Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Let’s go beat the Colts now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
... and get one last win for Doug.
Lets do it, hopefully that will put them out of the playoffs as well
Colts are going to make week 1 look like the fluke it was even with an aging QB whose best playing days are in the rear view mirror.
I actually hated pulling for us to lose despite knowing it could change the team for the better. Now I don't have to thanks to the Jet win. How nice would it be to have our only 2 wins to be the first and last game this year. Both against the Colts??? Think about that....
Wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake to lock up Lawrence and then go sweep Indy and possibly eliminate them from the playoffs?

Just poetic.
Give the start to Minshew..
If would be nice to sweep Colts, knock them out of the playoffs, and probably be the only 2-14 team to sweep a division opponent.

Also, then the Jags don't have to worry about carrying/continuing this franchise record long losing streak into next year, Then a new coach, GM and QB would not have to talk about it.
Then you risk the "Marrone rallied the troops and deserves to another season".

You can't give Tony a reason...
I'm ok with Jags win especially if Jets beats Pats. But a loss means first pick in each round (especially #2) which can be big.
(12-27-2020, 06:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Then you risk the "Marrone rallied the troops and deserves to another season".

Then, let go of Marrone now. No need to keep him on at all at this point. He already fired the GM. 

There is no difference in saving face or whatever between being fired before the last game or after the last game.
This is the first game all year i didn't watch.  I could not route against our team, but its done now, so bring on the first pick!!!!!!!
I don't want to hear, "With the the 1st pick of the second round, numer 33 overall, the New York Jets select... "
(12-27-2020, 06:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2020, 06:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Then you risk the "Marrone rallied the troops and deserves to another season".

Then, let go of Marrone now. No need to keep him on at all at this point. He already fired the GM. 

There is no difference in saving face or whatever between being fired before the last game or after the last game.

I said he should be relieved of his duties tonight.
I would like to see the Jags beat the Colts again. I would like to get another win against them and I also would like us to help the Browns chances of making the playoffs. I like the Browns, they were the second team I was really rooting for this year and they are also a long suffering franchise. I would be fine with the Jags beating the Colts and helping the Browns chances of making the playoffs. Especially if the Browns lose against the Steelers. If they lose against the Steelers the Jags beating the Colts would be their next best shot of making the playoffs. Also, I wonder if games may be flexed to later times due to playoff implications.
What good would come out of a meaningless win? Better to have the 1st pick in every round of the draft.
(12-27-2020, 11:12 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]What good would come out of a meaningless win?  Better to have the 1st pick in every round of the draft.

Knocking Indy out of the playoffs wouldn't qualify as a meaningless win.
(12-27-2020, 11:12 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]What good would come out of a meaningless win?  Better to have the 1st pick in every round of the draft.

I was a big advocate of tanking for Trevor, but I don't think one spot difference in rounds 2 and 4 is significant.  I think the Jaguar fans deserve to see a win.
(12-27-2020, 11:44 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]

I was a big advocate of tanking for Trevor, but I don't think one spot difference in rounds 2 and 4 is significant.  I think the Jaguar fans deserve to see a win.

This team isn't winning unless the Colts give it to us. They are capable for about 1 competitive quarter a game. They are young and poorly coached.
(12-27-2020, 11:44 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Knocking Indy out of the playoffs wouldn't qualify as a meaningless win.

Sure it does - a Jags win gives us worse draft position and a better draft position for the Colts.  2020 is a bust, time to think about 2021 and what is best for the team going forward.
(12-27-2020, 11:48 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2020, 11:44 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]I was a big advocate of tanking for Trevor, but I don't think one spot difference in rounds 2 and 4 is significant.  I think the Jaguar fans deserve to see a win.

This team isn't winning unless the Colts give it to us. They are capable for about 1 competitive quarter a game. They are young and poorly coached.

I doubt it too, but the question wasn't whether the Jaguars would win.  It was whether we want the Jaguars to win.  It doesn't matter too much to me either way since it is a meaningless game, but I would like to see the Jags play well.  I also think someone made a good point that a win would eliminate the distraction of "losing streak" talk next year.  One draft spot in rounds 2 and 4 isn't significant and it may not even be that if the Jets were to win too.
Pages: 1 2 3