Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Here's another case of a leftist Educator......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
High School Student Says She Was Kicked Out of Zoom Class for Having a Trump Flag

A second student in as many weeks was removed from a remote learning session after displaying a flag in support of President Donald Trump from home amid the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.westernjournal.com/high-scho...tJJBPiZpJs
(10-06-2020, 12:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]High School Student Says She Was Kicked Out of Zoom Class for Having a Trump Flag

A second student in as many weeks was removed from a remote learning session after displaying a flag in support of President Donald Trump from home amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Heavily biased article.
(10-06-2020, 12:11 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2020, 12:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]High School Student Says She Was Kicked Out of Zoom Class for Having a Trump Flag

Heavily biased article.

It's all he posts.
What do you expect though? Would CNN report this? The bigger concern is no student should know the political leanings of an educator, yet here we are.
(10-06-2020, 12:11 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Heavily biased article.

(10-06-2020, 01:34 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2020, 12:11 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]Heavily biased article.

It's all he posts.

Is this one any better?

Either way the public "education" indoctrination system has gotten out of hand.
(10-06-2020, 02:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2020, 12:11 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]Heavily biased article.

(10-06-2020, 01:34 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]It's all he posts.

Is this one any better?

No it's not.  When you are in class, you are distracting others.  
These meetings are supposed to be like you were in school.  
If students were in class, nobody would be petting a cat.  The teacher would never hear the parents give the children the answer.  And nobody would have a political flag behind them.
(10-06-2020, 06:37 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2020, 02:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Is this one any better?

No it's not.  When you are in class, you are distracting others.  
These meetings are supposed to be like you were in school.  
If students were in class, nobody would be petting a cat.  The teacher would never hear the parents give the children the answer.  And nobody would have a political flag behind them.

And no one would ever hear the indoctrinator's leftist anti-American rants directed at the captive audience.
(10-06-2020, 02:40 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]What do you expect though?  Would CNN report this?  The bigger concern is no student should know the political leanings of an educator, yet here we are.

I would hope not. That's not national news.
(10-06-2020, 08:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2020, 02:40 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]What do you expect though?  Would CNN report this?  The bigger concern is no student should know the political leanings of an educator, yet here we are.

I would hope not. That's not national news.

And if a right leaning educator did the same thing to a student with a Biden flag it would be a leading story on CNN and you would be pointing it out.  And it is national news.  No educator regardless of personal belief should interject their bias into the classroom. The fact that so many feel so comfortable should be alarming to each and every one of us.
(10-06-2020, 10:24 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2020, 08:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I would hope not. That's not national news.

And if a right leaning educator did the same thing to a student with a Biden flag it would be a leading story on CNN and you would be pointing it out.  And it is national news.  No educator regardless of personal belief should interject their bias into the classroom.  The fact that so many feel so comfortable should be alarming to each and every one of us.

No, I wouldn't. I don't think that would be national news either.
You're naive sometimes, dude. I agree it shouldn't be national news. Unfortunately, it's going to make the headlines because it fits a narrative, antagonizes a consumer base, and generates profit.
(10-07-2020, 08:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]You're naive sometimes, dude. I agree it shouldn't be national news.  Unfortunately, it's going to make the headlines because it fits a narrative, antagonizes a consumer base, and generates profit.

That still doesn't make it newsworthy. These days, everyone is triggered by everything. Whatever happened to having thick skin and ignoring insignificant stuff? Now, everyone gets "wounded" over words and wants everything canceled. None of this stuff is newsworthy. It's just people getting too emotional over meaningless crap.
You know what? I misread your post. I thought you were saying it wouldn't make national news if it were reversed. I retract my statement.
(10-07-2020, 11:14 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]You know what? I misread your post. I thought you were saying it wouldn't make national news if it were reversed. I retract my statement.

I don't think it should make national news either way, whether it was against a conservative student or a liberal student. I just don't find the story newsworthy either way. I think it's all about thin skinned people getting triggered when they are criticized. Do I think educators should be trying to politically influence students? No way, but I also think kids under the voting age should stay out of political discussions as well, since their opinions don't matter. I also think the voting age should be raised to 25, since scientifically, that is the age when our brain stops growing.