Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: One thing that could change this defense around
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Move Ramsey to SS and Jack to Sam. I know this makes to much sense so it wont happen. Would turn maybe our 2 biggest weaknesses to strengths. I think SS would play to Ramsey stregths and could cover any TE and would still cover guys in the slot in some plays, play in the box, drop him deep, or even blitz the qb. Would be no limit. Where we get burned the most Ramsey would be in position. Jack and Ramsey are interchangeable at LB and safety and could really confuse a defense. Would love to see those guy next to each other in these mid to short range passes as they can cover a lot of ground. We have the parts to be dominant on what we get burned on the most and will never see it with this staff. Makes me sick
Quote:Move Ramsey to SS and Jack to Sam. I know this makes to much sense so it wont happen. Would turn maybe our 2 biggest weaknesses to strengths. I think SS would play to Ramsey stregths and could cover any TE and would still cover guys in the slot in some plays, play in the box, drop him deep, or even blitz the qb. Would be no limit. Where we get burned the most Ramsey would be in position. Jack and Ramsey are interchangeable at LB and safety and could really confuse a defense. Would love to see those guy next to each other in these mid to short range passes as they can cover a lot of ground. We have the parts to be dominant on what we get burned on the most and will never see it with this staff. Makes me sick
We don't need Ramsey at SS but by god we need Jack on the field. We need to start running the type of defense the Cardinals run. 
I would rather put Jack at SS.

Jack is faster, covers better and is a better tackler than Cyp.

I think Jack needs to be the ML but with Poz still on the field wearing the green dot.

Oh, here we go..
Quote:We don't need Ramsey at SS but by god we need Jack on the field. We need to start running the type of defense the Cardinals run.
you must have not seen our SS play these last few years if you dont think we need him at SS. Could put a guy with all pro potential at the weakest spot on our defense. With a healthy Prince, House, and Colvin coming back in a couple of weeeks we wont be bad at corner.
Quote:We don't need Ramsey at SS but by god we need Jack on the field. We need to start running the type of defense the Cardinals run.
you must have not seen our SS play these last few years if you dont think we need him at SS. Could put a guy with all pro potential at the weakest spot on our defense. With a healthy Prince, House, and Colvin coming back in a couple of weeeks we wont be bad at corner.
Quote:I think Jack needs to be the ML but with Poz still on the field wearing the green dot.
id rather do like Car did with Luke. First year play Sam and move him to MLB next year when he knows the defense better

This. Ramsey is our best corner right now. Moving him to SS just puts Gratz on the field more.
Quote:This. Ramsey is our best corner right now. Moving him to SS just puts Gratz on the field more.
we have other corners not maybed Gratz. Josh Johnson is one who has showed promise, he should be on the field over Gratz, not to mention Colvin returns in 2 weeks
Quote:Move Ramsey to SS and Jack to Sam. I know this makes to much sense so it wont happen. Would turn maybe our 2 biggest weaknesses to strengths. I think SS would play to Ramsey stregths and could cover any TE and would still cover guys in the slot in some plays, play in the box, drop him deep, or even blitz the qb. Would be no limit. Where we get burned the most Ramsey would be in position. Jack and Ramsey are interchangeable at LB and safety and could really confuse a defense. Would love to see those guy next to each other in these mid to short range passes as they can cover a lot of ground. We have the parts to be dominant on what we get burned on the most and will never see it with this staff. Makes me sick

You actually think the SAM/OTTO position is one of the two biggest weaknesses? 

The guy is on the field for maybe 35% of the defensive snaps. I don't see it as a big problem compared to other guys just blowing coverages. 

If you're thinking run defense  -   Miller and Odrick coming out of the game in SD were a bigger problem for the run defense than anything Skuta did.  

The back seven in general getting exposed in busted coverages and playing poorly in run support was the problem in SD.  Cyp and Skuta have a role in that deficiency, but Skuta's role is pretty darn small in the grand scheme of things. 

I'm in favor of getting Jack's speed on the field in any way possible, but I think he'd have the least impact at that (SAM) position. 
Poz needs to be on the field to stop the run, and Jack needs to be on the field to stop the pass/run.  However they get that accomplished, I don't really care, just do it.

Quote:You actually think the SAM/OTTO position is one of the two biggest weaknesses?

The guy is on the field for maybe 35% of the defensive snaps. I don't see it as a big problem compared to other guys just blowing coverages.

If you're thinking run defense - Miller and Odrick coming out of the game in SD were a bigger problem for the run defense than anything Skuta did.

The back seven in general getting exposed in busted coverages and playing poorly in run support was the problem in SD. Cyp and Skuta have a role in that deficiency, but Skuta's role is pretty darn small in the grand scheme of things.

I'm in favor of getting Jack's speed on the field in any way possible, but I think he'd have the least impact at that (SAM) position.
when we run a 4-3 yes I would like to put Jack at Sam. In passing downs I would put Jack in for Poz. No doubt we need Miller and Odrick on the field for our run D. Honesty Alu is one of our better run defenders as well
Quote:you must have not seen our SS play these last few years if you dont think we need him at SS. Could put a guy with all pro potential at the weakest spot on our defense. With a healthy Prince, House, and Colvin coming back in a couple of weeeks we wont be bad at corner.
Yea. Thats the thing. Prince isn't healthy. Cyp actually hasn't been terrible despite what you think. He had one really bad missed tackle in week 1 and then the whole defense got abused in week 2. I expect Cyp to be fine.
Quote:Yea. Thats the thing. Prince isn't healthy. Cyp actually hasn't been terrible despite what you think. He had one really bad missed tackle in week 1 and then the whole defense got abused in week 2. I expect Cyp to be fine.
lol, Gus wasnt outcoached in week one but the whole team was bad in week 2. You probably think he will be fine as well
Quote:lol, Gus wasnt outcoached in week one but the whole team was bad in week 2. You probably think he will be fine as well
Not sure how you interpreted that but good for you. Very bright.

If you think moving Ramsey to SS and Jack to SAM is going to change this defense then you're delusional. You want to take our best cover corner and put him in the box? That's the smart move?
Quote:Poz needs to be on the field to stop the run, and Jack needs to be on the field to stop the pass/run. However they get that accomplished, I don't really care, just do it.

The run hasn't been getting stopped with him on the field.
Cleatwood gets it.

If anything, I'd have Jack at SS.

Ramsey's already shown me enough that I don't want to move him away from CB.  Too good there.

Jack just seems to have the athleticism and skillset to play SS well, and obviously would perform just fine as an "in the box" safety since he's already playing LB.

Quote:Not sure how you interpreted that but good for you. Very bright.

If you think moving Ramsey to SS and Jack to SAM is going to change this defense then you're delusional. You want to take our best cover corner and put him in the box? That's the smart move?
I know it would better this defense. You saying Ramsey is our best corner is unknown at this point. I would rather play to his strengths
Pages: 1 2