Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Impact of TL on Jaguars Franchise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This should be required reading for Jacksonville residents. It's a good article which, for once, takes the time to explain the financial side of the league from Shad Khan's perspective. Too many fans and pundits believe Khan makes team decisions in a vacuum in order to shovel more money into his vault without ever taking into consideration the obligations he has to the league.

It also clearly implies that with this godsend of Trevor Lawrence aligning with 'the great reset', along with the financial and developmental opportunity it provides the city, there's never been a better time to be a ticket-buying fan. We're getting an opportunity that few teams realize in their entire existence. If we blow this then we deserve to lose the franchise.
Its exciting. Those tickets should get bought up. Corona should get under control by the start of the season. Jags need a good coaching staff for once and a good gm.
There is gonna be so much pressure on this kid. Hope he is ready for it and can handle it.
This Lot J thing reminds me of my old neighborhood where the golf course owner wanted to force all 550 homes to become social members to support him financially but he wasn't willing to guarantee keeping the club fully private. I think if Khan commits to extending the lease and keeping the team here, city council and tax payers will be more willing to pony up the cash.
(12-28-2020, 09:23 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]There is gonna be so much pressure on this kid. Hope he is ready for it and can handle it.

I think Lawrence has always been built for this kind of situation.

The level of expectations placed on him from middle school -> high school -> college has set him up to navigate and succeed at this level.

Generally, the first overall pick usually has a tremendous amount of pressure placed on them - as the teams who draft there are obviously the bottom dwelling franchises. I have a great deal of reassurance with how he will handle things at this level given his prior experiences.
Dude adds half a billion to the franchise as soon as he's drafted
(12-29-2020, 03:39 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]Dude adds half a billion to the franchise as soon as he's drafted

Yep
Maybe TL can get us a domed stadium. Peyton did it for Indianapolis.
I’ll be flying in for some games next year no doubt. It feels great to truly have a new beginning for this franchise. While Trevor Lawrence is definitely the greatest potential aspect of this, I’m also excited to have a new coach, GM, and new free agent/other draft picks.