Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Teal is Primary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jags Twitter handle has been dropping these “random tweets”.

The theory is that the Jags are going to be reverting back to having teal be the primary jersey color this year. Taking the first letter of each tweet to spell out “Teal is Primary”.

If true, that’s awesome.
(02-15-2021, 10:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Jags Twitter handle has been dropping these “random tweets”.

The theory is that the Jags are going to be reverting back to having teal be the primary jersey color this year. Taking the first letter of each tweet to spell out “Teal is Primary”.

If true, that’s awesome.

I like it.
Very nice.
I know they can only change uniforms every so often. When is next year they can do that? I keep thinking there has to be something they can do to improve the teals we have.
Dropped the E and the A this morning.

Just waiting on that T! Props to the social media team.
(02-16-2021, 08:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Dropped the E and the A this morning.

Just waiting on that T! Props to the social media team.

T gonna be Trevor
(02-16-2021, 04:53 AM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]I know they can only change uniforms every so often. When is next year they can do that?  I keep thinking there has to be something they can do to improve the teals we have.

April 2018 was when we ditched the two-tone nightmare helmet, so 2023 would be the next chance to redo the look.

If we win a SB in these jerseys, I dunno if I want to change them tho....

Big Grin
(02-16-2021, 09:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2021, 04:53 AM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]I know they can only change uniforms every so often. When is next year they can do that?  I keep thinking there has to be something they can do to improve the teals we have.

April 2018 was when we ditched the two-tone nightmare helmet, so 2023 would be the next chance to redo the look.

Big Grin

Please dear God, no more two toned helmets. That was abysmal.
Just don’t wear black pants. We lose abysmally every time they are worn.
I like our logo better now but I liked those black helmets that had the teal pearl in them
About [BLEEP] time
Glad we didn't go black as the primary. Black was cool for a couple of years (e.g. Falcons) but I love traditional uniforms.

Miami needs to get back to their former colors --- that nautical aqua color is hideous.
(02-16-2021, 10:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2021, 09:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]April 2018 was when we ditched the two-tone nightmare helmet, so 2023 would be the next chance to redo the look.

Big Grin

Please dear God, no more two toned helmets. That was abysmal.

Agreed. Didn't mind the uniforms but that helmet made it looked like they were trying to save money by only painting half.
I would make the helmet all black, and if the light hit it just right, you would see jaguar spots. Just like the black jaguar. I wish I could design the uniform. I think the Jags could have something really unique.
(02-16-2021, 12:08 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2021, 10:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Please dear God, no more two toned helmets. That was abysmal.

Agreed. Didn't mind the uniforms but that helmet made it looked like they were trying to save money by only painting half.

I agree.  It looked like they ran out spray paint half through it.  That was a really bad decision.

(02-16-2021, 09:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

They can't redesign the jersey yet, but they do have a teal version as one of their jersey options.  Basically, it will go from being their alternate option to their main jersey.  I'm glad.  A bunch of teams have black or white.  Teal is distinctive to the Jaguars.
The Teal Jerseys like the one that Bullseye shared a photo of are my favorite Jaguars jerseys. The only Teal Jersey I hope the Jags don't use again is the jersey with the dark numbers. It was very difficult for me to identify the jersey numbers.

The memory I have of the Jaguars black jersey/ black pants combination is the Jaguars 9-0 win in a prime time game vs. the Steelers. ( That jersey / pants combo reminded me of the Oklahoma Outlaws uniforms in the USFL. .) That was the loudest home crowd over the TV I can recall hearing for a Jags home game. I believe Byron Leftwich was the starting Jags QB at that time. I'm in the minority but I greatly enjoy hard fought Defensive Battles in which every yard of field possession can have a significant impact on the outcome of the game.
Personally, I prefer teal and white with minimal black.
If we go with Black jersey's I just wish they'd use Teal numbers (like they did on the White 90's away jersey's) that and Teal socks would make that look really pop on screen
So they never have to wear the baby poop uniforms again?
(02-16-2021, 12:08 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2021, 10:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Please dear God, no more two toned helmets. That was abysmal.

Agreed. I have a touch of OCD when it comes to unfinished things. It drives me crazy! Those helmets gave me anxiety.

(02-16-2021, 12:24 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I would make the helmet all black, and if the light hit it just right, you would see jaguar spots. Just like the black jaguar. I wish I could design the uniform. I think the Jags could have something really unique.

That would be extremely cool!
Pages: 1 2 3