Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lambo to IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just heard from Marrone.  Hip injury.  Wonder if it played a factor.

Ooof.
(09-23-2020, 03:15 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard from Marrone.  Hip injury.  Wonder if it played a factor.

Ooof.

Noooo my fantasy team!
What? Who is kicking tomorrow night?
(09-23-2020, 03:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]What? Who is kicking tomorrow night?

Brandon Wright from PS? He's a punter/kicker.

Cooke was doing some kicking off.... is he good enough to man both spots?

Yeesh... I'd hate to think Lambo is a deciding factor in a win, but this isn't good just 24 hrs or so away from kick off.
(09-23-2020, 03:15 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard from Marrone.  Hip injury.  Wonder if it played a factor.

Ooof.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Heck, I don't even know who is OUT THERE right now.
Promoting a rookie off the practice squad. Brandon Knight.

Hold onto your butts. 

Also, sounds* like Lambo will be a 3 week candidate.
(09-23-2020, 03:20 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 03:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]What? Who is kicking tomorrow night?

Brandon Wright from PS? He's a punter/kicker.

Cooke was doing some kicking off.... is he good enough to man both spots?

Yeesh... I'd hate to think Lambo is a deciding factor in a win, but this isn't good just 24 hrs or so away from kick off.

Cooke has been kicking off last year and maybe even more. Not sure if he can kick a field goal though.

I wonder if Scobee can kick for 1 game?
(09-23-2020, 03:20 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Heck, I don't even know who is OUT THERE right now.

Hauschka? Gano? Kai Forbath?
Quick Google search shows Mason Crosby, Stephen Haushcka, Chandler Catanzaro, and Aldrick Rosas are out there.

Pretty sure I read that if anyone is signed, they have to go through the whole COVID precautions of isolation/etc before being allowed to practice/etc. If we DID sign someone, they couldn't play tomorrow ANYWAY. As far as I know, we don't have another kicker on the roster/PS.

Edit: Looks like it might be Brandon Wright. He did kicking AND punting at GSU. Hit 12/18 on FGs and 48/49 on XPs in 2019, in 2018 he kicked a 52 yarder.
Just go with a vet who will be able to make the ones needed. Just a guy who can consistently hit from 40-49.

Hopefully we'll have Lambo back in a few weeks.
(09-23-2020, 03:25 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 03:20 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Heck, I don't even know who is OUT THERE right now.

Lol...bring Forbath BACK home. Had to Google him.  He played 3 games and went 4/5 in 2018. (Lambo was hurt)
(09-23-2020, 03:31 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 03:25 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Hauschka? Gano? Kai Forbath?

Lol...bring Forbath BACK home. Had to Google him.  He played 3 games and went 4/5 in 2018. (Lambo was hurt)

Forbath hasn't had a lot of games in the past couple seasons, mostly being used when starters went down but he's been pretty good in his spot duties in recent years. Last year with 2 teams he was 11/11 on FGs and 11/12 on XPs.

Guess it'll be Wright this week and depending on how he does, maybe they dip into veteran FA. But if Wright can hit the XPs and nail anything inside 30 I'd be okay going with the rook while Lambo is on the mend.
Mason Crosby

The hell, wonder how all of a sudden Lambo automatic got hurt?
(09-23-2020, 03:39 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]Mason Crosby

The hell, wonder how all of a sudden Lambo automatic got hurt?

Probably happened on that squib "power" kick they never should have been doing at the end of the first half.

Thanks Doug!
(09-23-2020, 03:30 PM)High Octane Wrote: [ -> ]Just go with a vet who will be able to make the ones needed. Just a guy who can consistently hit from 40-49.

Hopefully we'll have Lambo back in  a few weeks.

You won't be able to get a vet off the street until next week.  A new player can't come into your building until he passes 3 consecutive days of COVID testing.  New 2020 rules and the reason for the expanding practice squad.  We are stuck with the young guy off our p-squad... at least for tomorrow night!
(09-23-2020, 03:41 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 03:30 PM)High Octane Wrote: [ -> ]Just go with a vet who will be able to make the ones needed. Just a guy who can consistently hit from 40-49.

Hopefully we'll have Lambo back in  a few weeks.

You won't be able to get a vet off the street until next week.  A new player can't come into your building until he passes 3 consecutive days of COVID testing.  New 2020 rules and the reason for the expanding practice squad.  We are stuck with the young guy off our p-squad... at least for tomorrow night!

Here's hoping the offense goes OFF and the defense comes to play where it doesn't come down to a FG to win it.
This news is a bit concerning. Josh is all but automatic. I hope the new kicker can do enough to hold things down. I don't know how things might look if the Jags have to depend on some field goals, especially in close games.

Here's hoping the Jags won't have to be too dependent on him and that he's solid regardless. If not maybe they can get a decent veteran kicker when they are able/until Josh comes back.
If Josh is to IR, that means we're stuck with whoever replaces him for 3 weeks at least, right? That's a bummer
(09-23-2020, 03:25 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]

Gano is apparently with the Giants now. Man, the league cycles through kickers, don't they?
Pages: 1 2