Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Fall to 28th in Power Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After coming in 21st in these rankings last week, the Jaguars fell to 28th, which would give us another top 5 pick. Do you think we will turn it around? Are we really worse than the Rams, Dolphins, and Saints? Because I was hoping we would be a top 15 team this year and push for a playoff spot, at least based on our roster.

We were horrid Sunday. Seems generous to me honestly.
We're 0-2. Not sure what you were expecting to happen.
Is this THE freddy T?
We're on our way .... to Jabrill Peppers.
Quote:After coming in 21st in <a class="bbc_url" href='http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php'>these rankings</a> last week, the Jaguars fell to 28th, which would give us another top 5 pick. Do you think we will turn it around? Are we really worse than the Rams, Dolphins, and Saints? Because I was hoping we would be a top 15 team this year and push for a playoff spot, at least based on our roster.

Are we worse than Saints? Yes, we are just like them but a poor mans version

Rams? Their D is legit and so are their RB, I think they are better.

MIami? Okay okay, Miami is there to make us feel better since we wont be the worst team in Florida with them around.
Quote:Are we worse than Saints? Yes, we are just like them but a poor mans version

Rams? Their D is legit and so are their RB, I think they are better.

MIami? Okay okay, Miami is there to make us feel better since we wont be the worst team in Florida with them around.

After what I saw last Sunday against the Chargers, I would say we are more like an unshaven, unshowered, crazy, unkempt bearded homeless man's version more then a poor man's version of the Saints.

Now with a better showing on Sunday, the Jags could move up to a poor man's version, but let's see how the game goes on Sunday first.

Also, after what I saw on Sunday, I don't know how the Jags aren't ranked 32 and seriously in danger of falling out of the power ranking completely.
It's fair. I expect that the team will improve this season. After being knifed out by the officials at home against Green Bay and only losing by four points. And after getting man handled on the West Coast (Predictable, like I said last week before the game, when have we ever had success out West as a football team?). This team can go either way performance wise on a weekly basis. So we'll see. If they lay another egg though this Sunday though. To quote James Maynard from one of Tool's songs called "Flood". "I thought Gus Bradley was there divine destiny. I was wrong. This changes everything". 

Quote:After what I saw last Sunday against the Chargers, I would say we are more like an unshaven, unshowered, crazy, unkempt bearded homeless man's version more then a poor man's version of the Saints.

Now with a better showing on Sunday, the Jags could move up to a poor man's version, but let's see how the game goes on Sunday first.

Also, after what I saw on Sunday, I don't know how the Jags aren't ranked 32 and seriously in danger of falling out of the power ranking completely.
If we come out flat on Sunday at the start, I think no matter what during the bye week Gus is gone.
Considering the drafts and FA pickups the Jags have had....to come out at SD and play they did...

I think the team has hit a new low point.  Wallbash

Quote:We were horrid Sunday. Seems generous to me honestly.

That's how I feel, too. The packers aren't looking as elite as everyone thought they were, too.

At the beginning of the season I came up with seven wins for the team in the sixteen game schedule, which is the kind of record that should get Gus fired at the end of the year. Sunday's game should have gotten him fired at the end of his post game comments.
NEVER link to Walter Football.

We've acquired some top rookies this past draft. The problem is that most people focus on the word 'top' and forget 'rookies'. With most rookies, even very good ones, it takes some time to adjust to the pro level game and learn their position responsibilities. 'Time' might be as short as a few games or one or more whole seasons.

It was/is an unrealistic expectation (fueled by media hype) that just because we've acquired some good rookies (at least on paper) and one or two free agents (who were good elsewhere) that they would come here and turn this program around right away... if ever. Rookies are just bundles of potential; they might be potentially great, or potentially duds. Too many of our free agent acquisitions have turned out to be very disappointing; largely here to get a 'paid vacation'. We've seen it here before too often.

The probability is that some of our new 'talent' will be fairly decent players; not world stoppers, but good. Some will simply turn out to be a waste of time and money. A very select and elite few may prove (in time) to be pro-bowl caliber players; they are the exception, not the norm. It's like mining for gold; you have to go through a whole lot of gravel before you find a nugget.

Let's see what happens the next couple of games... especially the one in London. I think that's our best chance at a first win. If we go into the bye at 0-4... well, lets just say it won't be a career enhancing fact for the HC. The game in San Diego might just be an anomaly. Let's hope so, because there is no excuse for that kind of dismal performance anymore.

We'll see.

Yeesh!

As it looks right now, the Jags are going to have to win at least several games which (after that San Dieago travisty) looks to be highly in question if they hope to reach the 'lofty' goal of at least an 8-8 season. For starters, they are going to probably need to sweep the tacks and the colts. It would help a lot if they could pull out just one win over the tinhorns but that is a low probability. I think that instead they are going to need one or two more wins against teams like the lions or maybe the vikings to make it to 8-8. That sorry performance in San Diego sure has undermined my hope for a decent season. Let's hope things get fixed real quick or we're going to be looking at another 5-11 season... and a new head coach at the end of the season (if not sooner).

About 4 spots too high. We are worse than the Browns. We are the Bengals of the 90s, some of us just don't know it yet.
On nfl.com we are 30th lol.. So this one is better.

33rd wasn't an option apparently.

Quote:33rd wasn't an option apparently.

Are you sure? I thought we were behind Louisville.

Quote:Are you sure? I thought we were behind Louisville.

Man I wish Vic were still here. You know he would actually do that in the power rankings in a heart beat
That seems generous. So naturally we will beat the Ravens

Pages: 1 2