Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If we get blown out again do we stay the course through the bye?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is the glass half full or half empty? With the Jags it is almost certainly mostly empty!

I will quote one of my favorite movies, "You either get busy living, or you get busy Dying."

This team is on a bad level of suck right now.  All sides of the ball are terrible right now. Do you see any action being taken once the Jags get blown out again against the Chargers?  It is the bye week after that.

The only change I see is Marroe bringing in Bologna Subs instead of sandwiches. This team is in disarray from the ownership on down. I felt like I have seen this movie many times and know exactly how it will go.

Here is my scenario:

Going into Bye: Coaching staff: "We must seek answers," yada yada yada!

Rest of the season:  The Jaguars will squeek out a win or two that does nothing but hurt their long term future due to their draft pick dropping.  They pick a "promising" player in the top 5 that either flat out bust, or becomes a star only to be traded away a few seasons later.
Jaguars sent one of those at the game fan reviews/surveys after the Lions game. I found the survey to be funny because all the questions were about the at the game experience with regards to the stadium amenities, service, covid and nothing about the actual team on the field. They think excellent amenities can make up for a terrible team. The last box where you can write anything, I said the the at the game experience was excellent with regards to the stadium but the product on the field sucked and made the at the game experience miserable and the head coaches, GM and quarterback got to go. I hope they listened to me after the Jaguars get blowed out tomorrow.
There's no reason to make any changes. Stay the course and trust the process.

At the end of the season, Khan announces extensions for the entire coaching staff and scouts.
I hope we keep the current staff until the end of the season. Need that #1 pick
Tank!

We need the higher draft pick.
Somewhere TC is amused and thinking so I was the problem....
Yes.
There is no real benefit firing anybody before the season ends. And there is absolutely no benefit keeping even one person on either the coaching or personnel staffs the day after the season is over.
(10-24-2020, 02:23 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I hope we keep the current staff until the end of the season. Need that #1 pick

Agreed.
Typical Jaguars season: first, we ruin our chances at a playoff spot, then, we ruin our draft position with a couple of meaningless wins.

So, in order to not do the latter, I suggest we stay the course.
Reading in between the lines of Mr. Khan's comment "It's not where you start, it's where you finish" I would say nothing will happen until the end of the season (or not at all). I would like to see Gruden retained as the OC though
(10-25-2020, 10:56 AM)wrong_box Wrote: [ -> ]Reading in between the lines of Mr. Khan's comment "It's not where you start, it's where you finish" I would say nothing will happen until the end of the season (or not at all). I would like to see Gruden  retained as the OC though

Yes you have a good point.
Let them stay. We need the high draft pick and this way no one will ever hire them again, at least not as a HC and GM.

Why keep Gruden? honestly I like Defilippo more (and no I don't mean it as I want them to brig back Defilippo next year)
Stay the course. Caldwell's 10 year plan is right on schedule. Not sure what happened to the blip in 2017 but he got it back on track now.
I don't think that was enough of a bad loss to have Shad pull the trigger this week.
(10-25-2020, 07:47 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that was enough of a bad loss to have Shad pull the trigger this week.

Which is odd because Khan will fire a soccer team manager at the drop of a hat.
(10-25-2020, 07:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2020, 07:47 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that was enough of a bad loss to have Shad pull the trigger this week.

Which is odd because Khan will fire a soccer team manager at the drop of a hat.

Losing matters in soccer. Fulham gets relegated and Shad loses millions and millions. Jags lose and Shad rakes in millions and millions regardless. It's really that simple.

Yah.  It was only two scores... not bad for us.   Wallbash
(10-24-2020, 07:36 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhere TC is amused and thinking so I was the problem....

Coughlin caused us a different kind of strife than what Morrone is causing us.

Coughlin caused players to not want to play here. Marrone just sucks at coaching.
It's sad that losing by 2 scores is looked at as "not that bad"
Pages: 1 2