Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rock Bottom: The Lions did not just beat the Jags, they straight out spanked them!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to find silver lining in the game and really can't come up with much.   The offense and defense played horrendous so it's hard to judge who was Worse.  The game plan was just as bad on both sides of the ball.  Minshew has also been falling apart.  I can't find any silver linings here.
Cole was the best thing about the game today.
This was one of the most embarrassing losses in franchise history.
Congrats D6
(10-18-2020, 08:37 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]This was one of the most embarrassing losses in franchise history.

Not even close.
(10-18-2020, 08:46 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats D6

Thanks, jagsfan06.

I appreciate the thought, knowing what was a very difficult day for you and all other passionate Jaguars fans. 
It's not bottom yet. Wait until the coaches and GM are here next year.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
At least Henry didn't bust out a 94 yarder against us.....again
(10-18-2020, 11:34 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2020, 08:46 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats D6

Thanks, jagsfan06.

I appreciate the thought, knowing what was a very difficult day for you and all other passionate Jaguars fans. 

congrats D6 your lions did excattly what teams should do playing againest a winless team.  Jags haven't won a game this season, rivers gave it to the jags. this is a 0-16 team, we would be 3rd team in  nfl history to go 0-16 if it wasn't for the gifted game to us from rivers. this is worst coached team ever in nfl history. Talent is there,but coach is a LOSER!!!!!!!!!!
(10-19-2020, 12:55 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]It's not bottom yet. Wait until the coaches and GM are here next year.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

That is my sinking feeling as well
(10-19-2020, 08:33 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2020, 11:34 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, jagsfan06.

congrats D6 your lions did excattly what teams should do playing againest a winless team.  Jags haven't won a game this season, rivers gave it to the jags. this is a 0-16 team, we would be 3rd team in  nfl history to go 0-16 if it wasn't for the gifted game to us from rivers. this is worst coached team ever in nfl history. Talent is there,but coach is a LOSER!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Snowwolf.

There are indeed building blocks on the Jaguars roster. Two that jumped out yesterday are from the Jaguars 2020 Draft Class, C.J. Henderson and Laviska Shenault Jr..  

Henderson has all the physical skills to be an elite CB.  He blanketed Lions WR Marvin Jones repeatedly in coverage and was more physical as a tackler and in run support than I realized. 

Shenault got my attention when watching the Jags-Texans game closely the previous Sunday.  That 3rd Down Conversion against the Lions in which he broke 4 tackles reminds me of a bigger version of Golden Tate.

Three veteran Jaguars players in particular that I thought played well yesterday are S Jarrod Wilson ( the drop-off after he went down with an injury was also noticeable) , DE Dawuane Smoot ( after a slow start, he started making his presence felt like he did in Houston the previous Sunday ), and C Brandon Linder.  In Linder's case, he had a lot on his plate after A.J.Cann went down, and the overall inconsistency of the rest of the Jaguars upfront blockers.