Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: FBI fears military insider attack on Inauguration Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FBI fears military insider attack on Inauguration Day and is vetting 25,000 Nat’l Guard troops

Fears of a military insider attack on Inauguration Day has prompted the FBI to vet each of the 25,000 members of the National Guard who will be in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday as President-elect Joe Biden takes his oath of office. 

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/01...S5MnZXS1cs
Ok.
I call BS. Win win for them . Something happens, its Trumps fault. Goes well, they protected Biden from another Capitol type "invasion ".
(01-18-2021, 08:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I call BS. Win win for them . Something happens, its Trumps fault. Goes well, they protected Biden from another Capitol type "invasion ".

^^^^^^^ This
A soldier who would be dumb enough to do something while on duty (which you are always on duty in a scenario like this) is a dumb soldier who would get what he or she deserves.
So we are cool with the Democrats weaponizing our military in a domestic capacity
We're cool with the democrats doing anything, bro. They can weaponize the justice system, the intelligence community, the media, the universities. Why not add the military? It will be nice when we can't even post here anymore with a dissenting voice so I can just forget about politics and do what my overlords tell me to do.
I've told this story here previously about a Yahoo political discussion board (remember those?) I frequented 20 years ago. The creator and moderator was a liberal but she was cool and the discussions were interesting and sometimes heated. But overall everyone got along pretty well and were mostly friendly.

A family emergency arose so she temporarily relinquished moderation and care of the board to two of her trusted fellow lefties, both strident Republican haters and one claiming to be a college professor. When I attempted to login the next day I discovered my account was blocked. After some messaging with other members it quickly became clear that anyone who was right of center had their board login blocked by the two Stalinist stooges.

When the moderator returned and discovered what had happened she was livid. The two tolerant and open-minded deputies were permanently banned and the restricted users reinstated, but the damage was done. The board never returned to its glory days and she eventually took it down. That was my introduction to just how far and underhanded some on the left will go to squelch opinions which don't agree with theirs.
(01-18-2021, 09:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]So we are cool with the Democrats weaponizing our military in a domestic capacity

Well, Trump was cool with using the military to quell the Floyd riots. Goose and gander,  my friends. The hypocrisy slays me. You are as dumb as they are.

How easily dummies forget

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020...d-dominate
(01-19-2021, 05:25 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2021, 09:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]So we are cool with the Democrats weaponizing our military in a domestic capacity

Well, Trump was cool with using the military to quell the Floyd riots. Goose and gander,  my friends. The hypocrisy slays me. You are as dumb as they are.

Here's a better one...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcri...d=71008802
(01-19-2021, 05:34 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2021, 05:25 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Trump was cool with using the military to quell the Floyd riots. Goose and gander,  my friends. The hypocrisy slays me. You are as dumb as they are.

Here's a better one...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcri...d=71008802

StroudCrowd has been pwned.
By the way, shouldn't I add Trump is still in charge at this moment? The Democrats have control of what exactly?

Oh wait, I'm sorry. Operate in fiction as you were.
Let's talk about dumb for a second. No one here is opposed to using the national guard to squelch riots. We are specifically talking about vetting the military to see who supported Trump. Did Trump comb through the military and remove democrats? Oh, he didn't? Then you should probably understand the argument before you run off at the mouth. One might think a person who misses such an obvious point may be a bit... well, you said it.

When I speak to weaponizing institutions, it is the LEFT that has consistently pushed out any opposing voice. Big Tech is overtly censoring conservatives. Studies show that University hires discriminate based on political ideology. Same is true in journalism. You have seen entire editorial boards run off any journalists with a dissenting opinion, even those who self-identify as left. Why stop there? Let's vet the military now. If you think this is a one time thing, you haven't been paying attention. History has shown time and time again, that power corrupts. The left in this country has an unprecedented level of power. If we make it through this four years without seeing major institutional changes, I will be shocked.
It's the continuing Purification, silly Republicans are stepping over each other to be the last ones put against the wall.
I thought the military voted something like 90% for Biden? What's the problem? Are they afraid that all of them are pissed off that their votes were changed?
(01-19-2021, 08:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Let's talk about dumb for a second. No one here is opposed to using the national guard to squelch riots. We are specifically talking about vetting the military to see who supported Trump. Did Trump comb through the military and remove democrats? Oh, he didn't? Then you should probably understand the argument before you run off at the mouth. One might think a person who misses such an obvious point may be a bit... well, you said it.

When I speak to weaponizing institutions, it is the LEFT that has consistently pushed out any opposing voice. Big Tech is overtly censoring conservatives. Studies show that University hires discriminate based on political ideology. Same is true in journalism. You have seen entire editorial boards run off any journalists with a dissenting opinion, even those who self-identify as left. Why stop there? Let's vet the military now. If you think this is a one time thing, you haven't been paying attention. History has shown time and time again, that power corrupts. The left in this country has an unprecedented level of power. If we make it through this four years without seeing major institutional changes, I will be shocked.

They're not "vetting the military to see who supported Trump."  They're vetting the National Guard troops who will be guarding the inauguration, to make sure none of them are wackos, Q-anon adherents, etc.  To do a background check on people who are holding loaded weapons around the President of the United States is prudent, that's all.
If they are vetting out anyone who is moderate, centrist, conservative, Republican, Libertarian, apolitical, or has any view other than what the progressives want and anyone here, or anywhere, is okay with that, there is something seriously wrong here. If they're simply doing background checks to make sure no one is riding the crazy train of extremism, that's fair.

The governor of a state has the right to call up the NG for situations from humanitarian aid (Hurricane Katrina) to civil disturbance. This is called State Active Duty. The president is only allowed to order members of the National Guard to carry out domestic police functions under extremely limited circumstances. Those limitations date back to the Posse Comitatus Act, signed in 1878.

One of the few examples where the president was allowed to overrule the governor’s wishes when it came to the National Guard acting as police was in 1957, when President Dwight Eisenhower federalized the Arkansas National Guard to help nine black students integrate into a previously all-white high school in Little Rock.

In that case, he used an exception to Posse Comitatus called the “Enforcement Acts,” which allow the federal government to intervene in cases when the states refused to protect African-Americans’ rights to vote, hold office, and carry out other constitutional rights.

If  there is a serious SHTF situation in DC I don't know what the ROE would be.
(01-19-2021, 11:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2021, 08:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Let's talk about dumb for a second. No one here is opposed to using the national guard to squelch riots. We are specifically talking about vetting the military to see who supported Trump. Did Trump comb through the military and remove democrats? Oh, he didn't? Then you should probably understand the argument before you run off at the mouth. One might think a person who misses such an obvious point may be a bit... well, you said it.

They're not "vetting the military to see who supported Trump."  They're vetting the National Guard troops who will be guarding the inauguration, to make sure none of them are wackos, Q-anon adherents, etc.  To do a background check on people who are holding loaded weapons around the President of the United States is prudent, that's all.

You're splitting hairs, bro. The national guard is a reserve component of our military, and they are being vetted ahead of Biden's inauguration. There was no objection to the use of the national guard by conservatives here. It was only brought up in the context that the FBI is now actively scanning for "dangerous" Trump supporters. 2 National Guard have already been removed for ties to far right organizations. Wonder if we'll ever get that info? I bet one frequents Barstool Sports too often. I'm admittedly being a bit hyperbolic, but my point has merit. If Trump had done anything like this, it would be proof of his "isms." Funny how that narrative works.

The left has a track record of aggressively discriminating against their political opponents and promoting activist officials. Expect to see more of this in the next few years.
(01-19-2021, 01:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2021, 11:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]They're not "vetting the military to see who supported Trump."  They're vetting the National Guard troops who will be guarding the inauguration, to make sure none of them are wackos, Q-anon adherents, etc.  To do a background check on people who are holding loaded weapons around the President of the United States is prudent, that's all.

You're splitting hairs, bro. The national guard is a reserve component of our military, and they are being vetted ahead of Biden's inauguration. There was no objection to the use of the national guard by conservatives here. It was only brought up in the context that the FBI is now actively scanning for "dangerous" Trump supporters. 2 National Guard have already been removed for ties to far right organizations. Wonder if we'll ever get that info? I bet one frequents Barstool Sports too often. I'm admittedly being a bit hyperbolic, but my point has merit. If Trump had done anything like this, it would be proof of his "isms." Funny how that narrative works.

The left has a track record of aggressively discriminating against their political opponents and promoting activist officials. Expect to see more of this in the next few years.

This is also after the Pentagon told them there was no threat and they would not do what Biden wanted.
(01-19-2021, 01:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2021, 11:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]They're not "vetting the military to see who supported Trump."  They're vetting the National Guard troops who will be guarding the inauguration, to make sure none of them are wackos, Q-anon adherents, etc.  To do a background check on people who are holding loaded weapons around the President of the United States is prudent, that's all.

I'm not aware that "the left" is doing this vetting, or has anything to do with it.  It's the FBI that initiated it.  

Secondly, no, I am not splitting hairs.  Checking the soldiers who will be carrying loaded weapons near the President of the United States is not the same as "vetting the military for Trump supporters."