Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags practice squad player tests positive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jacksonville Jaguars closing their facility after a positive COVID-19 test

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3013...id-19-test
(10-17-2020, 09:23 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Jacksonville Jaguars closing their facility after a positive COVID-19 test

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3013...id-19-test

Maybe we can forfeit the game and avoid the misery?
The last possibly winnable game on the schedule and we might have to forfeit. That figures........
(10-17-2020, 09:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]The last possibly winnable game on the schedule and we might have to forfeit. That figures........

Lol, you are such a sad sack Eeore. How many forfeits have there been so far?
I think the season may end up abbreviated. Lets make sure to lose this game so we keep a high draft pick.
Do we know who tested positive?
(10-17-2020, 09:50 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]I think the season may end up abbreviated. Lets make sure to lose this game so we keep a high draft pick.

They're saying the game is still on. That said, the NFL seems dang determined to play the whole season so as not to create unfair scenarios for playoff seeding and draft order.
(10-17-2020, 10:03 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Do we know who tested positive?

One of the PS guys is all they're saying. Too bad it wasn't Todd Wash.
Mike Florio of PFT is saying that if this game can't be played by Tuesday, he thinks it will be the first game of an 18th week season. (Detroit has already had their bye) Hopefully, the game will be able to be played and the one practice squad player is the only person that tested positive.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...d-tuesday/

The Jags have been doing a good job of trying to protect the players and employees. I've seen footage of some of the things that they have done to try and keep people safe. Expensive, extreme stuff. Though, some players around the league getting positive tests is to be expected. Especially as we are getting closer to Flu season. And more people are starting to catch colds, cough, sneeze, spread stuff around (including COVID). Hopefully, everything will work out okay and the game will play as scheduled.
I was hoping Wash would have to sit out because of contact tracing, but I guess not

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(10-17-2020, 10:09 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2020, 09:50 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]I think the season may end up abbreviated. Lets make sure to lose this game so we keep a high draft pick.

They're saying the game is still on. That said, the NFL seems dang determined to play the whole season so as not to create unfair scenarios for playoff seeding and draft order.

It's probably more about the money, TV contracts, and player salaries,
(10-17-2020, 09:48 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2020, 10:09 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]They're saying the game is still on. That said, the NFL seems dang determined to play the whole season so as not to create unfair scenarios for playoff seeding and draft order.

It's probably more about the money, TV contracts, and player salaries,

Plus Detroit have had their bye so the only time to reschedule is for the Week 18 the league have as back up but dont want to use it yet.
Stay on topic. Discussion of the politics behind mask wearing should go into the political forum.
Did they state that he was on the Practice Squad or perhaps did they state he is a starter with Practice Squad talent?
(10-18-2020, 08:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Did they state that he was on the Practice Squad or perhaps did they state he is a starter with Practice Squad talent?

Who on the team is that good? Can't be anyone on the defense.