Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jags next four games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is the "easiest" part of their schedule. They face off against the Bengals, Lions, Chargers, and Texans. I do wonder what happens in these next few games and definitely have concerns after what happened last night with the Dolphins. I wonder what typeof record they will have after these four games.

Things will become even more demoralizing for this team, if they lose most(forbid all) of these games. They really need to win at least half (preferably most) of these games. But that may happen especially with the way the defense is playing.

I hope DJ, Linder and Josh Lambo make healthy/speedy recoveries. The team misses these guys especially DJ and Linder.

I'm curious to see what adjustments Jay and the offense may make especially if these guys are out longer. They really didn't do well with that last night, though I do wonder how much playing on a short week factored into things. I also want to see how Gardner may bounce back.

Unfortunately, I don't expect much improvement from the defense. Doug has to stop deferring the ball when the Jags win a coin toss. The defense keeps putting the offense in deep holes to climb out and they can't do that all of the time.

Prior to yesterday's game someone had mentioned they mentioned that they thought the Jags.would have at least one "clunker" in this easy set. Maybe that this Miami game, but I am concerned we could see more if this team doesn't tighten up/learn to make better adjustments.
Stafford and Watson are going to eat this D alive.

Burrow and Herbert are interesting.
I think we have a shot against Cincy and Detroit. Not optimistic against the Chargers or Texans (although Houston looks like they are ready to take a significant step backwards).

Best case scenario after these 4 games is we are 3-4, worst case 1-6. After last night, I say we win one of these four and are 2-5 after these games.
(09-25-2020, 11:17 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have a shot against Cincy and Detroit.  Not optimistic against the Chargers or Texans (although Houston looks like they are ready to take a significant step backwards).

Best case scenario after these 4 games is we are 3-4, worst case1-6.  After last night, I say we win one of these four and are 2-5 after these games.
To be fair, Houston played the two best teams in football and now they face Pitt. Jags would be 0-3 to start against that too.
(09-25-2020, 11:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Stafford and Watson are going to eat this D alive.

I'm concerned that Burrow may light this defense up. And I thought Justin Herber looked mostly poised in his debut against the Chiefs last week. All things considering he played well, especially since he didn't find out he was starting until right before the game. The Bengals/Chargers matchups may end up being tougher matchups especially against the Jags D.

Here's hoping the Chargers/Bengals win their games this week. So they aren't even more desperate to win when they face off against the Jags.No team wants to be winless and winless teams can play pretty desperate.

It was one of the reasons why I was concerned about the Miami game. I knew the Dolphins would fight hard not to go down to 0-3. And that's what happened. Interestingly, enough I do think that the Chargers/Bengals can win their games this week. They are facing the Eagles/Panthers who been faring poorly this season. Hopefully, Chargers/Bengals won't get their first win (or any wins).against the Jags this year.
0-4; it's not about the overall team(s), it's the fact they all have QB's equal or greater then Fitzpatrick,
It really wouldn't shock me if we lost all 4 or won all 4.
(09-25-2020, 11:29 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]It really wouldn't shock me if we lost all 4 or won all 4.

winning all 4 wouldn't surprise you? with Marrone and Wash on this team? sure they can win 1 or 2 but 4? I'd really be surprised.
One thing to remember is Thursday night games are always funky and often one sided. If we lose next week, then we official know we are in the race for a top 5 pick.
(09-25-2020, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2020, 11:17 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have a shot against Cincy and Detroit.  Not optimistic against the Chargers or Texans (although Houston looks like they are ready to take a significant step backwards).

Best case scenario after these 4 games is we are 3-4, worst case1-6.  After last night, I say we win one of these four and are 2-5 after these games.
To be fair, Houston played the two best teams in football and now they face Pitt. Jags would be 0-3 to start against that too.

I agree.  But they have made a series of bad moves (highlighted by the Hopkins trade last year) that seems to have hurt their overall roster.  Brutal schedule to begin the year, but we will find out more about them the next few weeks.  In my opinion, if you take Watson off their current roster, they are a bad team right now.
I see 3 losses. From what I've seen so far of Burrow, he will carve up this defense like a Christmas ham. That kid is a future star. Their defense is just as bad as ours, so I'm expecting a shootout, but if Chark isn't back, we could see a repeat of our Thursday night performance. Detroit should be a win, but at this point, nothing is certain. The Chargers have a very good defense and I was surprisingly impressed by Justin Herbert. I think that game will be a much lower scoring affair, but until I see some changes in this defense, I have to go with L.A. There should be no way we beat the Texans. Watson is too good and our defense is just too pathetic. He might have a career game against us.
Jaguars defense be makings qbs look like
Bengals, boomer esiason
Lions, matt Stafford 1st ballot hof
Chargers, phillip rivers in his prime
Texans, Warren moon
FYI - Jags game (replay) on NFL network right now.
This team is bad. While they surprised us in Week one with a W and a valiant comeback effort in Week two, last night the real Jaguars showed up. The team we suspected we would be after the gutting of the roster during the offseason.

Any wins from here on out are flukes.
(09-25-2020, 03:18 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: [ -> ]FYI - Jags game (replay) on NFL network right now.

Why would I wanna watch that again? My blood pressure is just now starting to come down.
Hopefully last night was just a bad outing. Otherwise this team is staring at 1-6.
(09-25-2020, 11:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Stafford and Watson are going to eat this D alive.

This Defense is going to get ate alive every single week, doesn't matter who the QB is. We knew that before the season even started and it's only proven true over the first 3 weeks.

It was always going to be on the Offense to carry this team, this year. Not starting every game down 7-0 should help though. But with our luck, we might not win another coin toss for the rest of the season and every team will take the ball first knowing they'll get an easy 7-0 lead to start the game lolololol.
(09-25-2020, 11:26 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]0-4; it's not about the overall team(s), it's the fact they all have QB's equal or greater then Fitzpatrick,
This X 100