Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Artist and Bands that should be in the Rock-n-Roll HoF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a break from politics and the team's main page so this is my attempt.  Who do you think should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that currently is not?  I had the honor of visiting those hallowed halls back in July and was moved by all of the history of music.  I arrived shortly after they opened and they shooed me out as they were closing the doors.  If you enjoy music I strongly recommend putting it on your bucket list and giving yourself 2 days to take it all in. I am anxious to return to finish my tour.  With that said, here is whom I hope to see when I do return:

1.  Iron Maiden:  If Black Sabbath invented Heavy Metal then Iron Maiden has reinvented it.  With all due respect to Metallica, Iron Maiden should have been inducted long before them.  They are still out there selling out arena's (40 years mind you) and killing it with their current Book of Souls Tour.  That 3 guitar assault and those timely lyrics are long over due to be inducted.

2.  Ronnie James Dio:  From Rainbow to fronting Black Sabbath after Ozzy left and his solo career, Dio is more than deserving.  With his unique and powerful voice I can't imagine why they will have waited to nominate him after his passing.  He should have had the honor and accolades while he was still with us.

3.  Lita Ford:  The Runaways were one of the first if not the first female metal band.  Joan Jett is in because she had a couple of pop/rock hits in the 80's.  Lita Ford never gave up her roots for popularity and much like Iron Maiden the lady is still out there being true to metal and touring non-stop.

My top 3, who are yours?

Pretty much everyone I can think of is in. Rush deserved it forever, but finally got recignized.

Iron Maiden would be the only one that I think seriously deserves it.

Smashing Pumpkins should probably be also. They're kind of on the fringe however.
Dio isn't in?

That's a shame.
The Cure, The Moody Blues, Yes, The Cars, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Jethro Tull, Electric Light Orchestra, Judas Priest, Dire Straits, The Guess Who, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, The Doobie Brothers, Iron Maiden, Ted Nugent
Thin Lizzy headed by the legendary Phil Lynott.
Thin Lizzy ABSOLUTELY needs to be in the HOF. I am going to go out on a limb here and say Tool at some point should be recognized. They take their sweet you know what time with recording and releasing new material but when they do it's pretty impressive and it's very raw and in your face. It's been ten long years since we've had anything else from them. But the four albums they did record are great. Maynard is also pretty solid with what he's done with A Perfect Circle as well. 

Alice in Chains and Faith No More.

Motorhead......

They churned out some of the heaviest of the heavy for 40 years.......

Lemmy Lives!

I know y'all will think bands like Journey and Styx don't make the grade, but I feel they deserve a look. If Cheap Trick deserves the nod, maybe a band like Kansas does too.  And I'd like to see prog-rockers Yes and ELP get inducted.

I was genuinely surprised to find that Johnny Rivers isn't already in.

And like most of you, I think Iron Maiden is the metal band most worthy of induction.  Glen Danzig might be worth a look, too.

How about punk pioneers Black Flag?

Here is an interesting link about who is not in:

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/The_Snub_List.php

Quote:I know y'all will think bands like Journey and Styx don't make the grade, but I feel they deserve a look. If Cheap Trick deserves the nod, maybe a band like Kansas does too.  And I'd like to see prog-rockers Yes and ELP get inducted.

I was genuinely surprised to find that Johnny Rivers isn't already in.

And like most of you, I think Iron Maiden is the metal band most worthy of induction.  Glen Danzig might be worth a look, too.

How about punk pioneers Black Flag?

As much as I choke while saying it, Journey is worthy of consideration. I agree with Yes. I'd add The Doobie Brothers and Gram Parsons.
Quote:Here is an interesting link about who is not in:

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/The_Snub_List.php
Good list.

I think Bad Company and Smiths would be the call from it.

I'd easily dismiss about a quarter of that bunch, though (Blur? Really?).
Quote:Good list.

I think Bad Company and Smiths would be the call from it.

I'd easily dismiss about a quarter of that bunch, though (Blur? Really?).
I am with you.  A lot of those "snubs" really are not worthy.
Quote:As much as I choke while saying it, Journey is worthy of consideration. I agree with Yes. I'd add The Doobie Brothers and Gram Parsons.
I find it funny how people of our generation have such disdain for Journey and yet can sing every one of their songs.  Maybe we should swallow our pride and just admit Journey is/was the King of Arena Rock and has a place in the Hall, and we actually liked them.  ;-)
The fact that it took Rush so long to get in convinces me the R&R HoF is a joke.

Quote:I find it funny how people of our generation have such disdain for Journey and yet can sing every one of their songs.  Maybe we should swallow our pride and just admit Journey is/was the King of Arena Rock and has a place in the Hall, and we actually liked them.  ;-)

The reason for my familiarity with Journey's body of work is the source of my disdain. Late 70s - 80s radio and MTV hammered us with Steve Perry every 15 minutes. A man can only take so much.
I'm not sure what criteria the HOF uses to put bands into the club but it makes no sense to me bands like Deep Purple, Kansas, Doobie Brothers, Moody Blues, ELP are not in.

BTW, Kansas first album of new material in 16 years came out TODAY. It's called Prelude Implicit. It's vintage Kansas.

Carry On......................

Regards...............the Chiefjag