Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags sign Stephen Hauschka
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status...8729973762

I'm cool with it till Lambo is back.
But can he rush the passer?
I'm fine with this. Much better than the no-name that missed the extra point against the Dolphins. That was a game changer. LOL
Am I missing a roster move, or do we have an open spot on the active roster. For what I see, we released Jernigan and Wright while placing Jacobs on IR. We signed Hauschka and Ekuale, so we still have an open roster spot. I wonder if Ozigbo, Armstead or Wilson are being activated from IR.
Ozigbo or Williams can be activated.

Armstead is probably out for a long time.
Im interesting in Rosas, since he was signed to the PS. Kid is 2 seasons (2018) removed from a Pro Bowl and 2nd Team All Pro campaign. Granted, he went a little nuts in the off season, but he was pretty legit in 2018.
(09-28-2020, 04:20 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Im interesting in Rosas, since he was signed to the PS. Kid is 2 seasons (2018) removed from a Pro Bowl and 2nd Team All Pro campaign.  Granted, he went a little nuts in the off season, but he was pretty legit in 2018.

Sounds like my ex...

Decent pick up. Hopefully hes just needed for extra points because Minshew gets back on track next game.
He was the best available, and was clutch back in the day for Seattle. It was surprising to see him released from the Bills.

May he win us a few games before Lambo returns.
My concern is that signing him may point to Lambo out more than the minimum 3 weeks. If it was just a few weeks' injury, I could see the team sticking with the kid off the PS. I guess we'll know in a week and a half.
(09-29-2020, 04:52 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]My concern is that signing him may point to Lambo out more than the minimum 3 weeks. If it was just a few weeks' injury, I could see the team sticking with the kid off the PS. I guess we'll know in a week and a half.

I don't see that at all. Wright missed in his chance to win the job, he blew his shot with that missed PAT. Maybe if he had a chance to hit a few FGs later in the game to redeem himself it would be different, but as it stands the first time he was called on he went 50%
(09-29-2020, 05:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2020, 04:52 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]My concern is that signing him may point to Lambo out more than the minimum 3 weeks. If it was just a few weeks' injury, I could see the team sticking with the kid off the PS. I guess we'll know in a week and a half.

I don't see that at all. Wright missed in his chance to win the job, he blew his shot with that missed PAT. Maybe if he had a chance to hit a few FGs later in the game to redeem himself it would be different, but as it stands the first time he was called on he went 50%

I have to agree with this.  During Marrone's press conference yesterday it sounded like Lambo was recovering fine.  A couple of more weeks of rehab and hopefully he'll be good to go.
He's out of football, so he needs kicks to show he can do it. Then he will be the 1st one called when Lambo is back.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Wasn't he replaced by Myers? Hmmmm..... Oh well.
I would think Scobee is better then him
(09-29-2020, 08:03 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't he replaced by Myers?  Hmmmm..... Oh well.

To be fair, Myers has been pretty good since leaving here
(09-30-2020, 07:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2020, 08:03 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't he replaced by Myers?  Hmmmm..... Oh well.

To be fair, Myers has been pretty good since leaving here

Yep. And Lambo was released by the Chargers had has since been pretty much automatic. And Myers wasn't exactly bad here. He was boom and bust iirc. Hit the big ones, shank the easy ones and XPs. It was weird.

Sheryl Crow said "I think a change will do you good"

Anywho... as long as he stays healthy Hauchska will fill the gap fine until we get Lambo back for the Lions or Bolts.
Signed on Wednesday, questionable on Sunday. sounds about right.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/friday-upda...estionable
(10-02-2020, 02:36 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Signed on Wednesday, questionable on Sunday. sounds about right.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/friday-upda...estionable

*becausejaguars

Nah. Haushka left after the 16 season for Buffalo. In 2017 Blair Walsh was the Seahawks kicker. They signed Myers in Jan of 18 and cut him and went with Seabass that season, then brought him back after Myers Pro Bowl season.