Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Daboll & T-Law
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondered what ur thoughts would be if Shad fired our current hc and hired Bills current OC Brian Daboll and then selected a Josh Allen-esque Qb in Trevor Lawrence. Yes, we need to bolster our line. We need a lot, I’d love all this and one mr Patrick Surtain from the tide but u can’t have it all. So, thoughts? Pipe dream, lame dream or who cares?
Wouldn't hate it
Look at my sig
I wouldn’t mind it.

But if I’m being honest, I thought the title was a play on words for Dabo lol. Thought it was some new nick name I haven’t heard yet.

Little bit of a let down.
I wouldn't mind it at all. After what we've had for the last decade, I'm just ready for any kind of change.
(12-07-2020, 10:46 PM)TheeKB Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondered what ur thoughts would be if Shad fired our current hc and hired Bills current OC Brian Daboll and then selected a Josh Allen-esque Qb in Trevor Lawrence. Yes, we need to bolster our line. We need a lot, I’d love all this and one mr Patrick Surtain from the tide but u can’t have it all. So, thoughts? Pipe dream, lame dream or who cares?

I was kind of wondering if Zach Wilson was a better comparison than Lawrence. I've all but discounted any chance we see him in teal in the next 5 years.

At this point, my only opinion is that I want something to cheer for.
They were saying Daboll was a Buffalo guy through and through, last night during the game. Said his whole family and life has been there. The jets may offer him something and that’s close to home. Bieniemy would be just as great if not greater. I haven’t been overwhelmed by Trevor but there’s a LOT to build on with coaches like that coaching him or someone of that caliber up. I agree with all of u though, anything to cheer for would be great. Was watching Major League with my 4 year old boy the other night and it made me wonder if shad was up to shenanigans that we hadn’t thought of yet, there’s already a team in Miami so I guess Puerto Rico needs a team.... LOL hell maybe Orlando’s in the market and we have no idea ?‍♂️ GO JAGS
Wouldn't mind it, but I am a little wary going after guys with great QBs -Daboll/Allen and Mahomes/Bieniemy. Just seems a little too coincidental to me they are top candidates with ELITE QB's (can they do it without?), which is why I rather go after a guy like Pederson who has proved he has a great offense but he is stuck with Carson trashcan Wentz.

Bottom line though, anything is better than the Bologna.
(12-08-2020, 02:26 PM)TheeKB Wrote: [ -> ]They were saying Daboll was a Buffalo guy through and through, last night during the game. Said his whole family and life has been there. The jets may offer him something and that’s close to home. Bieniemy would be just as great if not greater. I haven’t been overwhelmed by Trevor but there’s a LOT to build on with coaches like that coaching him or someone of that caliber up. I agree with all of u though, anything to cheer for would be great. Was watching Major League with my 4 year old boy the other night and it made me wonder if shad was up to shenanigans that we hadn’t thought of yet, there’s already a team in Miami so I guess Puerto Rico needs a team.... LOL hell maybe Orlando’s in the market and we have no idea ?‍♂️  GO JAGS

Orlando? I would think it too close to Tampa and Disney/Universal is a driving force there. Why would he want to be in that pond? In Jacksonville he is the big fish.
(12-08-2020, 02:57 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't mind it, but I am a little wary going after guys with great QBs -Daboll/Allen and Mahomes/Bieniemy. Just seems a little too coincidental to me they are top candidates with ELITE QB's (can they do it without?), which is why I rather go after a guy like Pederson who has proved he has a great offense but he is stuck with Carson trashcan Wentz.

Bottom line though, anything is better than the Bologna.

Exactly. The Chiefs QB coach is even getting some tire kicking. I think any QB coach in the league would look like a genius with Mahomes. And any offensive coordinator under Big Red Kool Aid man will look innovative.
We are not getting Trevor Lawrence. Repeat after me .... We are not getting Trevor Lawrence.

We should be focusing on what coach would be best for Read Pass Option (RPO) that Justin Fields is going to bring to the Jags. Just look at what the Ravens were able to do with Lamar Jackson. Had he come to the Jags, we would have misused him and he would have ended up like Minshew --- wondering what the [BLEEP] is going on around here.
(12-08-2020, 06:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]We are not getting Trevor Lawrence.  Repeat after me .... We are not getting Trevor Lawrence.  

We should be focusing on what coach would be best for Read Pass Option (RPO) that Justin Fields is going to bring to the Jags.  Just look at what the Ravens were able to do with Lamar Jackson.  Had he come to the Jags, we would have misused him and he would have ended up like Minshew --- wondering what the [BLEEP] is going on around here.

I found this interesting PFF article. It looks like we should bring in someone from the Jaguars because they were the frontrunners. Wait a second...

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-rpo-update-...-them-best
(12-08-2020, 06:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]We are not getting Trevor Lawrence.  Repeat after me .... We are not getting Trevor Lawrence.  

We should be focusing on what coach would be best for Read Pass Option (RPO) that Justin Fields is going to bring to the Jags.  Just look at what the Ravens were able to do with Lamar Jackson.  Had he come to the Jags, we would have misused him and he would have ended up like Minshew --- wondering what the [BLEEP] is going on around here.

Ahem
(12-08-2020, 06:13 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]

I found this interesting PFF article. It looks like we should bring in someone from the Jaguars because they were the frontrunners. Wait a second...

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-rpo-update-...-them-best

That was the 2 back set we all loved that kept the defense guessing between Grant and Fournette. 

Why the hell Hackett abandoned it completely when the pats had no answer for it I'll probably die wondering.

This is the exact reason why I don't listen to a message board filled of armchair GM's.. I take it all with a grain of salt.. Fling enough poo and you're bound to hit something.
I would love TLaw and Pat Surtain!!!