Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sliprien
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This dude is the king of taking poor angles. I feel sorry for his girlfriend. I feel bad for Gus. This guy might cost Coach Gus his job. Slipping trying to take the correct angle.

37 must go.

Go Jags!
Quote:This dude is the king of taking poor angles. I feel sorry for his girlfriend. I feel bad for Gus. This guy might cost Coach Gus his job. Slipping trying to take the correct angle.

37 must go.

Go Jags!
He does suck but not the only reason that will cost Gus his job. The main reason being he's not a good coach.
Did we really need ANOTHER thread on this?
Quote:He does suck but not the only reason that will cost Gus his job. The main reason being he's not a good coach.

I like the philosophy Gus brings with him. I like his thinking and establishing of a culture. I just wish it was a winning culture.

My main thing with Gus is, there is a bit too much coach speak blended with his positive spin, which combine to make up excuses. The other thing is, there are too many instances where Gus will express to the media a particular something a couple days b4 a game that they're still looking into or figuring out, when in my mind, that particular something should already be figured out. LIKE BENCHING 37 THIS WEEK
I need 5 more Cyprien and about 34 more fire Bradley threads.

Quote:Did we really need ANOTHER thread on this?

I dont think anyone (even the ever so clever Jerrard) has referred to Cyprien as Sliprien. Notice what I did there. Wink
Quote:I need 5 more Cyprien and about 34 more fire Bradley threads.

Im all out. Sorry.

We do have some "In Gus We Trust" threads in back inventory if you'd like me to fetch that for u.
Quote:I dont think anyone (even the ever so clever Jerrard) has referred to Cyprien as Sliprien. Notice what I did there. Wink

I prefer Craprien.
It's no secret that I'm no fan of Cyp... but he'll have nothing to do with Gus losing his job.  Gus is going to do that just fine on his own.

Cyp WILL lose his own job this next offseason though.  I fully expected him to be gone this past round, but you can only plug so many holes and upgrade so many positions each year, and he slipped through.

I had actually wondered if they were going to give Jack time at SS just to get him on the field, since he's definitely got the athleticism and skillset to play the position (let's be fair, there's few he can't play lol) but in reality that's short-sighted unless they converted him permanently... still not the worst idea... I dunno.

Cyps' bad, but Gus has bigger issues than a terrible SS.

Quote:I prefer Craprien.

See Man. Mr.Reliable Big Grin
Quote:It's no secret that I'm no fan of Cyp... but he'll have nothing to do with Gus losing his job. Gus is going to do that just fine on his own.

Cyp WILL lose his own job this next offseason though. I fully expected him to be gone this past round, but you can only plug so many holes and upgrade so many positions each year, and he slipped through.

I had actually wondered if they were going to give Jack time at SS just to get him on the field, since he's definitely got the athleticism and skillset to play the position (let's be fair, there's few he can't play lol) but in reality that's short-sighted unless they converted him permanently... still not the worst idea... I dunno.

Cyps' bad, but Gus has bigger issues than a terrible SS.

No Doubt. Was just watching inside the NFL, seeing Mike McCoy slap his O-coordinator on the back, telling him "good job.. great gameplanning.. you picked em apart".

Yeah. Gus be gettin out coached for sure.
Here's an opinion question that comes to mind that relates to this thread:

Dave Caldwell did an outstanding job with the Jaguars 2014 Draft and the addition of WR Allen Hurns as an UDRFA.   The last two Jaguars drafts certainly have the potential to produce very good results.   Yet,  Caldwell's first draft didn't turn out the way the Jaguars and team's fan base hoped it would.

The question that I would be interesting in your input in is how much do you believe the Jaguars current situation  ( especially the Chargers game )  was a result of the disappointing results from Dave Caldwell's first draft compared to coaching issues with the team's overall available talent through the first 2 games?

I personally think that when we get our new coach that Cyprien will take off.

He's not as bad as everyone portrays him to be.

He runs a lot of plays down. He can get sideline to sideline. He doesn't play the ball in the air very well. He misses a tackle here and there.

But overall he's an average strong safety that ain't afraid to hit.

I think he's in a bad scheme.
Quote:Here's an opinion question that comes to mind that relates to this thread:

Dave Caldwell did an outstanding job with the Jaguars 2014 Draft and the addition of WR Allen Hurns as an UDRFA.   The last two Jaguars drafts certainly have the potential to produce very good results.   Yet,  Caldwell's first draft didn't turn out the way the Jaguars and team's fan base hoped it would.

The question that I would be interesting in your input in is how much do you believe the Jaguars current situation  ( especially the Chargers game )  was a result of the disappointing results from Dave Caldwell's first draft compared to coaching issues with the team's overall available talent through the first 2 games?
Yeah he certainly missed on every single pick, but that 2013 draft supposedly was a hard one. The only player I wanted from that draft was Honey Badger, but if he would of came to Jacksonville he probably would have gotten in trouble. Being with his mentor Patrick Peterson is probably what saved him. Still, taking Gratz in front of him still irks me. 
Quote:Yeah he certainly missed on every single pick, but that 2013 draft supposedly was a hard one. The only player I wanted from that draft was Honey Badger, but if he would of came to Jacksonville he probably would have gotten in trouble. Being with his mentor Patrick Peterson is probably what saved him. Still, taking Gratz in front of him still irks me. 

Excellent point about Patrick Peterson's presence being a huge key in Tyrann Mathieu getting things turned around off the field.   

Going into the draft,  the risk with Mathieu seemed very high,  though a case can be made that the risk / reward was favorable in Round 3.   For myself,  when it comes to high character risk players,  I prefer to err on the cautious side but there's certainly many ways of putting together an NFL team.
Quote:I personally think that when we get our new coach that Cyprien will take off.

He's not as bad as everyone portrays him to be.

He runs a lot of plays down. He can get sideline to sideline. He doesn't play the ball in the air very well. He misses a tackle here and there.

But overall he's an average strong safety that ain't afraid to hit.

I think he's in a bad scheme.

Please. Cyprien has had every opportunity to be a good player.

He is bad at basic fundamentals of football. Won't stick around much longer if he doesn't improve in that area.

Look at the Antonio Gates touchdown. Throws his shoulder into him and Gates bounces right off of him. It is pathetic.
Quote:  Excellent point about Patrick Peterson's presence being a huge key in Tyrann Mathieu getting things turned around off the field.   

Going into the draft,  the risk with Mathieu seemed very high,  though a case can be made that the risk / reward was favorable in Round 3.   For myself,  when it comes to high character risk players,  I prefer to err on the cautious side but there's certainly many ways of putting together an NFL team.
ESPECIALLY since I remember, (I remember because how ironic the date is) Blackmon got suspended on 4/20 and the draft was within like a week or something from that date. It was Caldwell's first draft, no way he would have took a risk like Mathieu. I don't really remember many other players from that draft I really wanted. Jarvis Jones was a player I liked from Georgia, but then all that knee stuff came out and he has been pretty much a bust. 
Well he misses some tackles but he's also second in combined tackles at 16 so if he makes his couple missed tackles a game he'd be leading the team.