Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Doug Costin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dude started over Bryan, had 4 pressures in the game.  Taven has 7 on the year.  Might be another undrafted diamond in the rough.  Gonna really keep an eye on him against the Packers.
Taven Bryan was such a bad pick.
I feel like our franchise has to always pick a Gator every year. ugh. It never works.
(11-09-2020, 06:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Dude started over Bryan, had 4 pressures in the game.  Taven has 7 on the year.  Might be another undrafted diamond in the rough.  Gonna really keep an eye on him against the Packers.

I'm a fan of Costin. He's from my alma mater, Miami (OH). They moved him around a lot in college, playing DE and DT.

(11-09-2020, 09:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Taven Bryan was such a bad pick.

I nearly destroyed my house when he was selected. Definitely one of the top 3 worst first round picks by the Jags.

(11-09-2020, 09:15 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like our franchise has to always pick a Gator every year. ugh. It never works.

I won't say never, but it rarely works out.
(11-10-2020, 01:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a fan of Costin. He's from my alma mater, Miami (OH). They moved him around a lot in college, playing DE and DT.

You know, I always knew there was something off about you....Go Bobcats!

Smile
(11-10-2020, 01:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2020, 06:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Dude started over Bryan, had 4 pressures in the game.  Taven has 7 on the year.  Might be another undrafted diamond in the rough.  Gonna really keep an eye on him against the Packers.

I'm a fan of Costin. He's from my alma mater, Miami (OH). They moved him around a lot in college, playing DE and DT.

(11-09-2020, 09:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Taven Bryan was such a bad pick.

I nearly destroyed my house when he was selected. Definitely one of the top 3 worst first round picks by the Jags.

(11-09-2020, 09:15 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like our franchise has to always pick a Gator every year. ugh. It never works.

With Goeddert & Lamar Jackson staring us in the face we took a DT when we already had 2 all pros & abry jones at the spot. trying to get cute for future cap planning backfired badly.
(11-10-2020, 09:37 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2020, 01:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a fan of Costin. He's from my alma mater, Miami (OH). They moved him around a lot in college, playing DE and DT.

With Goeddert & Lamar Jackson staring us in the face we took a DT when we already had 2 all pros & abry jones at the spot. trying to get cute for future cap planning backfired badly.

I can't remember what game it was, (as all these games run concurrent) but Taven could not find the ball carrier.  That game was the day I threw in the towel on him.
(11-11-2020, 03:49 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2020, 09:37 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]With Goeddert & Lamar Jackson staring us in the face we took a DT when we already had 2 all pros & abry jones at the spot. trying to get cute for future cap planning backfired badly.

I can't remember what game it was, (as all these games run concurrent) but Taven could not find the ball carrier.  That game was the day I threw in the towel on him.

It's happened a few times, but for some reason the Cowboys last year pops into my head with dak just fooling him on a keeper
(11-10-2020, 09:37 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]

Not that those two aren't better players or anything but they aren't quite having the same level of success this season that we all assumed they would.

Kyle Pitts might be the exception to that if we can get him with our 2nd #1. Seems to miss a lot of time nicked up tho.
Costin had his best game on Sunday, but left the game with an injury.
Does anyone have any info about his injury?
Looks like a concussion and he will be out on Sunday.
(11-12-2020, 03:29 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]

Kyle Pitts might be the exception to that if we can get him with our 2nd #1. Seems to miss a lot of time nicked up tho.

Pitts is going to be a stud.
Nice fumble recovery for Costin today. The guy continues to improve.
(11-10-2020, 09:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

You know, I always knew there was something off about you....Go Bobcats!

Smile

You know my take on this.  ?
(12-14-2020, 03:25 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2020, 09:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]You know, I always knew there was something off about you....Go Bobcats!

Smile

You know my take on this.  ?

....that second to Jaxson DeVille, Rufus is the best mascot in sports?

Big Grin
"Jaguars' Doug Costin Cracks PFF's Top-10 Rookies Through Week 14 | Sports Illustrated Jacksonville Jaguars News, Analysis and More" https://www-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/...gh-week-14
His Mopar SUV sounds good too