Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hire, Fire, Retain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No long descriptions just straight up preferred options/scenarios for the off season;

GM: Mike Borgonzi

HC: Brian Daboll

OC: Undecided
DC: Undecided 

Free agents re-signed:
Cole 
Shatley
Smoot 
S.Jones

Outright Cut:
Bryan 

Trade and value:
Minshew - 4th round Pick 

Free Agent signings:
LT - Trent Williams
DL - Leonard Williams
CB - Richard Sherman
S - Marcus Williams

Based on the above - biggest needs in draft:
QB, OT, DL, TE, S 

First 5 picks of the draft (in order):
QB Trevor Lawrence 
DL Christian Barmore 
TE Pat Freiermuth
OT Liam Eichenberg
S Paris Ford 
(Sort of based on what I think will happen)

GM: Jeff Ireland

HC: Urban Meyer

OC: Scott Linehan
DC: Teryl Austin

Free agents re-signed:
Cole
Shatley
Smoot
S.Jones

Outright Cut:
Bryan

Free Agent signings:
LT - Trent Williams or Trent Brown
DE - Trey Hendrickson
WR/RB - Curtis Samuel
S - Malik Hooker

QB Trevor Lawrence
DL Christian Barmore
TE Pat Freiermuth
DB Shaun Wade
OL Trey Smith
GM: Scott Peoli

HC: Urban Meyer

OC: Tom Herman
DC: Wade Phillips

Free agents re-signed:
Cole 
Shatley
S.Jones

Outright Cut:
Bryant 
Hayden

Free Agent signings:
DE - Leonard Williams
FS - Justin Simmons
OG- Brandon Scherff

Trade
OJ Howard for AJ Cann and six round draft pick

First 5 picks of the draft (in order):
QB Trevor Lawrence 
DB Shaun Wade
OL Trey Smith
SS Andre Sisco
DL Christian Barmore
Obviously, I would have to have interviews before I made my final decision, but as it stands now......

GM: Ed Dodds

HC: Brian Daboll

OC: Who ever Daboll wants
DC: Who ever Daboll wants

Free agents re-signed:
Keelan Cole
Tyler Shatley
Dawuane Smoot
SIdney Jones

Outright Cut:
Taven Bryan

Trade and value:
None

Free Agent signings:
LT - Trent Williams
DL - Leonard Williams
QB- Andy Dalton
S - Justin Simmons
TE- Jonnu Smith

Based on the above - biggest needs in draft:
QB, OT, CB, Edge Rusher, OG, ILB, S, RB

QB Trevor Lawrence
CB Jaycee Horn
OT Liam Eichenberg
DT Jaylen Twyman
S Paris Ford
I'd like to see two offensive linemen in Free Agency.
These choices are what I hope will happen, with the exception of Meyer- who would not be my top choice for coach.

Coach: Urban Meyer

G.M. : Jeff Ireland

O.C. Scott Linehan

D.C.: Someone who will utilize mostly a 3-4 defense

Free agents:

Leonard Williams

Justin Simmons

Jonnu Smith

Franchise Tag:

Cam Robinson

Re-Sign:

Cole

Jones

Smoot

Shatley

Release:

Bryan

Hayden

Draft:

1. Trevor Lawrence

1b. Rondale Moore

2. Pat Freirmuth

2b Jalen Mayfield

3. Jaylen Twyman
Why would we franchise Robinson?

[Image: giphy.gif]
If we can't getva really good LT in the FA. Franchise Robinsin to show exactly who he is. As he lost a uear to ACL. He looked better last year than the year after. And give him a year awith a real QB see what he is.
Richard Sherman? franchise Cam Robinson? Jeff Ireland? LOL
(01-09-2021, 01:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Why would we franchise Robinson?

Because we need a LT...duh. Robinson is better than most give him credit for. Secondly, we have plenty of cap space. Thirdly, Cam is better than your man crush Darrisaw.  Fourthly, there's no guarantee that Williams will sign with us
I think when it comes to free agents, obviously we want good/great players, but this team is so young, more importantly it needs experience. We lost Calais who would have provided that on the D. I picked Sherman because of his experience and influence he could have on this team.
(01-09-2021, 04:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 01:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Why would we franchise Robinson?

Because we need a LT...duh. Robinson is better than most give him credit for. Secondly, we have plenty of cap space. Thirdly, Cam is better than your man crush Darrisaw.  Fourthly, there's no guarantee that Williams will sign with us
Yes, this was exactly my thinking. No doubt, the jury is still out whether Cam can be the long-term answer at left tackle. By franchising him, they will only be over-paying him one year if he doesn't improve. Who's to say that a new offensive line coach, head coach and franchise quarterback won't help his further development? Also, I drafted Mayfield in the 2nd round to eventually replace Cam if necessary. He's raw, but has potential to be a very good NFL left tackle.
(01-09-2021, 04:26 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 04:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]Because we need a LT...duh. Robinson is better than most give him credit for. Secondly, we have plenty of cap space. Thirdly, Cam is better than your man crush Darrisaw.  Fourthly, there's no guarantee that Williams will sign with us
Yes, this was exactly my thinking. No doubt, the jury is still out whether Cam can be the long-term answer at left tackle. By franchising him, they will only be over-paying him one year if he doesn't improve. Who's to say that a new offensive line coach, head coach and franchise quarterback won't help his further development? Also, I drafted Mayfield in the 2nd round to eventually replace Cam if necessary. He's raw, but has potential to be a very good NFL left tackle.

IMO, Mayfield projects to RT. There's no clear cut LTs in this draft class outside of Sewell. Yet another reason to hold onto Cam Robinson
(01-09-2021, 01:49 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]If we can't getva really good LT in the FA.  Franchise Robinsin to show exactly who he is. As he lost a uear to ACL.  He looked better last year than the year after. And give him a year awith a real QB see what he is.

We know what he is. He sucks.

(01-09-2021, 04:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]

No, he's not. He sucks. I have no man crush on Darrisaw. If he's there with our second pick, I probably take him. If not I happily take Eichenberg. I have them graded almost equally and both are miles better than Robinson.
(01-09-2021, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 01:49 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]If we can't getva really good LT in the FA.  Franchise Robinsin to show exactly who he is. As he lost a uear to ACL.  He looked better last year than the year after. And give him a year awith a real QB see what he is.

We know what he is. He sucks.

(01-09-2021, 04:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]Because we need a LT...duh. Robinson is better than most give him credit for. Secondly, we have plenty of cap space. Thirdly, Cam is better than your man crush Darrisaw.  Fourthly, there's no guarantee that Williams will sign with us

No, he's not. He sucks. I have no man crush on Darrisaw. If he's there with our second pick, I probably take him. If not I happily take Eichenberg. I have them graded almost equally and both are miles better than Robinson.

You're like the Mikesez of the political forum in terms of player evaluations. No [BLEEP] clue whatsoever
I’m all for Urban Meyer.
(01-09-2021, 05:18 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]We know what he is. He sucks.

You're like the Mikesez of the political forum in terms of player evaluations. No [BLEEP] clue whatsoever

Stop.. You're going to make him convulsive again..
(01-09-2021, 05:18 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]We know what he is. He sucks.

I hope you wear this as a badge of honor! I'd love to be the olinematters of the politics forum! Always coming at them with not just a different opinion, but a reason for that opinion.  Going with crowd opinion gets you Leonard Fournette and Hugh Douglas.
(01-09-2021, 09:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 05:18 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]You're like the Mikesez of the political forum in terms of player evaluations. No [BLEEP] clue whatsoever

I hope you wear this as a badge of honor! I'd love to be the olinematters of the politics forum! Always coming at them with not just a different opinion, but a reason for that opinion.  Going with crowd opinion gets you Leonard Fournette and Hugh Douglas.

You want to eat with sporks and wear velcro shoes?
(01-09-2021, 09:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 09:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you wear this as a badge of honor! I'd love to be the olinematters of the politics forum! Always coming at them with not just a different opinion, but a reason for that opinion.  Going with crowd opinion gets you Leonard Fournette and Hugh Douglas.

You want to eat with sporks and wear velcro shoes?

Lol. What do utensils and footwear have to do with "the home team"?
Pages: 1 2