Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Minshew will be inactive for Week 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gardner Minshew II suffered a thumb injury and will not play in Week 9's matchup against the Texans. (Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Start Luton!
(11-01-2020, 01:14 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Gardner Minshew II suffered a thumb injury and will not play in Week 9's matchup against the Texans. (Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

And Minshew is benched...

So who's next under the bus?
(11-01-2020, 01:32 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Start Luton!

I agree.  We know what Glennon is... let's see what we've got with the kid.
If they start Glennon...
(11-01-2020, 01:38 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2020, 01:32 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Start Luton!

I agree.  We know what Glennon is... let's see what we've got with the kid.

What we might get is run out of the race for Lawrence and Fields. With Glennon we're in good shape for one of em.
I say start Glennon. Guaranteed loss
I hope Gardner hand heals up well and when he comes back there will be a much better difference with his accuracy.

I wonder who the team will start. Starting Jake would be more interesting. It could end up being a more exciting game if Jake plays.
I want to see Luton play. If he goes lights out, we can pull him for Glennon.  Big Grin
Great, bring Glennon in and he lays an egg, and people are begging for Minshew mediocrity to come back.
(11-01-2020, 01:34 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2020, 01:14 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Gardner Minshew II suffered a thumb injury and will not play in Week 9's matchup against the Texans. (Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

He wasn't benched... He's injured.. Brees had a similar injury last year and missed 5 games due to it.
(11-01-2020, 01:34 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]

Since when is injured, benched?
(11-02-2020, 10:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2020, 01:34 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]And Minshew is benched...

Duh, he's not really injured. It's all a ruse to bench him without the media circus of BENCHING him. OBVIOUSLY.
Throw Glennon in so we can lose for sure
(11-01-2020, 06:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

He wasn't benched... He's injured.. Brees had a similar injury last year and missed 5 games due to it.

(11-02-2020, 10:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]

I just dont trust one word from this F.O anymore. Lets run this out. Minshew gets injured in some game and doesnt tell anyone. No one notices, plays games without a word. Marrone says hes open to changes, Rappoprt tweeting Minshew could be benched then low and behold we send him for a scan and hes injured. I'm just waiting for whoever gets the start to have shown enough 'flashes' that we will give them a go. Plus now with the QB, covid, this roster, shucks poor old Marrone never stood a shot...

Or Minshew walks back in as starter. Time will tell.
A reporter just asked Marrone in his press conference today if Minshew would be punished in some sense for not reporting the injury, Marrone stated he wouldn't. Just passing notes along from the press conference as I listen to it.
Honestly just a very odd situation. Nobody believes the F.O at all. There is no way you watch him in practice and DON'T know he has an injury. Just a bunch of nonsense tbh.
(11-02-2020, 03:18 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]A reporter just asked Marrone in his press conference today if Minshew would be punished in some sense for not reporting the injury, Marrone stated he wouldn't. Just passing notes along from the press conference as I listen to it.

(11-02-2020, 03:21 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly just a very odd situation. Nobody believes the F.O at all. There is no way you watch him in practice and DON'T know he has an injury. Just a bunch of nonsense tbh.

They have to say that. Either he didn't report it or they didn't report it. The team gets in more trouble if they don't report it. I can't believe a player would not report and get treatment for an injury.
(11-02-2020, 04:36 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2020, 03:18 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]A reporter just asked Marrone in his press conference today if Minshew would be punished in some sense for not reporting the injury, Marrone stated he wouldn't. Just passing notes along from the press conference as I listen to it.

(11-02-2020, 03:21 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly just a very odd situation. Nobody believes the F.O at all. There is no way you watch him in practice and DON'T know he has an injury. Just a bunch of nonsense tbh.

They have to say that. Either he didn't report it or they didn't report it. The team gets in more trouble if they don't report it. I can't believe a player would not report and get treatment for an injury.

It could be that it was hurt but Minshew chalked it up to the wear and tear of the game. He's a competitor and probably didn't want to miss time so it was nothing to him. He played two games with it and with a BYE coming up finally decided to say something with it not getting better.
(11-02-2020, 04:36 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't say anything if you want to be sure they don't bury you on IR, especially if you have incentives tied to stats, starts, games played, things like that. Guys play hurt more than they play healthy.

Remember Torry Holt's comment about mentoring? Same goes for injury. No guy is going to take himself out of the game, lest he lose his spot.
Pages: 1 2