Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Jags get Gilmore and Q. Williams...They're back in the game!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If this team really tried to make moves they wouldn't be so trash.

With Williams on the interior line alongside Hamilton, and Gilmore in the secondary, the defense would turn around instantly. Josh Allen would be able to better rush the passer and Chaisson could develop quicker.

Our secondary would be able to double cover one wr with Gilmore on the otherwise. I hear the Patriots only want a 2nd rounder...for a corner who rated higher than Ramsey.
But you would still have Todd Wash...so...nope
I'd love to have Gilmore, but it's not gonna happen. We're gonna be sellers, not buyers this trade period. I'm thinking D.J. Hayden might get moved.
If we had a franchise QB sure. We don’t, so we’d end up just trading them next season for picks. Would make no sense.
(10-28-2020, 09:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to have Gilmore, but it's not gonna happen. We're gonna be sellers, not buyers this trade period. I'm thinking D.J. Hayden might get moved.

He's on IR.

The tank is on, the Jags aren't going to trade away draft capital when the season is already lost.
(10-28-2020, 10:07 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2020, 09:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to have Gilmore, but it's not gonna happen. We're gonna be sellers, not buyers this trade period. I'm thinking D.J. Hayden might get moved.

He's on IR.

The tank is on, the Jags aren't going to trade away draft capital when the season is already lost.

We could still trade him. It's a hammy, it's not like he has a torn ACL.
(10-28-2020, 10:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2020, 10:07 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]He's on IR.

We could still trade him. It's a hammy, it's not like he has a torn ACL.

He has no trade value.  He's hurt, older, large contract and not very good. Not even a starter, just a nickel back. 

He'll be cut by the Jaguars this offseason.
Gilmore is 30 and has not been good this season. The Pats typically trade guys when they know they're all but done. How often do you see the teams trading with the Pats, come out as the winners? Rarely ever. Big no thanks.

Williams would be a nice get, but he isn't going to win us any games.
I wanted Gilmore out of South Carolina. Not when he’s already been used up by Buffalo and Patriots.
(10-28-2020, 09:45 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]If this team really tried to make moves they wouldn't be so trash.

With Williams on the interior line alongside Hamilton, and Gilmore in the secondary, the defense would turn around instantly. Josh Allen would be able to better rush the passer and Chaisson could develop quicker.

Our secondary would be able to double cover one wr with Gilmore on the otherwise. I hear the Patriots only want a 2nd rounder...for a corner who rated higher than Ramsey.

CJ Henderson will be the new Gilmore once he gets his bearings.
I agree OP. Jaguars need to make moves to turn this ship around cus the Jets are getting the #1 overall pick for t lawerence.
Caldwell isn't getting fired, if he thought he was then he'd be making moves right now.
(10-29-2020, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Caldwell isn't getting fired, if he thought he was then he'd be making moves right now.

He's getting fired.  Khan has put the handcuffs on him now to prevent him from doing anything desperate that will hurt in the long-term.
Jags are not buying. Also, I believe those that are on the block at this time of year are for a reason. Why would I have this opinion? Two telling remarks by the Jags.
1. "We have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to keep revenue in the building"
2 "They will just have to figure out how to win" by Kahn...

I took it to mean with the players they had....
(10-29-2020, 10:48 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2020, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Caldwell isn't getting fired, if he thought he was then he'd be making moves right now.

He's getting fired.  Khan has put the handcuffs on him now to prevent him from doing anything desperate that will hurt in the long-term.

Lol, you think Khan even knows what's going on? Ok.
(10-29-2020, 12:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2020, 10:48 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]He's getting fired.  Khan has put the handcuffs on him now to prevent him from doing anything desperate that will hurt in the long-term.

Lol, you think Khan even knows what's going on? Ok.

Yup.  I am confident the whole thing is getting blown up.  All the signs are there.  But the great thing is, we will find out in 2 months.
Do not trade away draft capital to get better in the middle of a 1-6 season. If Caldwell tries to do this Khan should step in and fire him right away.
The Jags have 2 thing going for them in the future. First a lot of draft capital. Many teams covet these and will work between now and the draft with the purpose of "how can we get those picks" , what can we sell them (read unload on them) to get them. I say ignore those teams. The picks are the future, I would rather they be our future not theirs. Second, we will have a ton of cap room and that money will attract every agent in the world. I just pray the people in charge use these resources aquired at the expense of fan frustration are used wisely.
I'm still convinced Dave Caldwell didn't realize there were 2 Q. Williams in the same draft; thought we got a real bargain in the 3rd round.  Kind of like getting FB Derek Watt.
(10-29-2020, 03:33 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]The Jags have 2 thing going for them in the future. First a lot of draft capital. Many teams covet these and will work between now and the draft with the purpose of "how can we get those picks" , what can we sell them (read unload on them)  to get them. I say ignore those teams. The picks are the future, I would rather they be our future not theirs. Second, we will have a ton of cap room and that money will attract every agent in the world. I just pray the people in charge use these resources aquired at the expense of fan frustration are used wisely.

Agreed.  I think our roster is so bad right now and we have so many needs, that we have to keep all our draft picks and try to hit on as many of them as possible.  Our new GM will also need to be judicious with how he spends all our cap space money.  We don't have to blow it all next season.  We will likely have a high draft pick rookie QB next year, or Minshew, or a another one year stop gap QB for a year.  In other words, we are probably at least 2 years away from being a winning team with where we are now.  No need to go crazy with a bunch of free agents in 2021 unless we get some premium players for longer term deals.  This roster is brutal right now, but if its done intelligently, you could see enough talent get accumulated by 2022 to start being competitive. Then if we hit on a QB and some draft picks... the sky could be the limit after that.
Pages: 1 2