Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Public School Has Failed American Kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Public School Has Failed American Kids: Student with 0.13 GPA Ranks Near Top Half of Class

A stunning report released on Monday showed that a Baltimore teen with a grade point average of just 0.13 was ranked near the top half of his class, which is drawing some much-need scrutiny about failing public school systems.

https://www.westernjournal.com/public-sc...LdEC0aygfs
Public schools have been failing ever since they turned into "indoctrination centers" rather than educational institutions.  There is a 28 year old guy that I work with that had no idea what Auschwitz was when another co-worker told us about his father being held there.  He looked it up on his phone and later said that they were never taught about that in school.
Didn’t read the link.  But if .13 is “top of the class”.  Then that pretty much tellls me all I need to know.
I'll take "What We Already Know" for $1000, Alex.
^ ...just...wow!
Once again Charles Barkley speaks the truth.

Charles Barkley is 'sick and tired' of student-athletes getting told 'free education is nothing' | Fox News

Barkley has been a proponent of highlighting the importance of the free education part for young student-athletes.

He made the same point in an interview with Graham Bensinger in April 2016.

"I do this little science experiment when I speak at schools. Let’s say I’m at a white school. I ask how many kids want to play pro sports. Less than 10 percent raised their hand. They say they want to be doctors, lawyers, engineers. But when I speak at predominantly black schools 90 percent of kids want to play sports," he said in that interview.

"There are a couple that say they want to be doctors which makes me really proud. Our kids are brainwashed if they think they can only play sports or be entertainers. You gotta a better chance to be a doctor or a lawyer than playing in the NBA. There are 400 players in the NBA. What are the chances you are going to be one of the 400 players in the world? I’m not trying to bash their dreams, I wish everybody can do it, but you also have to be realistic. You are not going to play in the NBA; who are we kidding."...

Shaquille O'neal has a PhD. Why isn't his education, and the path he used to obtain it, being promoted more?
(03-21-2021, 11:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2021, 10:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]So you're getting your news from Moscow now?

Burn?

Your source- RT.  

Link

RT America is a U.S.-based pay television and internet-based[1] news channel which is part of the RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, funded and controlled by the Russian government.
(03-21-2021, 11:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2021, 11:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Burn?

Your source- RT.  

Link

RT America is a U.S.-based pay television and internet-based[1] news channel which is part of the RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, funded and controlled by the Russian government.

So ignore the egregiousness of the story and go after the source? Is the story untrue? If not, why didn't our own media run this story? Could it be they're biased? Tell us, Marty.
(03-21-2021, 11:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2021, 11:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Your source- RT.  

Link

So ignore the egregiousness of the story and go after the source? Is the story untrue? If not, why didn't our own media run this story? Could it be they're biased? Tell us, Marty.

It doesn't seem like a very important story to me.  Some students got into a political dispute, and one of them decided to leave school.
Always the same direction.
(03-21-2021, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Once again Charles Barkley speaks the truth.

Charles Barkley is 'sick and tired' of student-athletes getting told 'free education is nothing' | Fox News

Barkley has been a proponent of highlighting the importance of the free education part for young student-athletes.

"I do this little science experiment when I speak at schools. Let’s say I’m at a white school. I ask how many kids want to play pro sports. Less than 10 percent raised their hand. They say they want to be doctors, lawyers, engineers. But when I speak at predominantly black schools 90 percent of kids want to play sports," he said in that interview.

"There are a couple that say they want to be doctors which makes me really proud. Our kids are brainwashed if they think they can only play sports or be entertainers. You gotta a better chance to be a doctor or a lawyer than playing in the NBA. There are 400 players in the NBA. What are the chances you are going to be one of the 400 players in the world? I’m not trying to bash their dreams, I wish everybody can do it, but you also have to be realistic. You are not going to play in the NBA; who are we kidding."...

Shaquille O'neal has a PhD. Why isn't his education, and the path he used to obtain it, being promoted more?

I think the more troubling thing is that trades have been taken out of public schools and children are "taught" to think that they can't be successful without going to college.  I know of several people who in some cases barely got a high school diploma that make a better living than a lot of graduates from college/university.

True story.  I have a very good friend that has no more education than a high school diploma.  He has worked in construction all of his adult life, specifically operating heavy machinery.  He married a woman from a wealthy family and is constantly "shunned" as a "blue collar worker" at many of their family gatherings.  The guy owns his own company along with several pieces of equipment that cost as much or more than the average home.  They live on basically what I would call an "estate" in St. John's county out towards the beaches, yet his "elite" in-laws look at him like he's "cousin Eddie".

Children are told far too often that their only path to success is a college indoctrination "education".  Their "tools for success" are a computer screen, a smart phone and "being connected".  Unfortunately, in many inner cities and in the black community children are often "taught" that their only way to success is through athletics.
(03-21-2021, 04:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2021, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Once again Charles Barkley speaks the truth.

I think the more troubling thing is that trades have been taken out of public schools and children are "taught" to think that they can't be successful without going to college.  I know of several people who in some cases barely got a high school diploma that make a better living than a lot of graduates from college/university.

True story.  I have a very good friend that has no more education than a high school diploma.  He has worked in construction all of his adult life, specifically operating heavy machinery.  He married a woman from a wealthy family and is constantly "shunned" as a "blue collar worker" at many of their family gatherings.  The guy owns his own company along with several pieces of equipment that cost as much or more than the average home.  They live on basically what I would call an "estate" in St. John's county out towards the beaches, yet his "elite" in-laws look at him like he's "cousin Eddie".

Children are told far too often that their only path to success is a college indoctrination "education".  Their "tools for success" are a computer screen, a smart phone and "being connected".  Unfortunately, in many inner cities and in the black community children are often "taught" that their only way to success is through athletics.

Which is exactly where the democrats want them.
We weren't told about any higher education in my house growing up and to this day my mom can't think of why. We were never in any sport, SAT tests were never brought up, trade schools, nothing. I think it's because they thought me and my sister would marry a couple of church boys, have kids and do the whole domestic thing. No need for an education if you're going to be a domestic engineer. The thing is, they never asked me what I wanted, or have me options. Surprising since my mom and her three siblings are all college educated. Two teachers, a nurse and a business degree.

College was never my path in my mind. I wanted to be in the Army so that's what I did. Trade school would have been perfect for me after I got out but I had no clue what to look for outside of those shady for-profit "colleges" I always saw advertised on tv.
(03-22-2021, 08:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]We weren't told about any higher education in my house growing up and to this day my mom can't think of why. We were never in any sport, SAT tests were never brought up, trade schools, nothing. I think it's because they thought me and my sister would marry a couple of church boys, have kids and do the whole domestic thing. No need for an education if you're going to be a domestic engineer. The thing is, they never asked me what I wanted, or have me options. Surprising since my mom and her three siblings are all college educated. Two teachers, a nurse and a business degree.

College was never my path in my mind. I wanted to be in the Army so that's what I did. Trade school would have been perfect for me after I got out but I had no clue what to look for outside of those shady for-profit "colleges" I always saw advertised on tv.

My parents mentioned the SAT when I was in high school. 
I asked, “Is that the alphabet?”
It was never brought up again.
(03-23-2021, 08:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2021, 08:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]We weren't told about any higher education in my house growing up and to this day my mom can't think of why. We were never in any sport, SAT tests were never brought up, trade schools, nothing. I think it's because they thought me and my sister would marry a couple of church boys, have kids and do the whole domestic thing. No need for an education if you're going to be a domestic engineer. The thing is, they never asked me what I wanted, or have me options. Surprising since my mom and her three siblings are all college educated. Two teachers, a nurse and a business degree.

My parents mentioned the SAT when I was in high school. 
I asked, “Is that the alphabet?”
It was never brought up again.

So our parents "failed" us. Sometimes it makes me mad that my mother didn't prepare me better for the real world. I get that she had an 'ideal' life vision for me but I never wanted any of it (housewife, kids) but I didn't know how to speak up for myself back then. Being a soldier was the one thing that I knew I wanted. Lucky for me I didn't require a college degree to get it.
(03-03-2021, 07:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Public schools have been failing ever since they turned into "indoctrination centers" rather than educational institutions.  There is a 28 year old guy that I work with that had no idea what Auschwitz was when another co-worker told us about his father being held there.  He looked it up on his phone and later said that they were never taught about that in school.

Indoctrination centers?  Come on man.  Put the q anon away.
Pages: 1 2