Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This is why I hate the national sports media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1gmOh28hQ8\\This entire discussion revolves around how the Jets blew it by not losing out.

The relevant and most noxious part of the segment starts at the 9:00 mark.

The shots at Jacksonville...the big market entitlement/contempt for Jacksonville...is just over the top.

I hope we piss off the media and we get Trevor Lawrence.,,in part because screw them.
meh... listening to the national media is typically pretty worthless. Rarely do you find anyone that has interesting takes. And theyre whole business model is to say something controversial or p|ss people off to draw in ratings. It's clickbait tv. Not worth the time.
He is just mad he has to live in the prison that is NYC.
(12-21-2020, 05:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1gmOh28hQ8\\This entire discussion revolves around how the Jets blew it by not losing out.

The relevant and most noxious part of the segment starts at the 9:00 mark.

The shots at Jacksonville...the big market entitlement/contempt for Jacksonville...is just over the top.

I hope we piss off the media and we get Trevor Lawrence.,,in part because screw them.

In my experience, that's just the way people from NYC act. They think the city is the center of the universe. They have an entitlement and they think everyone should want to live there and every other city on Earth is Hicksville, USA. Personally, I'd rather be shot in the head than live in New York.
Let's be real... The Jaguars have built their own persona. The Jags was the most pathetic team of the last decade and the decade before that wasn't too kind either. IF the Jags build a stable winning culture, all of this crappy Jacksonville talk will go away. We are 1-13. We stink!

Any losing team as much as us deserves to be dragged through the mud. AT one time nobody wanted to go to GB, Seattle, New England, etc. because they had a losing culture. Winning solves all of this crap.
(12-21-2020, 07:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Let's be real...  The Jaguars have built their own persona.   The Jags was the most pathetic team of the last decade and the decade before that wasn't too kind either.  IF the Jags build a stable winning culture, all of this crappy Jacksonville talk will go away.  We are 1-13.  We stink!

Any losing team as much as us deserves to be dragged through the mud.  AT one time nobody wanted to go to GB, Seattle, New England, etc.  Winning solves all of this crap.

Evidently you haven't been watching the team for very long.
Every time you think you're the fan of the worst franchise in the league, you hear something that challenges that. I recently heard that the last time the Cincinnati Bengals won a playoff game was 1991. Compare that to the Jaguars, who didn't come into existence until four years later and have won eight, including two just three years ago. So, really, it could always be worse.
lolololol

Like we haven't had to listen to this type of crap since day 1 of Jax getting a franchise lololol

Act like you been here before..
(12-21-2020, 07:40 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]Every time you think you're the fan of the worst franchise in the league, you hear something that challenges that. I recently heard that the last time the Cincinnati Bengals won a playoff game was 1991. Compare that to the Jaguars, who didn't come into existence until four years later and have won eight, including two just three years ago. So, really, it could always be worse.

Yeah, lots of years without a playoffs win, but they went to the playoffs 6 times between 2009 and 2015, so it's not that they sucked for the last ten years like the Jaguars have.
No one cares about Nick Wright he’s crazy !
(12-21-2020, 08:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]lolololol

Like we haven't had to listen to this type of crap since day 1 of Jax getting a franchise lololol

Act like you been here before..
Heck even before then they've trashed us.

Still doesn't make me like it any more.
Nick Wright ? LOL

Has he ever lifted a dumb bell? Has he ever smelled a pair of cleats ? He tries to talk football with Cris Carter but it’s like listening to my sister discuss football with my Mom.
Nick Wright is one of the worst national commentators, hands down. I take what he says with a micrometer of salt.
(12-22-2020, 12:39 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Nick Wright is one of the worst national commentators, hands down. I take what he says with a micrometer of salt.

Just tell him all the Jag fans just joined the Frank Gore fan club.
According to this video Trevor Lawrence going to Jacksonville is bad business for the media and NFL... but the bright spot is the Jags are moving to London soon.

(12-22-2020, 01:43 AM)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]According to this video Trevor Lawrence going to Jacksonville is bad business for the media and NFL... but the bright spot is the Jags are moving to London soon.

I saw that [BLEEP] earlier.  Shaking my head in dismay.
(12-22-2020, 01:43 AM)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]According to this video Trevor Lawrence going to Jacksonville is bad business for the media and NFL... but the bright spot is the Jags are moving to London soon.

Really silly. Wouldn’t a good NFL business guy recognize that bringing an afterthought franchise into a relevance does more for the NFL revenues in NET, than a team already in the largest media market that will always have a giant cache of fans and interest.

Basically a contender Jags and mediocre Jets in 5 years probably makes more NET profit than a contender Jets and mediocre Jags.

Plus these two are NBA guys. They barely know any football.
They're just hatin' because, as of right now, they lost the BEST chance they had of turning around the Jets franchise.

Let their salty tears fuel our next decade of dominance led by our field general, who was gifted to us, Trevor Lawrence.

"The Jags are moving to LA/Mexico/San Antonio/London....." just insert a city and recycle the story every 3 years or so. 25 years later, we are still here.
Well... if there's one thing I do enjoy it's watching NY people and media types squirm. Pricks...
Pages: 1 2 3