Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thank you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I’ve been critical of Ramsey in the past and I still don’t really care for him as a person.  The disdain grew largely out of his shenanigans his last year here and the unprofessionalism displayed in forcing his way out.  However, I’ve had a change of heart.  I think we may owe him a debt of gratitude.  

There were several factors that led to us earning the #1 overall pick, but I don’t think any of them own as much of the share of responsibility as Ramsey forcing his way out in 2019.  That was the first and biggest domino that fell that led to us being on the clock at the conclusion of this season.  If he’s still here this year, no way are we in this position and at presumably just the right time.  And as good as Jalen is at football, he’s no where near as valuable as a perennial top tier quarterback, something this team has never really had.  Certainly, at least, not since Brunell who was probably more good than great.

So I say, thank you Jalen. Although the #1 pick wasn’t officially part of the compensation in your trade, clearly I’m assigning some residual value to it.  And the value of contributing to landing #1 overall dwarfs the value of whatever that other 1st round pick winds up being.  So I now release you from my disdain.  I’ll take the higher pick that comes from a Rams early exit from the playoffs if it happens, but my rooting against the Rams and Ramsey days are over with.  Those of you who were also in this camp, please join me.
Ok to root for him & them starting next year, a higher draft pick is still up in the air.
(01-08-2021, 09:49 PM)pwgj2882 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok to root for him & them starting next year, a higher draft pick is still up in the air.

Just to clarify, I’m not rooting for him or the Rams and won’t be next year or beyond either.  I just don’t really care if they advance or not.  In my mind, we’ve already reaped way more value from the trade than what he was worth.
Not to mention he lost to the 0-13 Jets. While AD was destroying the Jets oline Jalen did nothing to help his team beat the winless Jets
Ramsey still a little [BLEEP]
As a person, hes a bit of a d-head.

But damn I wish we still had him on our team, whoever we take with the rams pick isn't going to compare likely.. and chaisson looks to be garbage.
Ramsey was one of the reasons we got into this mess but yes something great will come out of it. From the destruction of that great 2017 team comes what we will see in 2021 and beyond
(01-09-2021, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]As a person, hes a bit of a d-head.

But damn I wish we still had him on our team, whoever we take with the rams pick isn't going to compare likely.. and chaisson looks to be garbage.

Chaisson was one of the better pass rushers in the league the last quarter of the season
Sometimes you have to burn down a forest for it to come back even stronger. Thanks for the memories JR, but we are now moving towards long term and sustained success in your absence; something we likely would have never seen had you stuck around. Cheers
(01-08-2021, 09:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve been critical of Ramsey in the past and I still don’t really care for him as a person.  The disdain grew largely out of his shenanigans his last year here and the unprofessionalism displayed in forcing his way out.  However, I’ve had a change of heart.  I think we may owe him a debt of gratitude.  

Are you [BLEEP] kidding me?  The dude quit on us, making up an injury, hanging out in TN during our games.  Ramsey is an idiot and if he tears his ACL today, I won't be upset.

Just in case anyone is wondering what my stance is on Ramsey, I really don't like him.
Jalen Ramsey is certainly not a star in the character department.
(01-09-2021, 10:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2021, 09:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve been critical of Ramsey in the past and I still don’t really care for him as a person.  The disdain grew largely out of his shenanigans his last year here and the unprofessionalism displayed in forcing his way out.  However, I’ve had a change of heart.  I think we may owe him a debt of gratitude.  

Are you [BLEEP] kidding me?  The dude quit on us, making up an injury, hanging out in TN during our games.  Ramsey is an idiot and if he tears his ACL today, I won't be upset.

Just in case anyone is wondering what my stance is on Ramsey, I really don't like him.

Yes and if you read the rest of my post all that crap contributed significantly to landing #1 overall this year.  Simple question:  which would you rather have?  The #1 pick in the Trevor Lawrence draft plus Chaisson and another late 1st this year or Jalen Ramsey and let’s say the 7th pick in the Trevor Lawrence draft?  And that’s being generous on assuming 7th as I believe it would likely be later than that.

The answer is pretty clear to me.  If Jalen instead decides he’s happy and committed here, there’s no way we end up with a content Jalen AND the #1 pick this year.  Jalen had a big part in setting our current path in motion and may have unwittingly helped set us up for a decade or more of sustained success if Lawrence is what he’s supposed to be.
Ramsey is a batch, we don't owe him anything. The [BLEEP] can't even form a proper sentence
[BLEEP] him
(01-09-2021, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]As a person, hes a bit of a d-head.

Chaisson was one of the better pass rushers in the league the last quarter of the season

What a stupid post. Are you not aware that 21 year edge rushers are meant to get 15+ sacks in their rookie season to be even competent? ??

Seriously, how people have written Chaisson off already is a joke.
(01-13-2021, 04:34 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Chaisson was one of the better pass rushers in the league the last quarter of the season

What a stupid post. Are you not aware that 21 year edge rushers are meant to get 15+ sacks in their rookie season to be even competent? ??

Seriously, how people have written Chaisson off already is a joke.

I agree.  Oh an ramsey can eat a bag of.....!

OP you are probably correct in your logic.
Ramsey who?
The Jags are way better without
that bleep
You should understand Ramsey wanted to leave and left because our GM and all coaches were terrible. It really seem like they didn't want to win. He saw the disfunction and got out after doing his part of helping us get to the AFC championship. I don't understand how yall are still so mad at him, don't we all now know that Caldwell didn't know what he was doing, Marrone and Wash were both terrible? He saw what I saw after the Patriots game, when all of the coaches should have been fired.

And another thing I don't get, i am happy we are getting the 1st pick and hopefully Trevor Lawrence is the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning but we had a defense that were being compared to some of the greatest defenses ever. If we kept the same defense and built up on that, we could have been good for a while and had the opportunity to pickup Lamar Jackson instead of Taven Bryan which could have brought us right back to the AFC championship game again.. possibly the super bowl. Just want to know why everyone feels like defenses can't win or get to super bowls when we were pretty much there and would have won (if wasn't for the terrible play calling) and that a good QB guarantees a super bowl?

I wonder if you yall would have rather win 1 super bowl in 7 to 8 years and be a dominate team for 5 to 6 of the years and mediocre for 2 to 3 if front office handled the off seasons well or a team that is consistently good..maybe 10-6,11-5 for those years but never win a super bowl?
Tl;dr but I got the gist. I agree the Ramsey situation was painful and as a FSU fan that one hurt. But with out everything up to this point happening in the order it did, we would not be in the position to make the moves we are about to make. So for that, I suppose we have a few thanks to give.

Here are a few more
Gus
Foles
Boat
Yannick
Caldwell
Todd wash
Bologna Doug
I personally don’t hold anything against Ramsey.

The guy is a natural born winner, you can tell that from his attitude and I think it’s what we all loved, but the sad fact is that the Jags have been natural born losers for the last 10 years. It’s clearly not a good fit.

As above poster has mentioned, the coaching and GM has been pathetic for so long. We can see that from the outside looking in, but imagine having to deal with that day in day out, it would frustrate me as well.
Pages: 1 2