Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 37-83 is Caldwell's Record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That is our record since Dave Caldwell took over as GM in 2013.  Does anyone want him to stay here after this season and why?
Think it's safe to say like 99% of this board is in agreement that they've got to go.
Fire everyone! there are still people who believe in DC and Gruden.

I'd only keep McCardell if possible, everyone else bye bye
It takes a GM about 10 years to get enough experience to be any good, and for 3 years Tom Coughlin was really in charge so Dave really only has about 5 years under his belt. So starting in 2026 is when we can really start to judge Dave Caldwell. If he doesn't produce a good product on the field by 2031, then Khan might have to do something.

Patience and continuity are the key.
(10-27-2020, 10:38 PM)Knavyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a GM about 10 years to get enough experience to be any good, and for 3 years Tom Coughlin was really in charge so Dave really only has about 5 years under his belt.  So starting in 2026 is when we can really start to judge Dave Caldwell.  If he doesn't produce a good product on the field by 2031, then Khan might have to do something.  

Patience and continuity are the key.

KHAN!!!!!!!
Oh wow, this thread again.
By 2031, they're no longer our problem. They're London's problem
[BLEEP] Parity !!! Dare to be different !!!
I had no idea that Dave Caldwell's record as Jaguars GM is only 3 1 /2 games better than Matt Millen's record as Lions GM ( 31-84 ) . It"s more than understandable that most Jaguars fans don't trust Caldwell with the team rebuild.
(10-28-2020, 03:11 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]By 2031, they're no longer our problem. They're London's problem

And people don't want to come to sunny, no state tax Florida to play for us now..... Just wait....
Khan showed remarkable restraint, loyalty, and some would say stupidity by keeping Caldwell this last off season. I have no doubt there will be a new GM just after the season ends, in time to likely hire a new head coach also.
(10-30-2020, 08:42 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]Khan showed remarkable restraint, loyalty, and some would say stupidity by keeping Caldwell this last off season.  I have no doubt there will be a new GM just after the season ends, in time to likely hire a new head coach also.

Yes.  Complete house cleaning coming in Jacksonville... much like Atlanta.