Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Aaron Rodgers vs Jaguars Defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Classic Matchup -- still not sure why this was not scheduled for Monday Night Football.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers fake a positive Covid-19 test to get out of this game.  Anyone remember that 9-0 Jaguars win over the Steelers on Sunday Night Football?  Look for a repeat of that this weekend.

Go Jags !!!
This gonna be shootout in a loss but Luton throws for 400 yards and 4 tds.
This is the game Jordan Love will get some garbage time stats in.
Luton starting this game as well? I thought Minshew was going to comeback maybe this upcoming week or the week after
This will be the first Jaguars game in about 6-7 years that I won't be watching since I'll be away from a tv.
So it'll make sense for the Jaguars to finally win this one.
Jags 13.5 point underdogs. Lol... gonna be child's play for Aaron Rodgers.
I don't care what the final score is. Even if we lose by 50, (which is possible,) I'm just looking at this game to evaluate Luton. The Packers are gonna be a much tougher test than Houston.
(11-10-2020, 01:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care what the final score is. Even if we lose by 50, (which is possible,) I'm just looking at this game to evaluate Luton. The Packers are gonna be a much tougher test than Houston.

Will you be able to evaluate much if the Pack is in Prevent for an entire half?
(11-10-2020, 09:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2020, 01:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care what the final score is. Even if we lose by 50, (which is possible,) I'm just looking at this game to evaluate Luton. The Packers are gonna be a much tougher test than Houston.

Will you be able to evaluate much if the Pack is in Prevent for an entire half game?

More like it...
(11-10-2020, 09:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

Will you be able to evaluate much if the Pack is in Prevent for an entire half?

I'd love that. The Packers already have a very suspect run defense and I just traded for James Robinson in my fantasy football league. If they go prevent defense, Robinson is gonna shred them. I see no way that they play that much prevent, even if they get a big lead early on. If they do though, look for Luton to utilize a lot of screen passes. I'll be looking looking for how quickly he gets rid of the ball, how accurate his short range passes are and how much touch he puts on his finesse passes.
(11-10-2020, 10:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2020, 09:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Will you be able to evaluate much if the Pack is in Prevent for an entire half?

I'd love that. The Packers already have a very suspect run defense and I just traded for James Robinson in my fantasy football league. If they go prevent defense, Robinson is gonna shred them. I see no way that they play that much prevent, even if they get a big lead early on. If they do though, look for Luton to utilize a lot of screen passes. I'll be looking looking for how quickly he gets rid of the ball, how accurate his short range passes are and how much touch he puts on his finesse passes.

Lol, you think they'll run the ball after they go down 24 in the 1st quarter?
Gonna be another embarrassing and miserable experience as a jags fan. Thanks Shad.
(11-10-2020, 10:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2020, 10:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love that. The Packers already have a very suspect run defense and I just traded for James Robinson in my fantasy football league. If they go prevent defense, Robinson is gonna shred them. I see no way that they play that much prevent, even if they get a big lead early on. If they do though, look for Luton to utilize a lot of screen passes. I'll be looking looking for how quickly he gets rid of the ball, how accurate his short range passes are and how much touch he puts on his finesse passes.

Lol, you think they'll run the ball after they go down 24 in the 1st quarter?

I would. If they are in prevent, they're gonna be playing off the line and you can get big chunks of yardage on the ground and via quick, short passes and screens. If they are up by 24 in the 1st quarter, you take what you are given. You have 3 full quarters left, so you don't have to rush things by throwing deep into tight coverage. You might as well take what is open and eat up the clock to keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands.
Id love to see Marcedes Lewis catch a TD.

I picked up the Packers defense in fantasy for one of my teams... just on a whim.
Between my two fantasy leagues I have Rodgers, JRob, Chark in one and Jones, Adams, JRob, and Chark in another.

Going to be lots of points coming my way.
(11-09-2020, 11:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Classic Matchup -- still not sure why this was not scheduled for Monday Night Football.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers fake a positive Covid-19 test to get out of this game.  Anyone remember that 9-0 Jaguars win over the Steelers on Sunday Night Football?  Look for a repeat of that this weekend.

Go Jags !!!

Oddly enough, I kind of thought the same thing. Packers seem to play down to their opponents, and there's still not a whole lot of tape on Luton, so who knows? It might be closer than many people think.
Dudes, I think CJ Henderson will come back strong and shut down Devante Adams after people calling him mentally soft when he got all down when he got beat for big plays. All you gotta do is shut down Adams and you got a chance. Their other receivers are a bunch of scrubs. Myles Jack Jack and Schobert will contain Aaron Jones.
When we are at our low they always seem to find away to erode more. Could be a win on any given Sunday.
Yeah.... i really cant see Jags pulling a miracle on this one. I am reading through the responses and feel like the upset could be a shocker but i dont think it's this one.
Pages: 1 2