Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If you could pick any player in the league to be on the Jags other than QB who would?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It be?

Aaron Donald easily for me.  I was a huge Warren Sapp fan but AD is the best defensive tackle of all time imo.  I think you could put him on any defense in the league and he would make them a top 10 D.  Even when doubled teams usually can't stop him and some times triple teamed
Lets up the ante, you can't pick a previously chosen player..

DeAndre Hopkins..
Jalen Ramsey

[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-10-2021, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Jalen Ramsey

Hated, but can't argue with the pick..
(01-10-2021, 11:38 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2021, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Jalen Ramsey

Hated, but can't argue with the pick..

I'm half joking, but his you'll find his name on lots of lists if you search "MVP candidates."
I'd probably take Tredavious White or another stud corner w/o all the baggage before Jalen.
Aaron Donald would be the obvious answer, but he's nearly 30 years old, so I'd be tempted to take DeForest Bruckner. He's younger and is just coming into his own as a player and he's already one of the elite DT's in the NFL. You can't go wrong with either one.
(01-10-2021, 11:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2021, 11:38 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Hated, but can't argue with the pick..

I'm half joking, but his you'll find his name on lots of lists if you search "MVP candidates."
I'd probably take Tredavious White or another stud corner w/o all the baggage before Jalen.

Like this one?

https://twitter.com/LazardSzn13/status/1...12961?s=09
(01-10-2021, 11:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Aaron Donald would be the obvious answer, but he's nearly 30 years old, so I'd be tempted to take DeForest Bruckner. He's younger and is just coming into his own as a player and he's already one of the elite DT's in the NFL. You can't go wrong with either one.

Buckner is about to be 27.  30 isnt that old, hes a DT not a RB.  If I go 2nd i might take Kittle
Derrick Henry
Quinton Nelson
Myles Garrett
Justin Jefferson so he can grow with Trevor Lawrence
(01-10-2021, 11:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]It be?

Aaron Donald easily for me.  I was a huge Warren Sapp fan but AD is the best defensive tackle of all time imo.  I think you could put him on any defense in the league and he would make them a top 10 D.  Even when doubled teams usually can't stop him and some times triple teamed

After watching last night, and remembering him against us, I have to agree.  The man cannot be blocked.  He's on the same level as Reggie White.
(01-10-2021, 12:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Myles Garrett

Over Chase Young? .naw
"Troy Aikman Made A Big Proclamation About Aaron Donald" https://thespun-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v...ron-donald
Well I know I was a big Wirfs guy going into last year's draft and he has been a stud T for Tampa. We could certainly use him to protect Lawrence.
(01-10-2021, 12:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2021, 12:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Myles Garrett

Over Chase Young? .naw

Yeah because Young is clearly better  Confused
Trent Williams.

Gotta protect Trevor Lawrence.
If we can't pick a previous choice, I'll go with a unconventional pick with Derrick Henry.

If so, either Ramsey or Donald.
Since Donald is already 30 and expensive, I think Chase Young is the right answer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4