Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Malik Jackson Laughs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yesterday (or the day before) on Jaguars today Malik Jackson was asked if he started in the 2nd half of the Chargers game. He responds saying no and then they ask why, and then he says because they asked me to sit because they want everyone to be fresh and whatnot I guess as he laughs. This isn't exactly what he says I am paraphrasing but that is the gist of it.

Now, I am coming into this week concerned of course as many of you are but I still have some optimism that we will pull something out and make a playoff run or at least have a decent record not a 4-12 record. But having our own players laughing at the coaching staff decisions really just proves that we shouldn't really have any optimism about this week. Our own players don't respect the coaching staff enough and that the coaching staff lost the locker room.

I know I am just throwing more wood in the fire by posting this but I just cannot believe how much of a joke our team is becoming and if we do not turn this around soon we might as well all go for other teams because we will be the as bad as the Cleveland Browns for years to come.

I believe Malik might be here on vacation. Have not been impressed at all with his presence on the field yet. I heard the interview and later he commented on how much he liked Gus and just wants to be able to give and do more for the team. Well Malik, the fans want that as well.

Quote:I believe Malik might be here on vacation. Have not been impressed at all with his presence on the field yet. I heard the interview and later he commented on how much he liked Gus and just wants to be able to give and do more for the team. Well Malik, the fans want that as well.

He probably wants to keep Gus there. He's scared that if another coach comes he will actually have to work for his money..

Quote:He probably wants to keep Gus there. He's scared that if another coach comes he will actually have to work for his money..
Like I said. Show me why you got that huge money then you might have some room to down the coach. He is playing the same position he did in Denver and not doing it very well. San Diego ran his big butt over.
Malik will play well this week.
Quote:Malik will play well this week.
I sure hope so. We got a football game to win.
In denver her had Von Miller...
He's been getting good push in the middle idk I think he's playing good.
Quote:In denver her had Von Miller...

And D Ware.. and Wolfe.. 
This is why you need to build through the draft. I know you are forced to spend money in FA and sometimes it isn't much of a choice, but counting on your FA's making your team better typically fails 90% of the time.

They had a bit on a show the other night that he was out in the town asking folks about if they knew who Malik Jackson was and one dude is like yeah I know who he is and he needs to start earning that money he got. Went on to say he is not getting sacks, penetration, all the while talking to Malik. It was funny as hell. Malik getting dogged and the dude not having a clue he was talking to Malik.

Less TV bits and more game study might do him some good.

Quote:This is why you need to build through the draft. I know you are forced to spend money in FA and sometimes it isn't much of a choice, but counting on your FA's making your team better typically fails 90% of the time.

Pretty much. Although I think Malik has played well so far. That contract made some of our fans expect JJ Watt, which is understandable. Malik is effecting the offense, but not on a JJ Watt level.
Jackson has played pretty well. He can't disrupt if he's on the sideline.

He should never come off the field. He should be next to Miller in obvious running situations and next to Marks in obvious passing situations.

Yannick and Dante should be outside always.

This whole rotate to keep them fresh thing is silly. You can do that when you have multiple star pass rushers, like the Giants of a few years ago. But most teams aren't talented so deep that you can rotate so much.

Keep a guy fresh, right after half??? 

I can't defend these guys anymore. It seems our coaches are concentrating on all the wrong things.

We don't need competition, we need production.

We don't need guys fresh, we need them in rhythm. 
Quote:Pretty much. Although I think Malik has played well so far. That contract made some of our fans expect JJ Watt, which is understandable. Malik is effecting the offense, but not on a JJ Watt level.

Well, people are expecting sacks, and DT's don't do a lot of pretty things. .The problem is, even if he is being disruptive in the middle, the DE's aren't finishing it off.
The dude is laughing all the way to the bank. He goes and deposits his multi million dollar game check and then heads over to the locker room aka "The Gussy Country Club and Resort" for some ping pong and sundaes.

The man is living the good life, I'd be laughing too.
Quote:The dude is laughing all the way to the bank. He goes and deposits his multi million dollar game check and then heads over to the locker room aka "The Gussy Country Club and Resort" for some ping pong and sundaes.

The man is living the good life, I'd be laughing too.

No way. He never sees the inside of a bank. It's all electronic. 
What game are you guys watching?!  Malik has been causing pressure up the middle consistently.  That's his job.

He's not a double digit sack guy.  He never has been.  He should never have been expected to be.  That's not his role.

He's a disruptive force in the middle who causes interior pressure on the QB and will get the occasional sack.

Not only is he playing well here, his absence has  been noticeable in Denver.

At this point, he's probably laughing because he knows the coaching staff is on their way out the door in about a week and a half.

I do not think he is playing that bad. Honestly, I think he is playing pretty well. 90Mill worth? No.. But pretty well nevertheless. I made this more to the fact that he thinks the coaching staff is a joke.

Quote:What game are you guys watching?!  Malik has been causing pressure up the middle consistently.  That's his job.

He's not a double digit sack guy.  He never has been.  He should never have been expected to be.  That's not his role.

He's a disruptive force in the middle who causes interior pressure on the QB and will get the occasional sack.

Not only is he playing well here, his absence has  been noticeable in Denver.

At this point, he's probably laughing because he knows the coaching staff is on their way out the door in about a week and a half.

He had five pressures in the SD game alone... not sure what more people are expecting. He's been pretty disruptive and qbs haven't had much room to step up in the pocket. They generally have had to roll to the sides
Quote:He had five pressures in the SD game alone... not sure what more people are expecting. He's been pretty disruptive and qbs haven't had much room to step up in the pocket. They generally have had to roll to the sides
Nope... flamers gotta flame.

As soon as the team starts doing bad we get the same posts every season.

"X Free agent, paid too much, DC fails again"

"Bortles is a bust"

"Whats wrong with Robinson"

"fire everyone"

Took 2 games this season. I'm setting the over under at 1.5 for next season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4