Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Leon Jacobs tears ACL and out the remainder of the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A very weak defense gets even weaker..

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2020/09...-torn-acl/
Damn. Feel bad for the guy. And us.
it was a given hes fineshed for season,anytime a player is carted off the field its a very very bad sign.
Heal up young man and come back even better.
Marsh will take his spot. Interested to see what the team does with the roster spot.
Sux for jacobs. What about q williams havent really heard anything about him this year.
(09-26-2020, 12:42 AM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Sux for jacobs.  What about q williams havent really heard anything about him this year.

IIRC he went on IR because of a core muscle injury (that required surgery). He is a WILL backer though so he wouldn't be playing Jacob's SAM position regardless.
Bad for him, but the Jags are better without him on the field. They need speed to make up for the zone, so going away from a 3rd LB is better.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(09-26-2020, 01:42 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Bad for him, but the Jags are better without him on the field. They need speed to make up for the zone, so going away from a 3rd LB is better.

Lol you couldn't be more wrong. 

Jacobs played mainly in base defense.. He's the SAM.. Now Marsh is taking his spot and it's going to be even worse on those early downs. Jacobs was solid and a decent blitzer. This team is going to run 3 LBs in base regardless of who's out there.. They just got even worse without Jacobs.
(09-26-2020, 02:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2020, 01:42 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Bad for him, but the Jags are better without him on the field. They need speed to make up for the zone, so going away from a 3rd LB is better.

Lol you couldn't be more wrong. 

Jacobs played mainly in base defense.. He's the SAM.. Now Marsh is taking his spot and it's going to be even worse on those early downs. Jacobs was solid and decent blitzer. This team is going to run 3 LBs in base regardless of who's out there.. They just got even worse without Jacobs.
They are better without the SAM on the field. Jacobs was bad on Thursday missing gaps and being slow/getting blocked. Yes the backup is worse. I'm not saying the backup should play, they should be in nickel if they want to play zone. They need speed to make up for the scheme playing off and having to come up to tackle in space.

(09-26-2020, 02:07 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2020, 02:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol you couldn't be more wrong. 

Jacobs played mainly in base defense.. He's the SAM.. Now Marsh is taking his spot and it's going to be even worse on those early downs. Jacobs was solid and decent blitzer. This team is going to run 3 LBs in base regardless of who's out there.. They just got even worse without Jacobs.
They are better without the SAM on the field. Jacobs was bad on Thursday missing gaps and being slow/getting blocked. Yes the backup is worse. I'm not saying the backup should play, they should be in nickel if they want to play zone. They need speed to make up for the scheme playing off and having to come up to tackle in space.

Jacobs barely played in that game... He got hurt on literally the 7th play of the game.. You're confusing him with somebody else, likely the rookie Chaisson.

They run plenty (they're in it most of the game) of nickel Defense with only 2 LBs, but this team is going to run 3 LBs on early downs regardless. It's their base 4-3 and they're going to continue to do it.
Tough break ...hate to see anyone with this injury.
Heal and come back strong
(09-26-2020, 02:17 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2020, 02:07 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]They are better without the SAM on the field. Jacobs was bad on Thursday missing gaps and being slow/getting blocked. Yes the backup is worse. I'm not saying the backup should play, they should be in nickel if they want to play zone. They need speed to make up for the scheme playing off and having to come up to tackle in space.

Jacobs barely played in that game... He got hurt on literally the 7th play of the game.. You're confusing him with somebody else, likely the rookie Chaisson.

They run plenty (they're in it most of the game) of nickel Defense with only 2 LBs, but this team is going to run 3 LBs on early downs regardless. It's their base 4-3 and they're going to continue to do it.

Well this isn't what Madden has us doing!  Laughing
Wouldn't chaisson be the ideal choice to move to sam on early downs as he was a OLB at LSU?
7th round draft pick. Kind of a shame we are relying on so many late round picks and non-drafted players to begin with.
I would put Chaisson at the Sam
(09-29-2020, 03:48 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]7th round draft pick.  Kind of a shame we are relying on so many late round picks and non-drafted players to begin with.

I'm pretty happy with our 6th round QB and undrafted RB.
(09-30-2020, 11:43 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2020, 03:48 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]7th round draft pick.  Kind of a shame we are relying on so many late round picks and non-drafted players to begin with.

I'm pretty happy with our 6th round QB and undrafted RB.

Yeah and Jacobs has been playing well since arriving. 
I think hitting on late round gems is a good thing.

I don't think we rely on too many of them either. Probably have 3-4 late round or UDFA starters total. I'm willing to bet that's about normal for most teams.
Murray has shown the same up-and-downs, and everyone has crowned him the next great QB.

Others have already said it, but no one would be doubting him if he was drafted in the first round. Every QB makes mistakes, especially new ones, but to hold a couple bad games against him is absurd considering that he has several accomplishments in his short career (accuracy % in a game, 4 comeback wins, etc.).