Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hope Springs Eternal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep hoping Khan follows the Texans' lead and immediately dismisses his GM and Head Coach.  I presume a new head coach would also dismiss Wash.
Not gonna happen until the end of the season and even then, it's no sure bet.
(10-07-2020, 06:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Not gonna happen until the end of the season and even then, it's no sure bet.

Khan basically guaranteed that the entire staff will be back next year when he signed off on all those trades.  Khan is going to stick with continuity no matter how many fans he loses.
Hope springs eternal, but reality will kick you in the jewels. They're not firing anyone now, and probably not even at the end of the season.
(10-07-2020, 06:45 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2020, 06:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Not gonna happen until the end of the season and even then, it's no sure bet.

Khan basically guaranteed that the entire staff will be back next year when he signed off on all those trades.  Khan is going to stick with continuity no matter how many fans he loses.

That's what I'm expecting too. At least one more season of complete misery with no glimpses of any kind of hope. When you become a Jaguars fan, it's like entering Hades, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."
(10-07-2020, 07:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2020, 06:45 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Khan basically guaranteed that the entire staff will be back next year when he signed off on all those trades.  Khan is going to stick with continuity no matter how many fans he loses.

That's what I'm expecting too. At least one more season of complete misery with no glimpses of any kind of hope. When you become a Jaguars fan, it's like entering Hades, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

I would just be in utter disbelief if Caldwell and Morrone are back next season given the current trajectory of this season.  The 2021 off-season, given the multiple first-round picks and tons of cap space for potential free agents, is perhaps the most critical period of time for decisions in this organization since Khan has been here.  Do you really think he entrusts that to Caldwell, who would be on a lame duck contract and has had the worst W-L record of any general manager in the NFL?  Can anyone (including Khan) think that is a good idea?  There is no way.

The reason we will have a ton of cap space next year, btw, is because DC is paying $44 million this year in dead cap space to players no longer on team.... the highest amount of any team in the NFL. The average dead cap space in the League this year is $16 million.  That is how bad DC has mismanaged and evaluated our current roster.

And let's say Khan does allow DC and DM to ride out their lame duck deals (which RARELY happens in the NFL).  Does anyone think we are set up for great success next season?  What if we match Caldwell's 2nd best record ever in the League next year at 6-10?  Then they are getting fired anyway.  And the Jags hire a new GM in 2022 who is stuck with a bunch of veteran contracts that DC acquired on a 2021 free-agent spending spree and two 1st round picks from the 2021 Draft (think two more Chaisson or Taven quality-type picks).  The new GM comes in with little cap money to spend, and just a typical Draft... not nearly as attractive as what could have been the year before.

Even if lobbying has been made by DC and Morrone about their "plan", Khan will realize the opportunity that exists in Jacksonville next off-season to dramatically upgrade this team.  Making the right decisions next year could bring a Super Bowl to this city in a few years.  Does anyone trust Caldwell to do that?  I am confident SOMEONE will explain this to Khan, and he will do the right thing.  The whole culture and leadership needs to start from scratch with a new GM and HC at season's end.
Tank for Trevor/Fields, get a new GM/Coach. Sign 2-3 really solid FA.

Then we'll be looking at a 8-9 win team next season... which at this point i'm all for.
no one will be fired ever probbley case khan loves loseing!!!!!! he wants to lose.
This team is very deflating to follow as of late. At least in the late2000s  we had some recent success and we weren’t two decades removed from having an actually good team. Now, after a decade overall of total failure, except for one year, It’s hard to be optimistic about the future of the team.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Wash released at the bye.

Otherwise I believe we will see:
A complete change of GM and coaching staff at the end of the year if we stay on this path.
Or a dramatic shift in performance and a respectable record and the staff is carried into next year. Hopefully Wash is released under any scenario.

I doubt option 2 happens, but there is a reason everyone was so excited at the start of the year. Can they return to that level of execution?