Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I'm calling it now - Jags win next two
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jags win Sun and beat Detroit next week to get us back to .500.  Mishew gets back on track and throws for a couple TDs while JRob has another 100 yard game.  Defense will play better with the captain of the secondary back.

IT*
(10-08-2020, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Jags win Sun and beat Detroit next week to get us back to .500.  Mishew gets back on track and throws for a couple TDs while JRob has another 100 yard game.  Defense will play better with the captain of the secondary back.

IT*

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10074145]
You can edit your own thread titles now.
(10-08-2020, 10:05 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]You can edit your own thread titles now.

The Jags will win in OT. Yeah, that’s what he meant.
(10-08-2020, 10:05 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]You can edit your own thread titles now.

Fixed
(10-08-2020, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Jags win Sun and beat Detroit next week to get us back to .500.  Mishew gets back on track and throws for a couple TDs while JRob has another 100 yard game.  Defense will play better with the captain of the secondary back.

IT*

I love the optimism.  But it ain't happening against Houston.  MAYBE Detroit, but Houston is gonna WAX us.  They are excited BOB is gone and will play hard for Romeo.  And they are just more talented than we are.
It's too early in the day to be drinking sir
With out pass rush Watson will have a field day throwing and running the ball.
Going down with the ship of pre season predictions.

Respect.

Hayden is gone which means Tre plays a new position which means some turd on the outside oppose Henderson..... Houston is winless but they’ve played a much much tougher schedule than the Jags.

Jags have been the 1st victory for Fins and Bengals. Texans will make 3 in a row.
(10-08-2020, 10:34 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]It's too early in the day to be drinking sir

BLASPHEMY!!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47so3jfye9urfe6nucj4...=giphy.gif]
Damn, Henderson is out now. Hopefully Sidney Jones shows out
(10-08-2020, 10:21 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]

IT*

I love the optimism.  But it ain't happening against Houston.  MAYBE Detroit, but Houston is gonna WAX us.  They are excited BOB is gone and will play hard for Romeo.  And they are just more talented than we are.

I'd challenge that. Houston may be more talented, but it's not a huge deficit. You can argue that Jax's offense is just as talented at the skill positions and O-line, particularly if Linder returns. QB this year is not a huge win for Texans as Watson is out of sorts without Hopkins and Minshew is ascending. 

Defense... Watts & Mercilus make their defense better on paper, but outside of that who else qualifies as more than just a guy?

We suck against the Texans.

Actually, we suck against pretty much every team except for the Steelers.
(10-08-2020, 12:04 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2020, 10:21 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]I love the optimism.  But it ain't happening against Houston.  MAYBE Detroit, but Houston is gonna WAX us.  They are excited BOB is gone and will play hard for Romeo.  And they are just more talented than we are.

I'd challenge that. Houston may be more talented, but it's not a huge deficit. You can argue that Jax's offense is just as talented at the skill positions and O-line, particularly if Linder returns. QB this year is not a huge win for Texans as Watson is out of sorts without Hopkins and Minshew is ascending. 

Defense... Watts & Mercilus make their defense better on paper, but outside of that who else qualifies as more than just a guy?

Well, the great thing about your challenge is we will find out this weekend.  We are currently 6.5 point underdogs... I'll give you 9.  You are forgetting Houston opened up with the hardest schedule in the League.  We have played 2 bottom feeders and lost.  It was fortunate we played Indy in COVID Week 1 with no pre-season games... they were flat and we took advantage of it.  And I like Minshew, but he is not Watson.  They have WAY more depth at receiver than we do (Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, Randall Cobb, Kenny Stills) but trading Hopkins definitely hurt them.  RB, TE, and O-line are similar.  I predicted a lower scoring game at 27-17, but that was me being optimistic.

The Houston D is nothing special, but they are more talented than we are.  Zac Cunningham is perhaps their best player (he just got a huge contract) and underrated at inside LB, while the other ILB, Bernardrick McKinney, was in the Pro Bowl 2 years ago.  Justin Reid is better than anyone we have at safety.  Bradley Roby is better than any corner we have.  I'm not saying they are world beaters at all, but they much better than what we have.
(10-08-2020, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Going down with the ship of pre season predictions.

Respect.

Hayden is gone which means Tre plays a new position which means some turd on the outside oppose Henderson..... Houston is winless but they’ve played a much much tougher schedule than the Jags.

Jags have been the 1st victory for Fins and Bengals. Texans will make 3 in a row.

I don't think we win, but Wilson is back; he can move to outside corner if need be and have Herndon opposite, keep wingard at safety and perhaps sidney jones at slot CB
(10-08-2020, 01:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2020, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Going down with the ship of pre season predictions.

Respect.

I don't think we win, but Wilson is back; he can move to outside corner if need be and have Herndon opposite, keep wingard at safety and perhaps sidney jones at slot CB
They already said Herndon is the slot.
as long as doug is HC jags are not winning another game ever.
This team is built to win in 2025.
I think the only way we don’t lose is if it’s canceled due to coronavirus....
(10-08-2020, 03:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]This team is built to win in 2025.

More like 2027.  The Caldwell "plan" projects to one winning season every ten years... 2007, 2017, 2027.  He just needs more time.
Pages: 1 2 3