Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Thread - Jags @ Ravens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Well, we've almost made it. Just another couple games until the end of this debacle.

Today is a "Salt in the Wound" game as the Jaguars visit the ravens and reigning MVP Lamar Jackson. Almost everyone decries the fact that the Jaguars selected Taven "Tater Cakes" Bryan (career 69 tkls, 3.5 sks, 1 FF) with the 29th pick in the 1st round leaving the electric Jackson (60td-16int, 18 rush tds) on the board for the ravens 3 picks later. That choice is another key reason why Tom Coughlin and Dave Caldwell needed to be fired.

The ravens come into today's game off what might have been the best game this season last Monday defeating the Browns in a thriller. Jackson caused some controversy by going to the locker room mid-game to take a dump, while his backup, Trace McSorley, suffered a knee injury causing Jackson to return from the can Willis Reed-style to win the game.

The Jags continue to play hard and bad and they were decimated by the tittians again last week. Doug Moron changed his mind (again) and went back to Gardener Minshew in the second half after the Giraffe couldn't move the offense effectively. GM15 sparked the offense a bit, but this team clearly needs a full reset this offseason. Look for the Jags fans to follow the Jets game against the Rams today and root mightily for the Ney York team as a win both gives the Jags the #1 pick and a loss by the Rams improves the value of Jacksonville's other 1st round pick in the coming draft.

Game time is at 1pm. The line for today's Game Day Thread is officially set at 17 pages. Get your money down soon.

Commentary, thoughts, debates, arguments, witticisms, insults, and snark to follow.
(12-20-2020, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we've almost made it. Just another couple games until the end of this debacle.

Just wait until next year when Justin Fields is our QB.
I hadn’t watched him at all until last night and if that was any indication, he’s just a guy. He couldn’t drive on any passes outside the numbers, held the ball too long, and had poor pocket presence. I’m a hard pass on fields at 2.
(12-20-2020, 11:07 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2020, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we've almost made it. Just another couple games until the end of this debacle.

Yep, hope springs eternal only to be dashed each year by a wasted pick on a bust draft pick.
A few more weeks until optimism season.
I don't even want to watch. This is gonna get ugly. There is a good chance Lamar Jackson breaks the single game QB rushing record against us.

(12-20-2020, 11:07 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]

Ugh! I certainly hope not. We'll be bad for another 4-5 years.
I'm not worried about Fields being picked by us. I think the Jags land a good GM because it's great opportunity to build a team with lots of draft picks, cap space and patient owner. Any good GM can see past the fanboy glitter and know Fields is not franchise quality.
I'm glad I get to have today off to follow/watch this game and others. I do wonder if it can get pretty ugly like other games this year. I could see Lamar running all over this team. Nonetheless, I still am glad to be able to enjoy a day of Sunday football at home.
Go Jets
Jags shock the world today except for me,and themselves by beating the ravans
Come on Jets.
(12-20-2020, 12:49 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags shock the world today except for me,and themselves by beating the ravans

Did your dad give you beer again?  It's not going to happen. 

We get whooped by at least 3 scores today.
(12-20-2020, 12:59 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2020, 12:49 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags shock the world today except for me,and themselves by beating the ravans

Did your dad give you beer again?  It's not going to happen. 

We get whooped by at least 3 scores today.

I'm willing to bet Lamar Jackson sits the last quarter.
Final score

Ravens 58
Jaguars 10
(12-20-2020, 12:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not worried about Fields being picked by us. I think the Jags land a good GM because it's great opportunity to build a team with lots of draft picks, cap space and patient owner. Any good GM can see past the fanboy glitter and know Fields is not franchise quality.

Well said, hope it is true...
(12-20-2020, 01:23 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2020, 12:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not worried about Fields being picked by us. I think the Jags land a good GM because it's great opportunity to build a team with lots of draft picks, cap space and patient owner. Any good GM can see past the fanboy glitter and know Fields is not franchise quality.

Well said, hope it is true...

Hope is the carrot, suspended in front of the plow horse, to keep him plodding along.
I suspect this game will be more competitive than expected. Doesn't mean Jags really have a chance but I bet it stays within 10 and the Jags may lead during the 1st half. They have a tendency to play better against the better teams and Baltimore will be coming down after last week.

Gonna say 28-20 Jags.
(12-20-2020, 01:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2020, 01:23 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Well said, hope it is true...

Hope is the carrot, suspended in front of the plow horse, to keep him plodding along.

I feel like I just read a fortune cookie.

(12-20-2020, 01:33 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect this game will be more competitive than expected. Doesn't mean Jags really have a chance but I bet it stays within 10 and the Jags may lead during the 1st half. They have a tendency to play better against the better teams and Baltimore will be coming down after last week.

Gonna say 28-20 Jags.

The Jags are a pretty good one win team. They've got grit, just not talent depth and competent coaching.
I am watching but, really looking to see how our former players do. What is the over under on sacks by those 2 today? Will they even get a sack?
(12-20-2020, 01:50 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]I am watching but, really looking to see how our former players do. What is the over under on sacks by those 2 today? Will they even get a sack?

I got a million dollars that says Campbell doesn't record a stat at all. He's gonna get shut out!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20