Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Earl Thomas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody think there is a snowball’s chance of picking him up? He is still out there and his price is likely going down. Even if it’s a 1 year deal, it could benefit both sides. I guess it just depends if the Jags actually want to tank.
Why? this team sucks anyway we would only get a slightly worse draft pick.

This isn't a playoff team.
Isn't he supposed to be a headcase? no need to bring that here after getting rid of our malcontents.
He may attack Wash, so why not bring him in?
(09-25-2020, 12:10 PM)PS9 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody think there is a snowball’s chance of picking him up? He is still out there and his price is likely going down. Even if it’s a 1 year deal, it could benefit both sides. I guess it just depends if the Jags actually want to tank.

We've been tanking 7 of the last 8 years... what's one more?
Rather would have Eric Reid
Can he rush the passer?
Thomas is a headcase and his play has taken a sharp downturn. We've neglected the Safety position in the draft for way too long. Despite there being some elite Safety talent, the highest pick we've spent to address this position was a 3rd rounder in 2018 (Harrison) and we traded him away. Before that, it was 2013 when we used a 2nd rounder on Jonathan Cyprien and he's been gone forever. With 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks in 2021, hopefully, we rectify this. We need another Donovin Darius type.
Just tank for Trevor Lawrence and a new GM, HC, DC, OC. New oc because that pure west coast dink and dunk offense is boring.
(09-25-2020, 12:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]He may attack Wash, so why not bring him in?

I like this train of thought.
(09-25-2020, 02:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Thomas is a headcase and his play has taken a sharp downturn. We've neglected the Safety position in the draft for way too long. Despite there being some elite Safety talent, the highest pick we've spent to address this position was a 3rd rounder in 2018 (Harrison) and we traded him away. Before that, it was 2013 when we used a 2nd rounder on Jonathan Cyprien and he's been gone forever. With 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks in 2021, hopefully, we rectify this. We need another Donovin Darius type.

Yeah,
I just checked the PFF grades for safeties and the top 3 are

1. Jordan Poyer (Bills)
2. Andrew Wingard (Jaguars)
3. Antoine Winfield Jr (Bucs).

Why couldn't we get one of those guys instead of the scrubs we're using?

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/s
(09-26-2020, 01:53 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2020, 02:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Thomas is a headcase and his play has taken a sharp downturn. We've neglected the Safety position in the draft for way too long. Despite there being some elite Safety talent, the highest pick we've spent to address this position was a 3rd rounder in 2018 (Harrison) and we traded him away. Before that, it was 2013 when we used a 2nd rounder on Jonathan Cyprien and he's been gone forever. With 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks in 2021, hopefully, we rectify this. We need another Donovin Darius type.

Yeah,

1. Jordan Poyer (Bills)

Am I seeing things? Wingard is the third highest graded safety currently?

Yeah,

1. Jordan Poyer (Bills)

Perfect example why you have to take PFF grades with a grain of salt.  Wingard isn't even a full-time starter for us... he's only played about 50% of the snaps on D.  Small sample size. He had a nice INT Week 1 against Rivers in zone coverage (probably more fault of Rivers, but I will give Wingard credit) that has boosted his grade, but the rest of the time he's been making tackles in coverage after balls have already been completed.  He is not what you are looking for in a starting NFL safety.

Yeah,

1. Jordan Poyer (Bills)

This is why grades are a joke lol

Yeah,

1. Jordan Poyer (Bills)

Winfield would be nice
I’ve never cared about pff