Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How we see the left and the right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw these two comments somewhere else and it got me to thinking about how we see the left and the right. 

"The job of the left is to make mistakes, the job of the right is to make sure nobody fixes them."

"The extreme left tries to take some statues down while the right refuses to accept anything bad happened."

Is this how people in general see the left and the right? How would you rephrase these comments? Or what would your comparisons of the two look like? I am genuinely curious.
The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.

P. J. O'Rourke
Two sides of the same coin.
Yep.
(01-16-2021, 11:33 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I saw these two comments somewhere else and it got me to thinking about how we see the left and the right. 

"The job of the left is to make mistakes, the job of the right is to make sure nobody fixes them."

"The extreme left tries to take some statues down while the right refuses to accept anything bad happened."

Is this how people in general see the left and the right? How would you rephrase these comments? Or what would your comparisons of the two look like? I am genuinely curious.

As a registered Independent, I couldn't phrase this any better than those two examples. Those are EXACTLY how I feel about Liberals and Conservatives and why I refuse to be aligned with either side. I believe most people feel this way, but since we live in a country with a two party system, they believe they have to align themselves with one or the other. Each side thinks they are right on every issue and both take hardline stances on everything, which is why nothing ever gets done. The two party system just does not work, but I don't see anything changing anytime soon. People just seem to be getting more extremists on both sides.
A collection of grifters that pick a certain side of the same coin in order to get rich off of dividing the populace.
Communist and cowards
I see the mom in the left that wants to nurture, include, and insulate, and the dad on the right that wants independence, strength, and security. Ideally the mom and dad would work together to provide a nice home, but they are going through a divorce. The mom is sleeping with the dad's friends just because she can, and the dad just wants to make it out without losing the house. Unfortunately, the lawyers are working together to take both for everything they have.
(01-16-2021, 09:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I see the mom in the left that wants to nurture, include, and insulate, and the dad on the right that wants independence, strength, and security. Ideally the mom and dad would work together to provide a nice home, but they are going through a divorce. The mom is sleeping with the dad's friends just because she can, and the dad just wants to make it out without losing the house. Unfortunately, the lawyers are working together to take both for everything they have.

Dads schtuping the babysitter.
(01-16-2021, 10:58 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2021, 09:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I see the mom in the left that wants to nurture, include, and insulate, and the dad on the right that wants independence, strength, and security. Ideally the mom and dad would work together to provide a nice home, but they are going through a divorce. The mom is sleeping with the dad's friends just because she can, and the dad just wants to make it out without losing the house. Unfortunately, the lawyers are working together to take both for everything they have.

Dads schtuping the babysitter.

Who is Adam Schiff’s sister.
(01-16-2021, 04:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]A collection of grifters that pick a certain side of the same coin in order to get rich off of dividing the populace.

You sir, get a plus one. Very correct, you are.
Republicans are the party for making you rich off of middle class labor white blaming all of society's problems on the lower class Democrats.

Democrats are for helping the poor by way of taxing the middle class and blaming society's problems on rich Republicans.

Either situation pivots on the existence of a functioning middle class, yet they work together to keep us divided so that they maintain the power. And because of the division that we have accepted/fostered/voted in to place, they (Dems & Reps) get exactly what they want... Money/power.

Left wing?..... Right wing?..... SAME BIRD!
(01-17-2021, 08:21 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: [ -> ]Republicans are the party for making you rich off of middle class labor white blaming all of society's problems on the lower class Democrats.

Democrats are for helping the poor by way of taxing the middle class and blaming society's problems on rich Republicans.

Either situation pivots on the existence of a functioning middle class, yet they work together to keep us divided so that they maintain the power. And because of the division that we have accepted/fostered/voted in to place, they (Dems & Reps) get exactly what they want... Money/power.

Left wing?..... Right wing?..... SAME BIRD!

Yeah you'd think both sides would treat the middle class well. Instead they treat us like the redheaded stepchildren.
(01-16-2021, 04:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]A collection of grifters that pick a certain side of the same coin in order to get rich off of dividing the populace.

That's more of a description of the media than it is of politicians.  Rush Limbaugh makes hundreds of millions of dollars in the polarization business.  

Politicians crave power over money.  They could make a lot more money outside of politics.
(01-19-2021, 01:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

That's more of a description of the media than it is of politicians.  Rush Limbaugh makes hundreds of millions of dollars in the polarization business.  

Politicians crave power over money.  They could make a lot more money outside of politics.

No way!  If you eliminated the kick backs sure but, no way!

Never met a rich politician huh? My state is flush with them.
I’m pretty sure Obama wasn’t buying that beach house on Martha’s Vineyard before he got into politics.
(01-19-2021, 02:34 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m pretty sure Obama wasn’t buying that beach house on Martha’s Vineyard before he got into politics.

$11.75M

Then there was the Clinton Foundation...

Mitch McConnell and his wife make a pretty penny off the Chicoms. 

Maxine Waters' $4.5M manse:

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbloviatingzeppelin.net%2...f=1&nofb=1]

No, most of them would be fired from any business in the private sector for gross incompetence and mismanagement.

In what industry besides government can you spend far more than you make, year after year, without consequence?