Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrones 4th Down Call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now this place is becoming ever more empty but this for me was the most baffling decision of yesterday.

Up by 5, on our 46yd line, 8mins left in the 3rd Q and goes for it on 4th and 2. Why?

Marrone says he wanted to be aggressive and go up 2 scores but there is aggressive and then theres reckless. It completely swung the momentum of the game. D had been holding up but with a short field and then Dede fumbling we had a 14pt swing and find ourselves suddenly down.

And then the playcall. Just unacceptable
He knows he’s likely out soon, and maybe even during this bye. He probably figured winning this game by a decent score would save him. This has all the hallmarks of desperation.
Our punter (Logan Cooke) probably has a @15,000 bonus tied to the number of punts this season so we're attempting to limit his usage to save the $15k
(10-26-2020, 02:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote: [ -> ]He knows he’s likely out soon, and maybe even during this bye. He probably figured winning this game by a decent score would save him. This has all the hallmarks of desperation.

If he is out soon, it has to happen today
(10-26-2020, 02:45 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2020, 02:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote: [ -> ]He knows he’s likely out soon, and maybe even during this bye. He probably figured winning this game by a decent score would save him. This has all the hallmarks of desperation.

If he is out soon, it has to happen today

Golly I hope not! We need some more of the above plays if we are going to be a top 5 pick. I want the whole package..gimmie a new coach staff, front office, and top 5 pick please.
(10-26-2020, 02:48 PM)Corriewf Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2020, 02:45 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]If he is out soon, it has to happen today

Golly I hope not! We need some more of the above plays if we are going to be a top 5 pick. I want the whole package..gimmie a new coach staff, front office, and top 5 pick please.

I think you will get your wish!  I don't see them making changes until after the season... but they will blow the entire thing up then.
I liked wasn't a fan of the play call but I liked going for it. We suck, why not go for it?
The way the defense was playing, 3 wasn't going to be enough. This team needs TD"s almost every drive because the defense is so bad!
(10-26-2020, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I liked wasn't a fan of the play call but I liked going for it.  We suck, why not go for it?

If we simply start each sentence with "We suck" everything makes sense and even if it doesn't, it really doesn't matter.

Examples: 
Why did we sign a kicker that can't even kick the ball 40 yards (Hauschka)?  We suck, maybe he'll be great with onside kicks.
Why did we sign a kicker that never attempted a field goal in high school, college, or the NFL (Jon Brown)?  We suck, why not.
(10-26-2020, 02:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Now this place is becoming ever more empty but this for me was the most baffling decision of yesterday.

Up by 5, on our 46yd line, 8mins left in the 3rd Q and goes for it on 4th and 2. Why?

Marrone says he wanted to be aggressive and go up 2 scores but there is aggressive and then theres reckless. It completely swung the momentum of the game. D had been holding up but with a short field and then Dede fumbling we had a 14pt swing and find ourselves suddenly down.

I wasn't a fan of going for it.  I appreciate being aggressive, but at that point in the game at that spot on the field just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Then again, we suck so why not?
(10-26-2020, 05:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2020, 02:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Now this place is becoming ever more empty but this for me was the most baffling decision of yesterday.

I wasn't a fan of going for it.  I appreciate being aggressive, but at that point in the game at that spot on the field just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Then again, we suck so why not?

I'm just lost what we are actually doing this year. 2 bad playcalls on 4th and short yesterday, the 4th and 1 direct snap to Robinson, going for 2 against the Bengals, not having the same kicker for more than a week, I mean come on. What would it look like if we were trying to lose.

For 3 years weve hit midseason and wanted to tank. I'm so tired of it. Feels almost wrong to want to see the team compete. And I cant see how rattling off 15 straight L's does anything to help anyone. Everything is so damn broken with this franchise.
Yeah broken is a truly sad way to categorize it. look at the game day threads. team just doesn't have any buzz. Robinson is one heck of a story but jeez the team is just so bad.
(10-26-2020, 11:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2020, 05:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't a fan of going for it.  I appreciate being aggressive, but at that point in the game at that spot on the field just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Then again, we suck so why not?

I'm just lost what we are actually doing this year. 2 bad playcalls on 4th and short yesterday, the 4th and 1 direct snap to Robinson, going for 2 against the Bengals, not having the same kicker for more than a week, I mean come on. What would it look like if we were trying to lose.

For 3 years weve hit midseason and wanted to tank. I'm so tired of it. Feels almost wrong to want to see the team compete. And I cant see how rattling off 15 straight L's does anything to help anyone. Everything is so damn broken with this franchise.

Its been a really bad last few years for sure. I'm in a very competitive fantasy keeper league for some big buxs and the history of the Jags kept me from picking up Robinson and now i regret it. It's just so hard to put any kind of faith in them anymore. They give you a small glimmer of hope then let you down everytime.