Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No point in hating the signings...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have no idea how our offense or defense is going to be ran, some of these guys could fit like a glove and be good. Gotta wait and see.
Don't be a mark.
(03-16-2021, 01:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]We have no idea how our offense or defense is going to be ran, some of these guys could fit like a glove and be good. Gotta wait and see.

People need something to [BLEEP] about, they won't be happy in their miserable little lives if they don't.
Hyde and Dorsett are not good signings i mean they are meh. The others whatever
(03-16-2021, 01:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]We have no idea how our offense or defense is going to be ran, some of these guys could fit like a glove and be good. Gotta wait and see.

I get that we are not breaking the bank for the top of the FA class, we are not in desperation trying to keep a playoff window open.

Biggest gripe I have is paying big honkin bucks to reserves on day one of FA. These are the types of deals that should be coming in a week or so after FA dies down.

Remember when everyone thought we were in the driver's seat for FA because of all our cap room?
(03-16-2021, 09:01 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

I get that we are not breaking the bank for the top of the FA class, we are not in desperation trying to keep a playoff window open.

Biggest gripe I have is paying big honkin bucks to reserves on day one of FA. These are the types of deals that should be coming in a week or so after FA dies down.

Remember when everyone thought we were in the driver's seat for FA because of all our cap room?

We were in the driver's seat, it's clear that the organization has no idea what they're doing.
Dorsett wasn't even good with Andrew Luck and Tom Brady.

RRH is supposedly a decent role player but don't we have plenty of those --- also, not fond of 290 pound DTs when the focus is plugging the hole.
(03-16-2021, 09:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Dorsett wasn't even good with Andrew Luck and Tom Brady.

RRH is supposedly a decent role player but don't we have plenty of those --- also, not fond of 290 pound DTs when the focus is plugging the hole.

Yeah, but if he's a 290 DE in a 34 that's a different matter. We just need to see if Hamilton is up to playing the Nose and getting a second guy big enough to do it too.
(03-16-2021, 09:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2021, 09:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Dorsett wasn't even good with Andrew Luck and Tom Brady.

Yeah, but if he's a 290 DE in a 34 that's a different matter. We just need to see if Hamilton is up to playing the Nose and getting a second guy big enough to do it too.
The new 3-4 is Smoot - Hamilton - new guy with hyphenated name
(03-16-2021, 09:09 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2021, 09:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but if he's a 290 DE in a 34 that's a different matter. We just need to see if Hamilton is up to playing the Nose and getting a second guy big enough to do it too.
The new 3-4 is Smoot - Hamilton - new guy with hyphenated name

The Bears message board refers to him as RRH.  They had decent things to say about him (being an Undrafted Free Agent) but recognized they couldn't keep him under those salary requirements; especially in the serviceable role that he played.

Common Sense is in the His House.

NH3...
(03-16-2021, 09:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know where you guys are getting this but RRH fits the role of Malik Jackson or Taven Bryan. RRH doesn't scream big end to me, more of a pass rush DT
(03-16-2021, 12:46 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2021, 09:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but if he's a 290 DE in a 34 that's a different matter. We just need to see if Hamilton is up to playing the Nose and getting a second guy big enough to do it too.

I don't know where you guys are getting this but RRH fits the role of Malik Jackson or Taven Bryan. RRH doesn't scream big end to me, more of a pass rush DT

If RRH turns out production like JPP, then I'll be happy.
(03-16-2021, 01:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2021, 12:46 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know where you guys are getting this but RRH fits the role of Malik Jackson or Taven Bryan. RRH doesn't scream big end to me, more of a pass rush DT

If RRH turns out production like JPP, then I'll be happy.

Doubtful. They are two entirely different players. JPP is more of a pass rushing threat and RRH is more of a run stopper.