Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: pardon me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of these President Trump pardons are a remarkable.
(12-24-2020, 04:04 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Some of these President Trump pardons are a remarkable.

Exactly what was expected.  The guy is corrupt and is pardoning those who think it is OK to commit fraud against the People of the USA.
To be honest, I was pretty pissed to see he commuted the sentence of Chelsea Manning.

What are you upset about? The female K9 cop who was sentenced to 10 years in prison 5 years after her dog biting a burglar, or the "give me the man, and I will find the crime" Russia hoax pawns?
(12-24-2020, 04:39 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 04:04 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Some of these President Trump pardons are a remarkable.

Exactly what was expected.  The guy is corrupt and is pardoning those who think it is OK to commit fraud against the People of the USA.

I didn't know he pardoned Biden and Harris...
(12-24-2020, 10:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 04:39 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly what was expected.  The guy is corrupt and is pardoning those who think it is OK to commit fraud against the People of the USA.

LMAO, time to lock the thread after that one. Captivating was just digitally murdered.
(12-24-2020, 10:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 04:39 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly what was expected.  The guy is corrupt and is pardoning those who think it is OK to commit fraud against the People of the USA.

He can only pardon those found guilty....you know...where there is actual evidence..........and not just a lot of hot air and lame duck crying by a sore loser.

You mean like this one......

Trump pardons Maryland police officer imprisoned after releasing canine on suspect

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-p...on-suspect
(12-24-2020, 06:38 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]

You mean like this one......

Trump pardons Maryland police officer imprisoned after releasing canine on suspect

Remarkable can mean good or bad.
^^
Yes thats right, and many of these are not good. Smh
(12-24-2020, 06:49 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 06:38 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]You mean like this one......

Remarkable can mean good or bad.

Are you really defending the prosecution of a police officer sentenced to 25 years in prison for releasing a police dog in apprehending a suspect that was bitten in the calf?
(12-24-2020, 09:55 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 06:49 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Remarkable can mean good or bad.

Are you really defending the prosecution of a police officer sentenced to 25 years in prison for releasing a police dog in apprehending a suspect that was bitten in the calf?

Not at all.

I am saying that the comment about remarkable while mainly related to how Trump is using his powers to pardon tax cheats and other criminals, but in this case, it is a great outcome, so remarkable that we also have a good pardon.  While I don't know all the facts of the case, based on what has been provided, this pardon looks like a very good outcome.

(12-24-2020, 09:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]^^

agree

most of those pardoned are liars, tax cheats and good ol' fashioned white collar crims.
(12-24-2020, 11:00 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 09:55 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Are you really defending the prosecution of a police officer sentenced to 25 years in prison for releasing a police dog in apprehending a suspect that was bitten in the calf?

Not at all.

I am saying that the comment about remarkable while mainly related to how Trump is using his powers to pardon tax cheats and other criminals, but in this case, it is a great outcome, so remarkable that we also have a good pardon.  While I don't know all the facts of the case, based on what has been provided, this pardon looks like a very good outcome.

(12-24-2020, 09:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]^^

agree

most of those pardoned are liars, tax cheats and good ol' fashioned white collar crims.

Good news for Hunter then since he is all 3 of those.
(12-24-2020, 11:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 11:00 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Not at all.

agree

Good news for Hunter then since he is all 3 of those.

and just as much as a scum as Trump and his tax cheating friends.
Kushner was a stupid pardon. Not a fan. Stone was fine. Manafort was borderline, but nothing exceptional. Every President has questionable pardons. Bush: Scooter Libby, Clinton: His bro (among many), Obama: Chelsea Manning... the list goes on.
The pardon is one the perks of being the president. They all have “what the bleep” kind of pardons.
Reviving a dead thread just to say that every President--every President in recent memory has gone on a pardon spree at the end of their tenure. Aside from maybe Nixon and Kennedy for obvious reasons, but putting those two in "recent" memory might be a stretch. Trump is getting dumped on partly because this is a guy who has aspirations to run again, making pardons much more political than they would otherwise be, and partly because the media just loves dumping on Trump.
(12-29-2020, 10:22 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Reviving a dead thread just to say that every President--every President in recent memory has gone on a pardon spree at the end of their tenure. Aside from maybe Nixon and Kennedy for obvious reasons, but putting those two in "recent" memory might be a stretch. Trump is getting dumped on partly because this is a guy who has aspirations to run again, making pardons much more political than they would otherwise be, and partly because the media just loves dumping on Trump.

No way Trump runs again. He will have way too much fun running things from the sideline.
I agree. He will not run again. He does not want to spend his "prime" years left doing what he did already when he can have fun in his life. Like stoudcrowed said, he can still pull a lot of strings from the sideline. He has a huge following.
Regarding pardons, it is what it is. Just like giving giving stimulus checks to those who were not adversely impacted by Covid. I mean, what's a person to do other then to go grab a beer and scroll through the Jets message board and laugh ..... Life Is Good.
(12-29-2020, 11:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2020, 10:22 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Reviving a dead thread just to say that every President--every President in recent memory has gone on a pardon spree at the end of their tenure. Aside from maybe Nixon and Kennedy for obvious reasons, but putting those two in "recent" memory might be a stretch. Trump is getting dumped on partly because this is a guy who has aspirations to run again, making pardons much more political than they would otherwise be, and partly because the media just loves dumping on Trump.

No way Trump runs again. He will have way too much fun ruining things from the sideline.

There, fixed it for you.

Ruining is spelled ru-I-ning, not ru-N-ning.