Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Impressions From the Lions Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Change the Saints to the Jaguars and substitute "entire game" for second half and you have my thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI
Mora sums it up perfectly. 

Replace the Cardinals here with Jaguars and the Bears with the Lions

Woah, what happened to the original thread?
Impressions we have a handful of NFL talent and a bunch of Just a Guy types. I will say the trade for Titan guy is okay but there are so many holes just a roster spot.

Offense has zero confidence. Do we have guys on defensive injury list that are going to just check out instead of risking themselves?
It must have been hijacked by next weeks opponent. .

So... we get to do it all over again.

OL - could not run block the league's worst run defense. Could not pass block either.
QB - played poorly throwing footballs in the air that were behind receivers and floated down like they had parachutes. This while being chased around the backfield (see OL)
Receivers - Ran side by side with the nearest defender they could find. Dropped multiple balls that floated into their hands.
Running back - ran hard, showed the ability to inhale, turn sideways and slip through small gaps
DL - pass rushed at a steady pace keeping the Lions QB in the pocket. Yelled BOO real loud to pressure him. Showed an innate ability to stay on blocks allowing the running back to have a career day.
Linebackers- Kept the running backs from breaking NFL records.
def backfield - were good at tackling the receivers AFTER they caught the ball.
(10-18-2020, 10:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]It must have been hijacked by next weeks opponent. .

So... we get to do it all over again.

OL - could not run block the league's worst run defense. Could not pass block either.
QB - played poorly throwing footballs in the air that were behind receivers and floated down like they had parachutes. This while being chased around the backfield (see OL)
Receivers - Ran side by side with the nearest defender they could find. Dropped multiple balls that floated into their hands.
Running back - ran hard, showed the ability to inhale, turn sideways and slip through small gaps
DL - pass rushed at a steady pace keeping the Lions QB in the pocket. Yelled BOO real loud to pressure him. Showed an innate ability to stay on blocks allowing the running back to have a career day.
Linebackers- Kept the running backs from breaking NFL records.
def backfield - were good at tackling the receivers AFTER they caught the ball.

ST - Kicker was half good. Punter had a few bad punts. Return game is lacking.
Lol deep balls floating like parachutes, I'd totally be down for nicknaming Minshew parachute.
Fire everyone
Yep i agree. They just sucked. This is probably the least into the team i am in so long i cant remember it being worse.
Why do we still have these lousy coaches and coordinators and GM? We weren't going to be good. But no good players want to play for this team anyways.
(10-18-2020, 10:24 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Lol deep balls floating like parachutes, I'd totally be down for nicknaming Minshew parachute.
Those were because he threw it really early and didn't follow through on some. The early throws he put up to a spot to give the WRs a chance, otherwise he gets sacked. The ones were he didn't step into the throw he felt pressure and tried to make a play.

He has a good enough arm, see the pass that Chark dropped, but he has to step into the throw.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(10-18-2020, 10:24 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Lol deep balls floating like parachutes, I'd totally be down for nicknaming Minshew parachute.

Dudes deep passes be looking like the ones I see from people tailgating at the parking lot in front of the stadium.
(10-18-2020, 10:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Fire everyone

I agree.  

And I will add, I'm starting to think Shad Khan doesn't care about winning.
I just don't understand how this team falls off a cliff seemingly every year. They start off looking solid and then regress suddenly. It's not a slow slide or gradual deterioration, they just abruptly disappear.
The really bad thing is that it's clear the Lions didn't play well. They had several bad penalties, questionable calls etc but against the Jags it obviously didn't matter.
Waiting for some sort of announcement from  ownership, the team ....ANYBODY about changes...
So far crickets .... just sad acceptance of poor results and allowing this team to continue down 
to the absolute bottom.
The Jaguars are the laughing stock of the NFL.   Angry
It's weird Bullseye, get rid of anyone with talent and experience and replace them with rookies with no preseason and a very limited camp and we arent suddenly better.

Throw in Marrone and Wash and this season is exactly what I expected and feared.
Caldwell is the worst GM in history

AHEM.

parashewte
impression: early Sunday morning, I realized the TLH Fox affiliate opted to give us the Panthers/Bars game, and I was upset. Around 4pm, I wrote the station director a thank you note.

Morale is tanking. Frankly, I think that was the worst thing about the Bortles era - EVERYONE in the building questioned his ability, and waited to see the confirmation of their thinking. I'm starting to see similar mindsets among the team when talking about Minshew.

If the coach is not willing to hold his assistants accountable for their poor results, the GM has to hold the coach accountable. Shad needs to be in Dave's ear, Doug either needs to take action to attempt to right the ship, or he's going to be tossed overboard as well. The owners (and fans) have been more than patient at this point.
Pages: 1 2