Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our only 100% healthy defensive backfield player is...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ramsey.

Every one else

Is hurt and on the injury report.

Per 1010 a few minutes ago
Quote:Ramsey.

Every one else

Is hurt and on the injury report.

Per 1010 a few minutes ago
But he was hurt earlier this year so this is a lie.
Lol
Hr may BE hurt.

But he's not on the injury report
Welp
And the excuses start coming in

Quote:And the excuses start coming in

Coach Gussy couldn't possibly win with all these players injured. These next 5 games shouldn't count against him. And then when these players come back, they need at least 5 more games to gel, so even if we are 0-12, we couldn't possibly blame Gussy. We just have to believe in the process. This is only year 4, everybody knows you need at least 7 years to evaluate a coach.
Well technically Colvin is healthy
I still think they win this game.

I don't know exactly why I think that though.
Does it really matter?  We just got torched by a team that was missing its best WR.

We could have Deion Sanders & Darrell Green in our backfield in their prime and it wouldn't matter.  In our scheme, they'd be double teaming an area of the field in our zone coverage.

Quote:Does it really matter?  We just got torched by a team that was missing its best WR.

We could have Deion Sanders & Darrell Green in our backfield in their prime and it wouldn't matter.  In our scheme, they'd be double teaming an area of the field in our zone coverage.

A bit excessive there, HURR...but not by much.

Ironically, that's about the only DB duo I can think of off-hand that might be pretty much idiot-coach proof. I'm sure Green can still run a 4.4-40yd and cover like a boss. Sign him for a couple of weeks?  Confusedweat:
Quote:Coach Gussy couldn't possibly win with all these players injured. These next 5 games shouldn't count against him. And then when these players come back, they need at least 5 more games to gel, so even if we are 0-12, we couldn't possibly blame Gussy. We just have to believe in the process. This is only year 4, everybody knows you need at least 7 years to evaluate a coach.

If all the players aren't healthy, we may need to extend the 7-year rebuild.
#CypSquad
Tee up the excuses for the loss :whistling:

Why is everyone hurt? This is bad. We need coaching change in the offseason if we are picking top 5 again. Even if we picking top 16 we need a coaching change. Someone who can come in and fix these players into real football players because right now they are all eating icecream and getting fat and can't stay healthy. I blame Gus for giving out so much ice cream every time someone makes a tackle or completion one extra scoop with toppings. 

Quote:Does it really matter? We just got torched by a team that was missing its best WR.

We could have Deion Sanders & Darrell Green in our backfield in their prime and it wouldn't matter. In our scheme, they'd be double teaming an area of the field in our zone coverage.

We could have Lawrence Taylor but Uncle Gussy would have him on the bench because Skoots fits the ice cream defense better.
Quote:Why is everyone hurt? This is bad. We need coaching change in the offseason if we are picking top 5 again. Even if we picking top 16 we need a coaching change. Someone who can come in and fix these players into real football players because right now they are all eating icecream and getting fat and can't stay healthy. I blame Gus for giving out so much ice cream every time someone makes a tackle or completion one extra scoop with toppings. 

I view it as divine (or infernal) justice since we actually made it through pre-season without a slew of major injuries unlike years past...
Gipson, Ramsey and Cyp will all play. I hope Amukamura comes back.
House should play, held out to rest his hamstring

Quote:A bit excessive there, HURR...but not by much.

Ironically, that's about the only DB duo I can think of off-hand that might be pretty much idiot-coach proof. I'm sure Green can still run a 4.4-40yd and cover like a boss. Sign him for a couple of weeks?  Confusedweat:

Lol .... kind of a shame but I definitely think a 50 year old Darrell Green would have helped us a few years ago

Quote:We could have Lawrence Taylor but Uncle Gussy would have him on the bench because Skoots fits the ice cream defense better.

#TaylorIsland ---it's a shame LT didn't play during the Gus Era.  Seeing the Lawrence Taylor vs DeAndre Hopkins matchup would have been priceless.
Pages: 1 2