Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Season of attrition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not liking the policy of postponing games because of positive covid tests. Treat it as 2 weeks of IR and start the reserves. If you cant field a full team, then forfeit. Thoughts?
I don't have a problem with rescheduling during a bye or something but once it starts effecting the end of season and extended season. Then I think you have to look at no contests or forfeits
I understand OP's sentiment. With that said, the virus is highly Highly HIGHLY contagious & spreads asymptomatically. If there are positive Covid tests in an organization it's likely that there are a few people that have a false negative or contract it after testing negative. It's not worth the risk and then infecting an entire opposing team possibly past the point of being able to field a full team even with subs.
I have mixed thoughts. If the back up free safety had covid would they suspend the game? Seems like we are showing favoritism to quarterbacks. That said, the sentiment that there is a higher chance of further positive tests to come is spot on, making it safest to just suspend things for a week to prevent further spread.
Everyone should watch the inventor of the test.
I have mixed feelings as well. 

As a person concered for other people i say cancel the season complety for this year ,and protect the players, and thier  familys.

as a football fan  i say still play the games even if teams have to use 3rd string players.   

Notice which one i put first. the health of a person is a whole lot more imporent then our entermiant.
(10-03-2020, 12:28 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Not liking the policy of postponing games because of positive covid tests. Treat it as 2 weeks of IR and start the reserves. If you cant field a full team, then forfeit. Thoughts?

I'd rather they play the 2nd and 3rd stringers than postpone games.  Treat it like any other injury.
(10-03-2020, 12:28 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Not liking the policy of postponing games because of positive covid tests. Treat it as 2 weeks of IR and start the reserves. If you cant field a full team, then forfeit. Thoughts?

Agree wholeheartedly. It's why you don't have just one QB, LB, or whatever on the roster. One guy gets sick, injured, or has a personal issue, next man at the ready.

I like how the tacks had to have double digit infections to get any action from the league, Cam gets a positive and now we're entertaining options to string out the season further. Nice double standard, shield.