Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Soft Serve Defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought the coaches were preaching playing with intensity!  The only one who looks to give a damn is Odrick.  Rewatching the game, most of the defense is kinda going through the motions while Rivers carved us up.   Where is that bad attitude defense they preached in the off season?

We need to get back on track this week. I'm hoping for a couple turnovers and some sacks.

And we need to get Ivory rolling.
Gus scoring defense every year.

2013- 28th in NFL

2014- 26th in NFL

2015- 31st in NFL

2016- 29th in NFL

Khan doesn't care. He's clueless.
To me, Telvin and Cyprien are the only ones who play hard. Problem with Cyprien is, well he just flat out sucks. 

This isn't intended to offend anyone but...has anybody asked their self would Cyprien be a beast in another scheme. I mean we are basically asking him to play single high. I've seen him at the line of scrimmage and then turn his back and run back to center field just before the snap, then he has to pick up his reads after he just ran 15 yards in a full out sprint.

He has the tools to be really good but this scheme has proven time and time again that it just don't work.
It is about trying to beef up the defense. And really they need to learn from the Broncos. Defense will always win you the game 99.9% of the time!

Quote:We need to get back on track this week. I'm hoping for a couple turnovers and some sacks.

And we need to get Ivory rolling.

I don't understand why people say "back on track?"  Oehser, Bradley, etc. get on my nerves saying it.  We've never been on track (performance wise).  We have been horrible for a long time now, we crumbled even further at the end of last season.  We looked to hold our own against the Packers but they look to just be struggling right now and the Chargers showed we haven't made any progress yet.  I want to see some actual level of progress in the regular season.  Bradley sounds like, and the team looks like they are in quit-mode already...
The offense needs to not play like JV team. We really need Ivory, and this passing game has to open up somehow. If they can get make that happen, we'll win.

Quote:To me, Telvin and Cyprien are the only ones who play hard. Problem with Cyprien is, well he just flat out sucks. 
Jalen? Marks? Miller? Poz too, he's older, but he still plays hard.
Quote:The offense needs to not play like JV team. We really need Ivory, and this passing game has to open up somehow. If they can get make that happen, we'll win.

Won't matter when we don't stretch the field. Don't expect to win many more, the coaching staff is completely inept. I've been off the bandwagon since the Washington game his second year.
Re-watching the game here, and no one other than Telvin sticks out on D and he's just above average.  We have no legit Super Stars at all.  And Cyp playing like a clown does not help the D overall at all.  Also, we have what 30-40 guys deep on the D Line (5 Lottos, 6 Leos, 3 Rambos, etc.) and there is still no pressure?

Quote:Won't matter when we don't stretch the field. Don't expect to win many more, the coaching staff is completely inept. I've been off the bandwagon since the Washington game his second year.
Same here. That was the most embarrassing loss I've ever seen.
Quote:Won't matter when we don't stretch the field. Don't expect to win many more, the coaching staff is completely inept. I've been off the bandwagon since the Washington game his second year.

I'm with you, I knew he wasn't a capable leader to take this team to the SB at the end of his first year unfortunately.
Quote:Re-watching the game here, and no one other than Telvin sticks out on D and he's just above average.  We have no legit Super Stars at all.  And Cyp playing like a clown does not help the D overall at all.  Also, we have what 30-40 guys deep on the D Line (5 Lottos, 6 Leos, 3 Rambos, etc.) and there is still no pressure?
Our defense has been terrible the last few years, and it was only addressed this off-season. The talent is on the other side of the ball, and they're somehow worse than the defense imo.
Quote:Jalen? Marks? Miller? Poz too, he's older, but he still plays hard.
I thought about including Jalen, but eh I don't know. He certainly plays physical I give him that, and he stands out because he is so athletic. Poz plays hard you are right. When I mean playing hard, I see Telvin always at the ball. Playing with heart all game long. Cyp bought into the ice cream cone man, and doesn't want his ice cream bud to be upset with his effort. Cyp ALWAYS seems to be right where he needs to make a play, and ALWAYS fails miserably. At least he got a fumble recovery, thats a rocket pop right there. 
Quote:I don't understand why people say "back on track?" Oehser, Bradley, etc. get on my nerves saying it. We've never been on track (performance wise). We have been horrible for a long time now, we crumbled even further at the end of last season. We looked to hold our own against the Packers but they look to just be struggling right now and the Chargers showed we haven't made any progress yet. I want to see some actual level of progress in the regular season. Bradley sounds like, and the team looks like they are in quit-mode already...

This is going to sound cliche but back on track to me means 1-2 building your way up to 2-2 and then possibly 3-2 which can put is right in the thick of things.

What this team needs is a winning streak. Something to build on.

It's almost like we are due at some point to just break out and string a couple of wins together.

It's cliche but we are in it until we are mathematically eliminated.

1-2 is way better than 0-3.
Quote:This is going to sound cliche but back on track to me means 1-2 building your way up to 2-2 and then possibly 3-2 which can put is right in the thick of things.

What this team needs is a winning streak. Something to build on.

It's almost like we are due at some point to just break out and string a couple of wins together.

It's cliche but we are in it until we are mathematically eliminated.

1-2 is way better than 0-3.

I appreciate your optimism and have thought that way myself as well.  I genuinely thought we would show up against SD.  However, I just can't believe in a GB coached team until he proves that he can lead a constantly competitive team which he has yet to do.
Quote:I appreciate your optimism and have thought that way myself as well. I genuinely thought we would show up against SD. However, I just can't believe in a GB coached team until he proves that he can lead a constantly competitive team which he has yet to do.

Just don't forget these players have a job to do and it's up to them to make plays.

Bradley sucks as a coach. Everybody knows this. But we got the players to match up with anybody in the league.