Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The jags have permission...to win Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To win a game this weekend and upset the tacks! 

Won't happen, but on the 0.001 percent chance it does happen, it would be ok with me. We're not "catching up" with the Jets anyway. 

Screw the tacks!!!
(12-10-2020, 04:43 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]To win a game this weekend and upset the tacks! 

Won't happen, but on the 0.001 percent chance it does happen, it would be ok with me. We're not "catching up" with the Jets anyway. 

Screw the tacks!!!

No, permission not granted. Arm tackles on Henry please. I know Marrone will want to screw the organization by getting a win, but a playoff team will rest its starters in the final week against the Jets. 

I think Khan told Marrone not to play Minshew to preserve what little trade value he has. His poor play can be attributed to injury. He can also be a very affordable bridge starter to Lawrence/Fields.
Agree with the OP
There's always a chance we could catch the Jets.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-10-2020, 05:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2020, 04:43 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]To win a game this weekend and upset the tacks! 

Screw the tacks!!!

No, permission not granted. Arm tackles on Henry please. I know Marrone will want to screw the organization by getting a win, but a playoff team will rest its starters in the final week against the Jets. 

I think Khan told Marrone not to play Minshew to preserve what little trade value he has. His poor play can be attributed to injury. He can also be a very affordable bridge starter to Lawrence/Fields.

Jets get the Patriots in their last game, we get the Colts.  We're a lot more likely to be playing a team that is resting starters than the Jets are.

And Minshew has zero trade value.
Thank you, and let me remind everyone.

SCREW THE TACKS
Agree, if there is every a week where jags are forgiven for going full stupid and winning a game this is it. Tacks suck.
Win baby. Just win in the Immortal words of Adriani in the rocky movie.
(12-10-2020, 05:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ][Image: giphy.gif]

Indeed
No. As stupid as it sounds and is, I'm driving in from Alabama to see us get mugged. Draft. Position. Period.
(12-11-2020, 01:02 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]No. As stupid as it sounds and is, I'm driving in from Alabama to see us get mugged. Draft. Position. Period.

Draft. Position. Won't. Change. With. A. Win.
(12-10-2020, 06:25 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2020, 05:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]No, permission not granted. Arm tackles on Henry please. I know Marrone will want to screw the organization by getting a win, but a playoff team will rest its starters in the final week against the Jets. 

Jets get the Patriots in their last game, we get the Colts.  We're a lot more likely to be playing a team that is resting starters than the Jets are.

And Minshew has zero trade value.

I wouldn't put it past Belichek to tank that game to keep Lawrence out of the division.
If there’s a week I want a win it’s the week to screw the tacks playoff chances
(12-11-2020, 03:29 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2020, 01:02 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]No. As stupid as it sounds and is, I'm driving in from Alabama to see us get mugged. Draft. Position. Period.

Welp its came pretty close a few times and friggin should have last week. To making a diff..  Depends how badly you want Trevor.  I am ok with losing if it means getting him.

And we screw up and beat the Tacks and then the Bears come into town and we have to pray we don't fall victim to their loser mentality. Pass. Ensure the draft position by losing and losing big on Sunday. No taking any chances. You want to roll the dice?

Ummm It will eliminate any chance of getting the #1 overall pick. I know chances are slim, especially after the Jets showed how committed to the tank they are, but if the Jags and Jets finish tied, we are in position to get that pick.
As if we have to try to lose. The law of averages says this team will win a meaningless game because they are scrappy. We are probably going to get highlight reeled and poaterized by Henry.

(12-12-2020, 01:59 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]As if we have to try to lose. The law of averages says this team will win a meaningless game because they are scrappy. We are probably going to get highlight reeled and posterized by Henry.
I'd be ok with winning out if it means all our young guys are improving and playing that much better
(12-12-2020, 04:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be ok with winning out if it means all our young guys are improving and playing that much better

That’s what happened last year with the Colts
win to close the season. Did that really give this season any momentum? What it did was drop the Jags out of blue chip player range.
Pages: 1 2