Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Screens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why do you think the jags seem unable to operate screen passes effectively.  This has been an ongoing issue for us for years.  We seem to get killed by other teams screens but our good ones are few and far between.  Is it just our oline is not built for screens?

We never have been able to do a wr screen effectively either.

It seems like grurden would want screens in his style of offense.  What is the problem and will it get fixed?
We will see some tomorrow. We are only two games in, so perhaps  we  just have not had the matchups we wanted for this type of play yet. I don’t doubt it’s coming.
Yeah
I’d like to give Gruden more than two games before deciding he can’t implement a screen package
Considering we are averaging 28.5 points a game I'm not upset about lack of screen plays.
It has been years since we have effectively used screen plays. Not 2 games. I sure hope it starts soon as I think it's one of the best ways to slow down a pass rush. They sure work well on us. Not that we have a great pass rush right now.
Im more pissed about when a screen play is obvious our D cannot stop.

Like it’s 2&30 you don’t think they’re gonna call a screen? Come on
I have no complaints about the offense. We’re averaging close to 30 a game.
Dang. I thought this was a thread about windows and blinds.
SCREEN!!!!!!
Wouldn't mind if they start using the screen quite a bit today. Somewhat for selfish fantasy reasons... (Starting James Robinson in my PPR league, Saquon was dropped)
(09-24-2020, 12:15 PM)High Octane Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't mind if they start using the screen quite a bit today. Somewhat for selfish fantasy reasons... (Starting James Robinson in my PPR league, Saquon was dropped)

Never Trust Penn State Running Backs .... or coaches around your children
Aaand, I was yelling this at the TV the entire friggin game. Phins at one point were blitzing like every play, the perfect game time for a screen... But nope. Gruden just refused to call one and the continued to blitz.

Normally a few long screen plays hitting them on the blitz will stop that with quickness but nobody on our entire coaching staff seems capable of picking up on these types of peewee levels things...

That was so aggrevating.
(09-25-2020, 12:37 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Aaand, I was yelling this at the TV the entire friggin game. Phins at one point were blitzing like every play, the perfect game time for a screen... But nope. Gruden just refused to call one and the continued to blitz.

Normally a few long screen plays hitting them on the blitz will stop that with quickness but nobody on our entire coaching staff seems capable of picking up on these types of peewee levels things...

That was so aggrevating.

Thank you.  I agree. But i am a complete idoit.