Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone, Gus Bradley, Bill O'Brien all have 48 regular season losses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the weird stat of the day, here are the current regular season head coaching records of Marrone, Gus, and Bill O'Brien ... all having 48 regular season losses.

Marrone      38-48  (note: this includes 15-17 as the Bills head coach so he's 23-31 with the Jags)
G. Bradley   14-48
O'Brien        52-48

In addition to all of them having 48 losses, the total wins of Marrone and Gus is 52, equal to that of Bill O'Brien.
But but but Khan is a genius, a millionaire!! he obviously knows what he is doing!!!!
I still laugh when I the Gus Bus's record. It will be a long time before anyone sinks below that level of ineptitude. If ever.
Marrone is a loser ....no doubt.
Hopefully after the Jags get beat by a team with NO COACH ....he and wash will be
out the door.
A winning record wasn't good enough for the Texans, but for the Jaguars just trying hard is enough.
I think everyone knows Jay Gruden will be our next HC.
(10-06-2020, 10:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone knows Jay Gruden will be our next HC.

I can't tell if your kidding... lol
(10-06-2020, 10:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone knows Jay Gruden will be our next HC.

That would be stupid.
(10-06-2020, 05:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]In the weird stat of the day, here are the current regular season head coaching records of Marrone, Gus, and Bill O'Brien ... all having 48 regular season losses.

Marrone      38-48  (note: this includes 15-17 as the Bills head coach so he's 23-31 with the Jags)
G. Bradley   14-48
O'Brien        52-48

In addition to all of them having 48 losses, the total wins of Marrone and Gus is 52, equal to that of Bill O'Brien.

One of those coaches is not like the other... And its not marrone. BOB started off with a lot more talent than Marrone.
I know Gus got dealt a crap roster, but my god man. We were soooooooo bad.
(10-07-2020, 07:46 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I know Gus got dealt a crap roster, but my god man. We were soooooooo bad.

Bad coach + Bad roster = 14-48. Dear God what a absolute clown fiesta that was. lol
Not only was Gus' overall record bad, but he was also 1-13 in September. Think about it, in 4 years we started

2013 - 0-7
2014 - 0-6
2015 - 1-5
2016 - 2-12
(10-08-2020, 07:11 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Not only was Gus' overall record bad, but he was also 1-13 in September.  Think about it, in 4 years we started

2013 - 0-7
2014 - 0-6
2015 - 1-5
2016 - 2-12

Yeah, but the ice cream parties were insane, man.
I still get eye twitches thinking about the Gus Bradley era. In no time in the history of football was such incompetence rewarded for so long.

Still, I felt bad about how he was let go. After 4 years of miserable incompetence, they chose to can him after an away game. He flew back on the team jet as a guest. That was harsh.
(10-08-2020, 07:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Still, I felt bad about how he was let go. After 4 years of miserable incompetence, they chose to can him after an away game. He flew back on the team jet as a guest. That was harsh.

Yes, but in typical Caldwell fashion, we extended his contract by 1 year and fired him with 1-year left on his contract; similar to the Bortles strategy --- extend the contract but get rid of them during the year in which their original contract would have expired.

Can you believe we extended Bradley's contract given he had the 2nd to last winning percentage of all NFL coaches in the history of the game?  The worst record was posted by Bert Bell who was actually 10-48 (2 wins less than Bradley)
(10-08-2020, 09:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2020, 07:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Still, I felt bad about how he was let go. After 4 years of miserable incompetence, they chose to can him after an away game. He flew back on the team jet as a guest. That was harsh.

Yes, but in typical Caldwell fashion, we extended his contract by 1 year and fired him with 1-year left on his contract; similar to the Bortles strategy --- extend the contract but get rid of them during the year in which their original contract would have expired.

Can you believe we extended Bradley's contract given he had the 2nd to last winning percentage of all NFL coaches in the history of the game?  The worst record was posted by Bert Bell who was actually 10-48 (2 wins less than Bradley)

That is how it typically works in the NFL. It is extremely rare for a coach or GM to go into a season on a lame duck contract.  Watch what happens at the end of this season here. Caldwell and Morrone will either be: a) fired (logical); or b) extended (insanity).  Khan will not have them on a lame duck deal; particularly with Caldwell and the importance of this 2021 off-season with multiple first round picks and a ton of cap space to send.  It won't happen.  They will either be fired or extended a year.
(10-08-2020, 07:19 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2020, 07:11 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Not only was Gus' overall record bad, but he was also 1-13 in September.  Think about it, in 4 years we started

2013 - 0-7
2014 - 0-6
2015 - 1-5
2016 - 2-12

Yeah, but the ice cream parties were insane, man.

Baskin Robbins every Sunday after the game!
(10-06-2020, 06:56 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone is a loser ....no doubt.
Hopefully after the Jags get beat by a team with NO COACH ....he and wash will be
out the door.

I told you all that when jags first hired him that he was a loser. no one wanted to listen, or belieave me.