Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Don't kick Gardner Minshew to curb in draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I want to seriously punch everyone of you who think drafting Lawrence and just kicking Minshew to the curb is a smart move. Let's build a [BLEEP] team before we start casting off players who are actually decent to good... this makes no sense.

You dont pass up generational or franchise QB... yes i hear it, and understand. 

I think we need a pass rusher, OLINEMAN and CB's before we draft Minshew's replacement. Let's give the guy 2 years before we make this stupid rant.. jesus.
(10-11-2020, 01:50 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to seriously punch everyone of you who think drafting Lawrence and just kicking Minshew to the curb is a smart move. Let's build a [BLEEP] team before we start casting off players who are actually decent to good... this makes no sense.

I think we need a pass rusher, OLINEMAN and CB's before we draft Minshew's replacement. Let's give the guy 2 years before we make this stupid rant.. jesus.

This is his 2nd year.  If he shows promise, the new GM might do that.  If not, he will draft one.  Seems pretty simple to me... not sure why you are so worked up.
It's a no brainer to pick Lawrence if we can. Let's instead hope the team isn't that awful, and the Rams aren't.

I'm 100% sure the Dolphins will pick him with the Texans pick if they can and they have the highly rated Tua...

The only other alternative is to trade for established stars who are system fits in exchange for the pick.
I have been seeing these young QBs like Josh Allen or Justin Herbert who are tall enough to see over the defense, and have a strong enough arm to drive the ball 20 or 30 yards down the middle of the field.

If Minshew doesn't work out, I want one of those. And the thing is, we don't have to have the first pick in the draft to get one. Neither of those aforementioned guys was drafted with the first pick in the draft.
(10-11-2020, 07:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I have been seeing these young QBs like Josh Allen or Justin Herbert who are tall enough to see over the defense, and have a strong enough arm to drive the ball 20 or 30 yards down the middle of the field.  

If Minshew doesn't work out, I want one of those.  And the thing is, we don't have to have the first pick in the draft to get one.  Neither of those aforementioned guys was drafted with the first pick in the draft.

Gabbert and Bortles are both tall.
(10-11-2020, 07:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I have been seeing these young QBs like Josh Allen or Justin Herbert who are tall enough to see over the defense, and have a strong enough arm to drive the ball 20 or 30 yards down the middle of the field.  

If Minshew doesn't work out, I want one of those.  And the thing is, we don't have to have the first pick in the draft to get one.  Neither of those aforementioned guys was drafted with the first pick in the draft.

The tall QB isn't a requirement anymore. Look at Wilson, Brees, Murray, Mayfield, etc. Plenty of QBs are tall and arent worth a damn. It's the ability to make quick decisions and read a defense that matter.
(10-11-2020, 01:50 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to seriously punch everyone of you who think drafting Lawrence and just kicking Minshew to the curb is a smart move. Let's build a [BLEEP] team before we start casting off players who are actually decent to good... this makes no sense.

Don't pass up a franchise QB.  

But not to worry, Caldwell and Marrone will be back next year and they aren't going to draft a QB.
Wait..... who are you gonna punch?! Everyone?! THROUGH THE COMPUTER?!
(10-11-2020, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Wait..... who are you gonna punch?! Everyone?! THROUGH THE COMPUTER?!

Laughing
I'm with ya!! Still banking on the idea he'll win me a season supply of bud light
(10-11-2020, 09:55 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2020, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Wait..... who are you gonna punch?! Everyone?! THROUGH THE COMPUTER?!

Laughing

I am a big Minshew supporter, but if you are in a position to draft Trevor, you do it and don’t hesitate. This is not rocket science. It would be like passing on Manning because you already have a good quarterback. The reality is, its highly doubtful we are in a position to get him. There are some teams even worse than us (hard to believe but true). Even if we offered 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders, I doubt any of these teams would take that. Maybe if we were drafting number 2-3 and they had another guy they liked.
(10-11-2020, 10:10 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2020, 09:55 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]Laughing

I am a big Minshew supporter, but if you are in a position to draft Trevor, you do it and don’t hesitate. This is not rocket science. It would be like passing on Manning because you already have a good quarterback. The reality is, its highly doubtful we are in a position to get him. There are some teams even worse than us (hard to believe but true). Even if we offered 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders, I doubt any of these teams would take that. Maybe if we were drafting number 2-3 and they had another guy they liked.

If you have David Garrard or Case Keenum and Mahomes is on the board... do you take him?  Because that is what we are talking about here.  No brainer.

And there aren't many teams in worse shape than us.  If we play a full season, we will Draft in the Top 5 and the #1 spot is not out of the question.

So we get players for every other position and then we draft our QB? because it is so easy to draft a franchise QB outside of top 10? if Minshew keeps playing like the last 2 games we still should give him another year just because? If we can get Trevor we pass on him because we have Minshew?

I am not surprised you want to punch people for this dumb reason.
this team could have arron rogers,or tom brady,brees,any top qb,and they would still lose. qb isn't the problom. problom is players have bought into the head coaches loseing attutuide. we are getting better,we just didn't excute,same excause week affter week,year after year.
Gardener will be part of this team for this year and the next 2-3 years minimum as he is on a rookie contract.
If we're in a position to get Lawrence we're going to get Lawrence. There is no question about it.
I would gladly do a Mike Ditka in 2021 for Lawrence (sarcasm) to get our QB. Minshew would be the best back-up in the NFL. Take the future of the franchise (Lawrence) if he is there.
(10-11-2020, 08:18 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]

Gabbert and Bortles are both tall.

Came here to say this.
(10-11-2020, 02:03 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]

This is his 2nd year.  If he shows promise, the new GM might do that.  If not, he will draft one.  Seems pretty simple to me... not sure why you are so worked up.

/thread
It doesn't matter what happens - if Caldwell is picking we're going to whiff just like we have on almost every other 1st round pick. And with Marrone coaching, whoever is drafted is never going to develop.

Until you fix those 2 things, everything else is a moot point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6