Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vernon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here ever seen the movie Vernon?
(12-15-2020, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here ever seen the movie Vernon?

I have not.  Does it remind you of your Xmas decorations as well as the movie I asked about?  Just giving you a hard time.  What’s it about?
(12-15-2020, 08:30 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2020, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here ever seen the movie Vernon?

I have not.  Does it remind you of your Xmas decorations as well as the movie I asked about?  Just giving you a hard time.  What’s it about?

What was the movie you mentioned again?

Vernon is a tiny town in FL.  A film school student noticed in a newspaper article that the town had the nation's highest rate of insurance fraud.  He decided to make a documentary of their daily lives.  It's slow paced and filled with inanity, like this board during a losing season.

Anyhow I recommend the movie.  Lots of funny moments.
(12-15-2020, 08:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2020, 08:30 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I have not.  Does it remind you of your Xmas decorations as well as the movie I asked about?  Just giving you a hard time.  What’s it about?

What was the movie you mentioned again?

Vernon is a tiny town in FL.  A film school student noticed in a newspaper article that the town had the nation's highest rate of insurance fraud.  He decided to make a documentary of their daily lives.  It's slow paced and filled with inanity, like this board during a losing season.

Anyhow I recommend the movie.  Lots of funny moments.

Uh, the movie was “The Devils Rejects” by Rob Zombie. I was inquiring about others viewership of it in the trivial annoyance thread, I believe.  There was a humorous moment in the movie (really it’s sick not funny but, it’s funny) that reminds me of my inflatable penguin Christmas decoration.  

Enough about that. I may have to try to watch the movie. If nothing else , just to get inside your mind on what you find good and humorous.  Who knows, I may just find it enjoyable.  Let’s hope they have subtitles.  I may or may not be able to hear it at any given moment.

After a quick search, it looks like something to give a shot.