Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sidney Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He's looking very good on the outside so far.

Got himself a crucial interception.

Glad he's turning his career around for the better after being hampered by injuries.
He was one of my favorite corners in the draft a few years ago. Its good to finally see him healthy
I'd like to see Henderson and Jones on the outside with Herndon in the slot.
Maybe a change of scenery is all he needed. If he can maintain playing at this level for the remainder of this season, that would remove one big need to address in the draft or free agency.
He caused that pick
(10-11-2020, 02:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He caused that pick

Yep, great recovery and tracking of the ball.
Jones was always very good for the Eagles when he was healthy. Unfortunately that was a rarity. Hopefully he gets some good luck going forward.
Him and Anderson when he is back might just give coverage a second or two more; which may in turn help the pass rush get home a little bit.

Won't overturn our defense, but hey, I will take any improvement at this point
(10-12-2020, 04:57 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Him and Anderson when he is back might just give coverage a second or two more; which may in turn help the pass rush get home a little bit.

Won't overturn our defense,  but hey, I will take any improvement at this point

Who is Anderson?
It doesn’t matter how good our secondary is if we can’t generate any pressure up front. If every QB we face has 4+ seconds to throw, they will find somebody open.

On a related note, I do like Syd Jones. A lot
The young man had a helluva game against the Texans.
(10-12-2020, 05:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2020, 04:57 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Him and Anderson when he is back might just give coverage a second or two more; which may in turn help the pass rush get home a little bit.

Won't overturn our defense,  but hey, I will take any improvement at this point

Who is Anderson?

Henderson; dang autocorrect
He balled out... so why is he just now cracking the lineup due to injuries?

Not sure what the hell the coach staff sees during practice that makes this guy be buried behind Herndon and Claybrooks...
(10-11-2020, 02:38 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see Henderson and Jones on the outside with Herndon in the slot.

Agree on Henderson & Sidney Jones starting at the outside CB spots. I don't want to see Herndon play nickel, i don't think it suits his skillset, i'd rather see Josiah Scott (drafted to be the future at nickel) or Luq Barcoo take reps there until Hayden is healthy.
(10-15-2020, 02:06 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2020, 02:38 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see Henderson and Jones on the outside with Herndon in the slot.

Agree on Henderson & Sidney Jones starting at the outside CB spots. I don't want to see Herndon play nickel, i don't think it suits his skillset, i'd rather see Josiah Scott (drafted to be the future at nickel) or Luq Barcoo take reps there until Hayden is healthy.

Neither Scott nor Barcoo have done anything. Claybrooks wasn't even drafted to be a DB. He was drafted to be a returner. What does that say about those he beat out? This is the same as with Wingard where it's easy to complain about who's playing without thinking about that the others must be even worse.

Even if the coaches are morons they have to be able to see who's better. Very few players on the roster are safe from being cut by way of costing too much guaranteed money.
(10-15-2020, 02:40 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2020, 02:06 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]Agree on Henderson & Sidney Jones starting at the outside CB spots. I don't want to see Herndon play nickel, i don't think it suits his skillset, i'd rather see Josiah Scott (drafted to be the future at nickel) or Luq Barcoo take reps there until Hayden is healthy.

Neither Scott nor Barcoo have done anything. Claybrooks wasn't even drafted to be a DB. He was drafted to be a returner. What does that say about those he beat out? This is the same as with Wingard where it's easy to complain about who's playing without thinking about that the others must be even worse.

Even if the coaches are morons they have to be able to see who's better. Very few players on the roster are safe from being cut by way of costing too much guaranteed money.

Well obviously they haven't done anything .. they're rookies lol. But at this point we know what Herndon is, and I think he'd be worse at the nickel than he would outside the numbers. Why not give the reps to the young kids and let them get some game experience and grow? We can't say for certain that any of the players are better/worse until we see them on the field. Sidney Jones BALLED OUT on sunday, yet the coaching staff has been giving Herndon the starting nod, if Henderson wasn't out with an injury you think Sidney Jones would've seen the field? I think you're giving the moronic coaches too much credit.
Reserving Judgment. Had a great fist game here.
At this point, I’m worried we’ll lose him in free agency.
(11-15-2020, 05:35 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]At this point, I’m worried we’ll lose him in free agency.

We need to pay him to remain here. He has shown enough and the Jaguars have needs at other positions- especially tight end, defensive line and safety. Can add offensive line to that list and taking a q.b. with their first pick is a given.
Pages: 1 2