Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Allen Out vs. Houston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welp
He wasn't doing anything anyways
Yea not a big loss. Do not think it effects the outcome of the games. Jags are taking a whopping tomorrow.
(10-10-2020, 09:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Yea not a big loss.  Do not think it effects the outcome of the games.  Jags are taking a whopping tomorrow.

Not a big loss lollololol.... He's still far and away our most productive pass rusher on the DL... This trash DL is going to be even worse now.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...9326833666
You said it, this trash D line.  It was garbage with him and will be garbage without him.   It just stinks slightly worse now.
It'll be far worse than garbage without him.
(10-10-2020, 10:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2020, 10:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]You said it, this trash D line.  It was garbage with him and will be garbage without him.   It just stinks slightly worse now.

Agreed completely.

What kills me is everyone said to get rid of Yan because we have Allen.  

But players unquestionably perform better when they have surrounding help.

Did he suddenly forget how to rush the passer between last year and this year?

Allen has a knee injury now, but I am not concerned about him as a player at all.  I AM concerned we don't have the talent around him to maximize his ability.
(10-10-2020, 10:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2020, 10:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be far worse than garbage without him.

Agreed completely.

Allen has a knee injury now, but I am not concerned about him as a player at all.  I AM concerned we don't have the talent around him to maximize his ability.

Don't include me in that everyone group. I said from the start that losing Ngakoue was going to be a big mistake. It also makes the trade of Campbell look even that much worse, considering we're desperately missing him as well.
(10-10-2020, 10:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be far worse than garbage without him.

Agreed completely.

I am concerned about both him and the talent around him.  The fact that he is not producing ANYTHING without help is concerning.  A young Von Miller (who some crazy people compared him to) would at least be showing some flashes... he is not right now.

(10-10-2020, 10:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2020, 10:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]You said it, this trash D line.  It was garbage with him and will be garbage without him.   It just stinks slightly worse now.

Agreed.  He hasn't been playing well, but he is way better than what is left in the trash bin.
Lets cut the crap and be brutally honest.

The team has 4 sacks all year and that is with a Healthy Allen. Watson was going to have a field day regardless with no pass rush and a very mediocre secondary. While I agree that he is the best player on this sorry defensive line, it's like saying he is the tallest Midget. It does not matter.
(10-10-2020, 10:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2020, 10:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed completely.

Don't include me in that everyone group. I said from the start that losing Ngakoue was going to be a big mistake. It also makes the trade of Campbell look even that much worse, considering we're desperately missing him as well.

I know...which is exactly why I chimed in when I did.  You were one of the few opposed to the Ramsey trade too.
(10-10-2020, 10:23 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2020, 10:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed completely.

I am concerned about both him and the talent around him.  The fact that he is not producing ANYTHING without help is concerning.  A young Von Miller (who some crazy people compared him to) would at least be showing some flashes... he is not right now.

I don't know if I ever compared him to Von Miller.  Miller is more of a speed rusher, while Allen is more of a power rusher.  Miller also rushes from a 2 point stance, and has Chubb opposite him now.  Before Chubb, he had Malik Jackson and DeMarcus Ware at one point.  Allen plays with his hand on the ground and closer on the T than Miller (though I think Allen could thrive in a 2 point stance in a 3-4).

Hopefully you are wrong here.
(10-10-2020, 10:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2020, 10:23 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]I am concerned about both him and the talent around him.  The fact that he is not producing ANYTHING without help is concerning.  A young Von Miller (who some crazy people compared him to) would at least be showing some flashes... he is not right now.

I don't know if I ever compared him to Von Miller.  Miller is more of a speed rusher, while Allen is more of a power rusher.  Miller also rushes from a 2 point stance, and has Chubb opposite him now.  Before Chubb, he had Malik Jackson and DeMarcus Ware at one point.  Allen plays with his hand on the ground and closer on the T than Miller (though I think Allen could thrive in a 2 point stance in a 3-4).

Hopefully you are wrong here.

Not saying it was you, but several people made that comparison.  Denver plays a 3-4 now, but were in a 4-3 defense when Del Rio got there in 2012 in Miller's 2nd year with Denver.  He had his hand in the ground often those years coming off the edge as a D-End in Nickel/Dime packages.  That was before DeMarcus Ware got there in 2014. Or before Malik became prominent (he was a 5th rounder in 2012 and didn't play much his first year, only making 8 total starts his first 3 seasons).  Miller is a speed-to-power guy, but Allen does not have the same talent as Miller.  The point is, Miller had 18.5 sacks in his second season... before Ware and Malik were factors.  You knew Miller was going to be great... you saw it not only in the stat line, but he also passed the eye test every week.  Allen does not.

I hope I am wrong too.
It wasn't gonna matter as far as the outcome of the game anyway. This defense is not designed to stop opposing offenses with the personnel it currently has.
At this point, who cares? Not like we were going to sack Watson anyway
Next man up. It's Chaisson time.

Agreed completely.

Okay, just in the interest of accuracy, it is not true that everyone said that.

As for the topic at hand, I don't think it makes any damn difference because we are not going to win any more games anyway.
Taven will pick up the slack and get 3 sacks on Watson today.
Next man up. Don’t blink. Chance for another player to get some run and most importantly make PLAYS.