Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dolphins Dominate Jaguars! Bums of the Game!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got to say this was a pathetic showing by both the offense and defense.   This Defense is absolutely horrendous and this offense may have gotten exposed today.  Robinson was the only bright spot of the whole game.   Bums of the Game from my take:

Minshew:  He played  a bad game today.  Lots of inaccurate passes.  Aikmen pointed out at least 3 times how poor that wide open td pass miss was from Minshew to Conley. Conley was wide open and Shew just overthrew it.  Miami set back and played a soft zone and the Jaguars could not beat it.  This maybe the formula that teams use going forward.  Minshew was very inaccurate and was throwing balls too high.  He was also captain check down in the first half.   By far his worst game this season.

Conley:  Butter fingers today.  I counted 3 major drops he had today.   Very poor game

Offensive line:  Miami rushed 4 most of this game and the line struggled heavily. 

Defensive line:  The theme continues with no pass rush.   The lone sack was a lucky sack by Allen.  It was a stupid play by Fitz rather then Allen making a great play.   This pass rush is horrendous

Henderson:  He got schooled today.  By far his worst game.  He got beat often.

Herndon:  He got beat like a drum as well

Todd Wash:  This scheme flat out sucks.  This defensive line is not good enough to get through with the front 4 pass rushers.  Other teams continue to have all day in the pocket.   A good horror show would watch this defense against Rodgers, Wilson, or Mahomes.  This defense makes mediocre QB look like hall of famers.

Gruden:   This game plan sucked.   Miami's soft zone was just unbeatable with the game plan.

Refs:  They called a horrible game against us.  Every call went Miami's way.  You would think we were playing in Miami.  It seems the refs were Dolphins fans.
By far the worst game of the season.

Only bright spot today was James Robinson. Besides him, this team played like absolute crap today.
Positives:
- Robinson looked good again.
- Weekend is now freed up.

Negatives:
- Everything else.
Literally everyone except James Robinson is on this list. But especially Conley. He killed momentum with two big drops and an OPI. [BLEEP] up the whole rhythm..
Bum of game is Doug Marrone for deferring kickoff in a primetime game with the nation dying to see Minshew.
(09-24-2020, 11:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Bum of game is Doug Marrone for deferring kickoff in a primetime game with the nation dying to see Minshew.

He was stuffing his face with Bologna as the decision was made.  He just said Oscar Meyer.
I told you al lthis afternoon when dj was listed as out nfl fixed it for guppies. they paid jags off to lose,and paid the refs to make bad calls. Refs are always super happy to call games for jags opposseing teams.
(09-24-2020, 11:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2020, 11:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Bum of game is Doug Marrone for deferring kickoff in a primetime game with the nation dying to see Minshew.

He was stuffing his face with Bologna as the decision was made.  He just said Oscar Meyer.

It set the tone for the whole game. I mean, its one thing if your defense hasn't given up an opening drive TD the first 2 games of the season.....

I continue to be amazed by Doug Marrones lack of situational awareness.
Conley single-handedly ended 3 drives tonight... 2 drops and an OPI. I couldn't give two [BLEEP] about Minshew missing him wide open towards the end of the game, because Conley (and the Defense) already lost us this game long before that.
(09-24-2020, 11:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Conley single-handedly ended 3 drives tonight... 2 drops and an OPI. I couldn't give two [BLEEP] about Minshew missing him wide open towards the end of the game, because Conley (and the Defense) already lost us this game long before that.

exactly...plus had defenders in his face....the decision not to take Conley out and put Westbrook in was a huge mistake....i don't understand it
Jags ans Minshew played bad... But I can't ignore the fact the refs did everything possible to make sure Jags lost that game. The PI when our DB had the inside on the long pass to breida and was looking straight back at the ball and breida hooked his arm while he was initiating none of the contact was as bad as a call gets.

That was how they got to like the 5 yard line before their 3rd TD to totally give the Phins the edge and it was about a 20-30 yard net gain for them.

I actually almost turned the game off after that call. It was right there with watching a fake sport like the wwe. I can't even understand how that's allowed to he called in the nfl.

That was just the worst of many laughably bad calls I saw. Then Cole probably has a concussion from headhunting and nope
Nothing. But hey throw out one of our best o lineman for pushing the refs arm off him... Even the announcers were bewildered by that baloney call.
I feel like Conley hurt us on atleast 3 drives.
Conley.

Schobert for letting old man Fitz juke him out of his shoes for a first down.
You could probably put together a good highlight reel of all the momentum killing penalties against the Jags, and all of them would be questionable. When the tv announcers/commentators are stuttering (uhhh, ummm, ehhh) and trying hard to justify the calls, you know its BS. Screw the NFL
Everyone in teal. But i am over the pi calls. Whatever. Jags defense cant have a good play. Ever.
Conley with the two drops, OPI, and not making a comeback in that INT.

He deserves to be demoted until he can earn it back.
In all my years of being a Jags fan, defensively, that first half might have been the ugliest I've seen in 10 years. How much more of this crap is fans supposed to ingest before Wash makes some type of adjustment? He continues playing soft zone, even though it has failed us over and over due to a complete lack of a pass rush, yet he changes nothing! He's a one trick pony who's one trick has been figured out by every team on the NFL.

Gardner Minshew was bad. He was forcing throws into tight coverage all game. He has to learn to throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking sacks and throwing picks when nothing is available. Based on this game alone, I start working on an extension for D.J. Chark. His absence tonight highlighted just how important he is to this offense. That last interception Minshew threw was about as bad as it gets.

Chris Conley was dropping throws all game. Why was he out there anyway? He's certainly not a deep threat and never has been during his career. It completely baffled my mind why he was playing over Westbrook. Chark is our downfield threat and with him out, Westbrook is clearly the second best guy on the roster to fill this particular role. It should've been Westbrook, Cole and Shenault out there for most of the game.

The O-Line played like crap! The pocket was collapsing on nearly every play. Robinson and Taylor were giving up QB pressures on nearly every play and the interior wasn't much better. Ironically, this is probably one of the poorer defensive lines we will face all season. They did decent opening holes for the run game, but the pass protection was non-existent.

Once again, the secondary was completely torched! Normally, it's been the safeties that have been exposed, but in this game it was the entire unit, highlighted by especially abysmal play by the corners. Henderson looked like an undrafted rookie, missing tackles, being beaten in coverage and biting on fakes. When he didn't touch the receiver and let him get up and make additional yardage, it was inexcusable. Herndon once again got exposed on several plays as well. These guys are just playing too far off the receivers and Fitzpatrick made it look as though he was just playing pitch and catch. It was embarrassing.

We should've signed a real kicker, once Lambo got injured. That missed extra point didn't make a difference, but it was just another mistake in a laundry list of boneheaded moves.

The only positive I saw in this game was James Robinson. This kid is a keeper. He impressed me so much, I looked up his contract details. Thank God, he is signed through 2022. Someone should be due a big raise in the future.

This is what it is to be a Jags' fan. We win games we shouldn't (Colts) and get humiliated by bottom of the barrel teams (Dolphins) on national tv. Until this defense even makes an attempt to stop opposing QB's, we could set an NFL record for allowing the highest opposing QB rating for the season and the lowest amount of sacks in registered in a season. Wash has to go!
This was the second time since 2000 that Miami has scored in their first three possessions.

One thing is for sure, Jacksonville is the team to play if and when you want to set records/milestones.
It seems to be heavily overlooked that Linder was out too. Obviously a huge loss that led to constant pressure.

Conley was the worst player on the field. Through 3 weeks, I’m wondering why he’s on the roster.

The offensive line was consistently beaten by 4 rushers. They had a terrible game. O line needs to be a major focus in the draft. By the 4th, 2/5 was gone.

The defense lost the game though. They couldn’t generate any pressure. Wash will be fired by week 8.

This team is pretty well in line where I felt. I think 6-8 wins. The offense won’t play this poorly every week. They will have a lot of weeks like week 1 and 2. The defense, I don’t expect much more.

Minshew is getting a lot of crap about the wide open Conley miss but Minshew also had a pass rusher in his face because he had to shoulder shake the corner to get Conley that wide open. Those misses happen to everyone. It was a double edged sword. Minshew hit 3 receivers in the hands in the end zone, all dropped. It’s why Dede rides the pine now.

My biggest critique of Minshew was that I wish he would’ve improvised more and sooner. He was trying to play in the system too hard until the 4th quarter. Receivers were not getting open and I actually would’ve liked to have seen him scramble and buy some time. The issue was when he did this, Aikman pointed out that the receivers were not playing back to him. I hope Gruden puts some scramble drills in this week.
So not only did the rookie kicker brought in for Lambo miss the PAT, he suffered a groin injury in the process. 

Was there any misfortune this team failed to check off the list last night? 

I have to admit I'm pretty deflated today. Just when you think this team is starting to make some progress they don't simply stumble, they fail in fantastically spectacular fashion. As in record setting, milestone setting fashion for the opposing team.

Announcer #1: "Incredible! I've never seen anything like this before in all my years! The punter took the snap and then rushed for a TD through the Jaguars defense while running backwards!" 

Announcer #2: "Yeah, Joe, that was puzzling to watch. I can only think the Jaguars defense saw his back and thought he was running the other way. I can't really explain it."
Pages: 1 2