Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars VS Indy Moved to 4:25 start next Sunday!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We will know before we play if the Jets beat the pats and we can go ahead and demolish the colts playoff dreams Smile!!!!
I think we are going to TRY to obliterate the Colts anyways. I have my doubts if that is possible again THIS season but hey.
(12-28-2020, 01:23 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]We will know before we play if the Jets beat the pats and we can go ahead and demolish the colts playoff dreams Smile!!!!

We have the #1 pick locked up win, lose, or, draw!
(12-28-2020, 02:19 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2020, 01:23 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]We will know before we play if the Jets beat the pats and we can go ahead and demolish the colts playoff dreams Smile!!!!

We have the #1 pick locked up win, lose, or, draw!

but if we win and the jets lose we have to alternate each round. the perfect gift would be if jets win then we get all the 1st picks in each round and can stomp the clots
(12-28-2020, 02:40 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2020, 02:19 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]We have the #1 pick locked up win, lose, or, draw!

but if we win and the jets lose we have to alternate each round. the perfect gift would be if jets win then we get all the 1st picks in each round and can stomp the clots

Even if we try our bestest,we'll still come up short. Down boy
(12-28-2020, 02:40 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2020, 02:19 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]We have the #1 pick locked up win, lose, or, draw!

I will certainly be a Jets fan once again on Sunday, but I've had all I can stand of hoping for my team to lose now that we have the first pick locked up.  I will actually be able to cheer for my team and mean it for the first time in a long time, and Imma gonna do it!
Back to "Minshew gives us the best chance to win"?

Really though... can we just fast forward to the 4th and then again to the draft?
I had thought this game might be moved due to it having playoff implications. The Jags could eliminate the Colts AND possibly send the Browns to the playoffs. Unless they are flexed to a later game too the Browns are currently scheduled to play the Steelers at 1pm EST. If they lose that game they will need the Jags help to make it into the playoffs.

I don't know if he will get the start and I think that Doug is still mad at him, but I would like to see Gardner get the start. I would like to see him and the Jags play a good and competitive game with the Colts where the Jags win. That could be a good final game for him as a starter for the Jags.
(12-29-2020, 12:28 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Back to "Minshew gives us the best chance to win"?

Really though... can we just fast forward to the 4th and then again to the draft?

I think he does, but that's really not saying much.
A ragtag team of misfits that has minimal talent and nothing to play for while they wait for the hammer to fall on their coach, the staff and most of their jobs?

Sounds like a recipe for an upset, imo. Play Minshew. Play Robinson if he's able. Dink and dunk them into oblivion. Make Clots fans never forget that they were the only two W's on the Jaguars' schedule the year they "won" Trevor Lawrence. Make them never forget the day they lost for the second time to the 2020 Jaguars, undoubtedly one of the least talented and worst coached teams in modern NFL history.
Don’t play Robinson. Send him away on a paid vacation. He will be an integral part of the offense next season.
(12-29-2020, 01:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t play Robinson. Send him away on a paid vacation. He will be an integral part of the offense next season.

Don't play to win. Play to humiliate. The players did their job, now let's let them have some fun before most of them are cut.
(12-29-2020, 01:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2020, 01:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t play Robinson. Send him away on a paid vacation. He will be an integral part of the offense next season.

Don't play to win. Play to humiliate. The players did their job, now let's let them have some fun before most of them are cut.

Robinson isn’t getting cut. The last thing we need is for him to suffer an ACL tear during the last game of the season.

The other players on the bubble don’t want to get hurt either because they may have to find jobs elsewhere.

Don’t get wrapped up on the team concept. It’s a locker room of independent contractors with nothing to gain by playing their guts out for a lost organization.
(12-29-2020, 01:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2020, 01:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Don't play to win. Play to humiliate. The players did their job, now let's let them have some fun before most of them are cut.

Robinson isn’t getting cut. The last thing we need is for him to suffer an ACL tear during the last game of the season.

The other players on the bubble don’t want to get hurt either because they may have to find jobs elsewhere.

Don’t get wrapped up on the team concept. It’s a locker room of independent contractors with nothing to gain by playing their guts out for a lost organization.

No, those independent contractors will be playing their butts off because they still need some good film in order to increase their chances of making a roster either here or somewhere else. Fringe roster players don't have the luxury of saving their health for next year.

No one is looking for a healthy bad player that is willing to slack off.
(12-29-2020, 01:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2020, 01:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Don't play to win. Play to humiliate. The players did their job, now let's let them have some fun before most of them are cut.

Agree only with part of the analogy.  If you are indeed an 'independent contractor' you certainly are playing for something even if it isn't the team that you are playing on, especially if you are looking for a job elsewhere.
(12-29-2020, 03:40 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2020, 01:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Robinson isn’t getting cut. The last thing we need is for him to suffer an ACL tear during the last game of the season.

No, those independent contractors will be playing their butts off because they still need some good film in order to increase their chances of making a roster either here or somewhere else. Fringe roster players don't have the luxury of saving their health for next year.

No one is looking for a healthy bad player that is willing to slack off.

(12-29-2020, 03:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2020, 01:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Robinson isn’t getting cut. The last thing we need is for him to suffer an ACL tear during the last game of the season.

Agree only with part of the analogy.  If you are indeed an 'independent contractor' you certainly are playing for something even if it isn't the team that you are playing on, especially if you are looking for a job elsewhere.

I thought of that as I was posting. I guess it could be quantified as the difference between playing hard for game film and playing a balls out grudge match - all else be damned.

Respectable showing? Yes.
Bitter rivalry match for legacy of honor? No.
Doug is going with Mike Glennon again on Sunday against the Colts. I wish he would have let Gardner play one more time as a starter. I think we could have had a more exciting game with him at the helm, and a better chance of winning. If Gardner had played and beat the Colts, that would have been a nice end before the Jags usher in a new era.

I've said this before but it really does feel like he has something personal against Gardner. He's never been a big fan of his and now it seems like he really doesn't like him. (I think he's never forgiven Gardner for not disclosing the thumb injury). I do not believe that Mike is better than Gardner.

I hope that the team moves on from Doug quickly after the season ends, he does not need to be coaching any more QB's for this team IMO.

Also James Robinson will be more than likely be out. And that's fine, his health needs to be preserved. He really has been excellent this year and I hope he comes back healthy and has a great season next year. And gets more of the recognition and praise that he deserves. If the Jags win more games next year that should happen.
(12-30-2020, 10:24 AM)mal234 Wrote: [ -> ]Doug is going with Mike Glennon again on Sunday against the Colts. I wish he would have let Gardner play one more time as a starter. I think we could have had a more exciting game with him at the helm, and a better chance of winning. If Gardner had played and beat the Colts, that would have been a nice end before the Jags usher in a new era.

I've said this before but it really does feel like he has something personal against Gardner. He's never  been a big fan of his and now it seems like he really doesn't like him. (I think he's never forgiven Gardner for not disclosing the thumb injury). I do not believe that Mike is better than Gardner.

I don't think Marrone cares at this point. He knows he's done. Everyone on this staff is done, aside from maybe Todd Wash because he's constant like a hemorrhoid. It might be that Marrone wants to go out with a win, and thinks Glennon is the best guy to get it. Could also be Marrone giving Glennon a chance to showcase what little he can do. Minshew is young with starting experience and the right brain for the position, but his arm isn't up to par. Basically, he's the perfect backup. He'll get another job, even if it's not in Jacksonville. Glennon might be to the point of not getting that chance without a little help.

Or it could just be that drawing up a game plan is easier with Glennon, and he and Gruden have chopped down the entire forest of [BLEEP] they had to give on those.
(12-29-2020, 01:22 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]A ragtag team of misfits that has minimal talent and nothing to play for while they wait for the hammer to fall on their coach, the staff and most of their jobs?

Sounds like a recipe for an upset, imo. Play Minshew. Play Robinson if he's able. Dink and dunk them into oblivion. Make Clots fans never forget that they were the only two W's on the Jaguars' schedule the year they "won" Trevor Lawrence. Make them never forget the day they lost for the second time to the 2020 Jaguars, undoubtedly one of the least talented and worst coached teams in modern NFL history.

I like how you think. To be beaten twice by the 2020 Jags who are conference rivals needs to be their legacy for the new decade. Yep, I like it.
Castonzo out for the remainder of the season (ankle surgery).