Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My perfect ending to the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
January 3rd, 2021

The Jaguars (1-14) visit the Colts (9-6) in a regular season finale that should guarantee a postseason visit for Indianapolis.  The Colts, having won their last four games including a squeaker over the Steelers in overtime, are competing with the Browns (8-7) for that seventh and final playoff spot.  All twenty-three of Phillip Rivers' children are present to witness a matchup the heavily-favored Colts have been salivating for since the week 1 embarrassment in Jacksonville.

At halftime, the Jaguars are losing 27-9.  At a loss for answers, Coach Marrone pulls a trick out of the Del Rio playbook and shatters a glass in the locker room.  Apparently it does the job as the Jags, thanks to an unusually invigorated performance in the second half, end up picking off Rivers three times and recover a special teams fumble en route to a 31-30 victory.  Several Jags players attempt to carry Doug off the field on their shoulders, but they lose their collective grip and he falls to the ground absorbing a severe ankle sprain.

Meanwhile, the Browns play their best game of the season and beat the Steelers,  improving to 9-7 and giving them the final wildcard spot by virtue of their tiebreaking 32-23 head-to-head victory over the Colts in week five.

That afternoon through well past midnight, dejected Colts fans decide to take out their rage on the city and the national guard is called in to assist in quelling the unrest in Indianapolis.

"The Sweep"  forever becomes ingrained as a cherished memory for longsuffering Jaguars fans.

The next day (Black Monday) news hits that David Caldwell, Douglas Marrone, Todd Wash and the entire Jaguars management team have been fired by owner Shad Khan.
And we lose out on Trevor Lawrence and select a bust QB and have another Decade of Disaster.

Let's just lose to the Colts and take Trevor and win 4 super bowls.
My perfect ending would be the playoff hungry Colts beat the snot out of the Jags. Also, Belichick realizing he is out of the playoffs rolls over in front of the Jets to screw them out of Trevor Lawrence.

The Jags then jump the Jets in terms of SOS and we finally get a franchise QB.
(10-28-2020, 07:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]And we lose out on Trevor Lawrence and select a bust QB and have another Decade of Disaster.

Let's just lose to the Colts and take Trevor and win 4 super bowls.

No,
the perfect ending is that after three miserable months following the shock victory it's draft night and suddenly we hear Roger Goddell tell us the Jets select Penai Sewell. 

Then it's No 2 Jaguars turn...and I wonder who they'll take?

But the Jags think it's time to move on from Taven and select a DT.
(10-28-2020, 07:28 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: [ -> ]My perfect ending would be the playoff hungry Colts beat the snot out of the Jags. Also, Belichick realizing he is out of the playoffs rolls over in front of the Jets to screw them out of Trevor Lawrence.

Would Dave be making the pick and Doug be coaching him?  If so, it won’t matter.  We’ve become the graveyard of promising NFL careers.  Besides that, we’re much more than just a quarterback away from being “fixed” if we’re being honest.
(10-28-2020, 07:28 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: [ -> ]My perfect ending would be the playoff hungry Colts beat the snot out of the Jags. Also, Belichick realizing he is out of the playoffs rolls over in front of the Jets to screw them out of Trevor Lawrence.

Interesting post. I can see belichick doing just that. BUT finish the story. He does it as Kraft and Shad he cut a backroom deal with the Jags to get them to trade Trevor to the Pats. This is done ONLY because Trevor's dad has quietly let everyone know his son will return to Clemson for his senior year if he gets drafted by a team he doesn't want to play for. We get Cam in return plus a bunch of stuff.

Get real people, Trevor is not coming here. His whole life his dad and him have negotiated where he plays. He is sought after enough to do this and why the heck will he stop now? The kid dominated in his chosen high school and college careers. He will not come to a situation like we have here or in NY. I don't care if you fire everyone. Would you if you were him and had the choice?
My perfect ending would be to win out and go 10-6 and make a playoff spot. Then win out in the playoffs for our first SB, thats a perfect ending
(10-28-2020, 12:35 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]

Interesting post. I can see belichick doing just that. BUT finish the story. He does it as Kraft and Shad he cut a backroom deal with the Jags to get them to trade Trevor to the Pats. This is done ONLY because Trevor's dad has quietly let everyone know his son will return to Clemson for his senior year if he gets drafted by a team he doesn't want to play for. We get Cam in return plus a bunch of stuff.

Get real people, Trevor is not coming here. His whole life his dad and him have negotiated where he plays. He is sought after enough to do this and why the heck will he stop now? The kid dominated in his chosen high school and college careers. He will not come to a situation like we have here or in NY. I don't care if you fire everyone. Would you if you were him and had the choice?

The thing is... what are his options? Sure... he can go back for his senior year and risk an injury.  But then what?  He's likely going #1 in 2022 again to another bad team with the #1 pick.  The longer he waits for the right situation, the less leverage he will have.  He might actually want to be in Jacksonville.  Its close to home for him and he gets to stay in the South.  We have been historically bad and he has the chance to be anointed as a savior here.  No pressure to win right away.  Lots of cap space and draft picks in his class to immediately add talent around him.  Beaches, weather, no state income tax.  We are assuming he doesn't want to be here because of our leadership... but that will change immediately after the season.  

Call me crazy, but I actually see Jacksonville as an extremely attractive team for a GM, Head Coach, and Franchise QB in 2021; as a place ready to be built into a Champion with a TON of resources (Draft picks, Cap space, and a rich owner).  As a Southern kid, I would think Lawrence would rather be here than with the Jets.
(10-28-2020, 12:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]My perfect ending would be to win out and go 10-6 and make a playoff spot.  Then win out in the playoffs for our first SB, thats a perfect ending

I think you watched "Pretty Woman" one too many times.
I think Gruden will be HC at the end.

I’d like to see Luton play as much as he can. We suck, but no one sucks as much as the Jets. I really am intrigued by Trey Lance. I’d take Fields if he’s on the board.
(10-28-2020, 01:47 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2020, 12:35 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting post. I can see belichick doing just that. BUT finish the story. He does it as Kraft and Shad he cut a backroom deal with the Jags to get them to trade Trevor to the Pats. This is done ONLY because Trevor's dad has quietly let everyone know his son will return to Clemson for his senior year if he gets drafted by a team he doesn't want to play for. We get Cam in return plus a bunch of stuff.

The thing is... what are his options? Sure... he can go back for his senior year and risk an injury.  But then what?  He's likely going #1 in 2022 again to another bad team with the #1 pick.  The longer he waits for the right situation, the less leverage he will have.  He might actually want to be in Jacksonville.  Its close to home for him and he gets to stay in the South.  We have been historically bad and he has the chance to be anointed as a savior here.  No pressure to win right away.  Lots of cap space and draft picks in his class to immediately add talent around him.  Beaches, weather, no state income tax.  We are assuming he doesn't want to be here because of our leadership... but that will change immediately after the season.  

Call me crazy, but I actually see Jacksonville as an extremely attractive team for a GM, Head Coach, and Franchise QB in 2021; as a place ready to be built into a Champion with a TON of resources (Draft picks, Cap space, and a rich owner).  As a Southern kid, I would think Lawrence would rather be here than with the Jets.

I do hope you are correct....am sure I am not alone in thinking that.
My perfect ending to the season would be that we lose every game from here on out. Pray the Jets somehow win 1-2 games. We need a top 3 pick for sure (if we wanna include Sewell). But a top 2 pick guarantees us Lawrence/Fields.

Why in the Hell would we want Cam Newton??!!??
He puts more effort into his post-game outfit than he does in practice or pregame warm-up....the guy is a clown.
It's sad, but the season is really already over for the Jags. Only thing to play for now is experience for the rookies and draft position.

Telling when you're already looking forward to the draft in October.

Thanks Khan for destroying the Jaguars.

Leave the drugs.

One of the worse posts I've seen here.
My perfect ending is to still have a good liver, so here's hoping.
(10-28-2020, 12:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]My perfect ending would be to win out and go 10-6 and make a playoff spot.  Then win out in the playoffs for our first SB, thats a perfect ending

If this happens, I will literally streak naked  across the field for next years home opener. No way
(10-28-2020, 10:46 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2020, 12:35 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting post. I can see belichick doing just that. BUT finish the story. He does it as Kraft and Shad he cut a backroom deal with the Jags to get them to trade Trevor to the Pats. This is done ONLY because Trevor's dad has quietly let everyone know his son will return to Clemson for his senior year if he gets drafted by a team he doesn't want to play for. We get Cam in return plus a bunch of stuff.

Leave the drugs.

One of the worse posts I've seen here.

Cool that's what I was going for...LOL
So, can we knock Indy out of the playoffs with a win next week?